Wednesday v Warnock - the stats

Just done a bit of research and we really do have a terrible record against Warnock teams. I make it that we've only won 3 in 19 with him in the opposition dugout.

Untitled.png

Why do we have such a bad record against him?

Edited by RyanSWFC

Simple answer up until the last season or two is that we've been sh*t for nearly 2 decades. Most teams didn't lose to us in the championship. 

Then there's also the fact he is a very good manager at this level. He gets the best out of what he has. Take Rotherham last year and compare it to this. 

Some me might think it's because he's a blade and he's really up for it, but I wouldn't agree with that. He comes across as a bloke who wants/needs to win no matter what. That wouldn't transcend into a bunch of players in a one of game who couldn't care less about Sheffield Wednesday.  

13 minutes ago, mark77 said:

Yeah beat them 1-0 at Hillsborough but lost 2-1 at County. Previous season was 2-2 at home and 2-0 win away but not sure if he was manager.

He was and even back then he did his old trick of pretending to forget his away kit so we played in yellow at home ...ended 2-2 after going two nil up.

We won the away game 2-0 at meadow Lane. 

Everyone was bricking it when he'd just taken over and we went there earlier this season and we could easily have won and he said so himself.

Like someone else said, we've moved on, he's moved on and we're due one.

Fuckworrying about that grunting nobsack, it just plays into his and their (all his snorting disciples) hands.

Get out there, get behind 'em and get the job done.

He's no Benitez after all.

Edited by sonofbert2

3 hours ago, RyanSWFC said:

Just done a bit of research and we really do have a terrible record against Warnock teams. I make it that we've only won 3 in 19 with him in the opposition dugout.

Untitled.png

Why do we have such a bad record against him?

seriously our toughest test of the season, he will forsake anything to beat us and will make his players think its their cup final, we need to be ruthless, show the spirit of yesterdays performance and finally put him to bed

Just now, pride_of_the_road said:

Be intresting to hear his thoughts on our strikers before the game.

He used to love having alot strikers in his squad.

He will play the usual underdog card, we should 'murder them', 'my lads are an honest bunch', Millay, Smithy, Turns, Bobs, Jackie etc etc, Sharon, the tractor and throw in the line that he has got one last job in him. 

Just now, vulva said:

He will play the usual underdog card, we should 'murder them', 'my lads are an honest bunch', Millay, Smithy, Turns, Bobs, Jackie etc etc, Sharon, the tractor and throw in the line that he has got one last job in him. 

He will be pulling out all the time wasting tricks in the book thats for sure!

And that false laugh, that comes from the back of his throat. Rancid. Should never have managed another football club after that debacle against West Brom when the game got called off. 

And anyone on here that wanted him as manager wants dry bummin with an underripe pineapple. 

Just now, LoOkOut said:

Cardiff are a decent side and warnock has got them playing well, he's done an outstanding job there...but Friday they will come off worse if we have the same mentality as the Newcastle game and the fans get behind us .

WE and US ?

Hmmmm which player is this...

I'm guessing Jack Hunt

1 hour ago, LoOkOut said:

He was and even back then he did his old trick of pretending to forget his away kit so we played in yellow at home ...ended 2-2 after going two nil up.

We won the away game 2-0 at meadow Lane. 

One at S6 is when Big Ron threatened to stick Colin's head in a bucket of water during game.

I remember us playing in yellow but never realised it was Warnock playing silly buggers.