Poll: Man of the Match vs Rotherham United...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Rotherham United  

342 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Rotherham United?

• Westwood
    • Hunt
    • Lees
    • Loovens
    • Reach
    • Wallace
    • Bannan
    • Jones
    • Rhodes
    • Hooper
    • Fletcher
    • Semedo
    • Nuhiu
    • Winnall

Overall, I thought we were poor again tonight. Rotherham are going to go down in history as the worst ever team at this tier of English football and for half of that game we were second best. We got a huge stroke of luck again with that first goal, but fair play to Fletcher for the finish...and for the second which was a great header. Our midfield was garbage in that first half - just offloaded it to our CBs who ended up playing those horrible chipped balls. Second half was a non-event and the game was won. It was all about the win and I'm happy we got it, but the bar needs to be raised on Saturday.

Westwood 8 - commanded his area very well.

Hunt 6 - good cross for the second goal but just doesn't do it for me. I don't think he is the quality we need. 

Loovens 4 - distribution was poor and he just doesn't look commanding.

Lees 6 - poor distribution, but often forced into it by the shy midfield.

Reach 4 - poor. Wasteful in good areas.

Wallace 5 - did well for the first goal but little else.

Bannan 5 - didn't do enough. Very poor first half...better in the second but that's typical of him - it wasn't a contest then.

Jones 6 - poor first half but decent in the second. Similar to Barry really but as he doesn't possess the talent Barry has I marked him one higher.

Hooper 7 - neat and tidy link up play. 

Fletcher 8 - two well taken goals.

Rhodes 6 - another game where Jordan just runs about chasing down loose ends. We bought one of the most clinical striker out there yet we don't create chances??

Subs

Semedo 6 - did ok to be fair.

Nuhiu 4 - didn't do a thing, although its the same for most of our strikers every game.

Winnall 5 - nothing of note.

Fletcher quite clearly. We struggle to score, we didn't look like scoring, and he got two.

Defence all did well. Loovens and Lees commanding.

Bannan was everywhere and excellent.

Wallace, Hooper and a Reach fine.

Rhodes too quiet. 

Semedo do did a very good job.

Overall the 3 points is what really matters however it was somewhat laboured and there were periods when we didn’t look any better than the worst team in the division.

Westwood- 7 Great with the high balls into the box but the kicking……

Hunt- 7 Solid performance and a great cross for the second
Loovens- 6 A few shaky moments
Lees- 7 Typical performance
Reach- 7 Another decent display

Wallace- 6 Went missing too often for my liking
Jones- 6 Did what he had to, no more no less
Bannan- 7 Much improved, always involved.

Hooper- 6.5 Some nice touches, will improve with game time.
Rhodes- 5 Its just not happening for him, will be lucky to keep his place after another ineffective display
Fletcher- 7.5 Took his goals well hence MOM

Semedo- 6 Some tidy touches
Nuhiu- 5 Nothing special
Winnall- 5 Ran hard but no end product

Carlos- Changed things round a bit but lets face it we were up against a pub team!

I was just looking at the list of players to pick from for about 5 minutes not knowing who to choose! not one person stood out in my opinion. A very boring game. I piked semedo just because I like him the the most and he weardly excites me :/ 

I may not be well. 

34 minutes ago, roundhayowl said:

Overall, I thought we were poor again tonight. Rotherham are going to go down in history as the worst ever team at this tier of English football and for half of that game we were second best. We got a huge stroke of luck again with that first goal, but fair play to Fletcher for the finish...and for the second which was a great header. Our midfield was garbage in that first half - just offloaded it to our CBs who ended up playing those horrible chipped balls. Second half was a non-event and the game was won. It was all about the win and I'm happy we got it, but the bar needs to be raised on Saturday.

Westwood 8 - commanded his area very well.

Hunt 6 - good cross for the second goal but just doesn't do it for me. I don't think he is the quality we need. 

Loovens 4 - distribution was poor and he just doesn't look commanding.

Lees 6 - poor distribution, but often forced into it by the shy midfield.

Reach 4 - poor. Wasteful in good areas.

Wallace 5 - did well for the first goal but little else.

Bannan 5 - didn't do enough. Very poor first half...better in the second but that's typical of him - it wasn't a contest then.

Jones 6 - poor first half but decent in the second. Similar to Barry really but as he doesn't possess the talent Barry has I marked him one higher.

Hooper 7 - neat and tidy link up play. 

Fletcher 8 - two well taken goals.

Rhodes 6 - another game where Jordan just runs about chasing down loose ends. We bought one of the most clinical striker out there yet we don't create chances??

Subs

Semedo 6 - did ok to be fair.

Nuhiu 4 - didn't do a thing, although its the same for most of our strikers every game.

Winnall 5 - nothing of note.

Bannan. Very poor first half? What?

How could anyone watching the game arrive at that conclusion ? 1 great cross. 2 excellent and important tackles. 5 or 6 great forward pases and moved the ball aroynd well in general. We were winning 2 0 at half time.

What more can the guy do?