When Winnall Scored

Bit of a rubbish game and another frustrating result. But I'll still always remember today for a wonderful moment of schadenfreude when Winnall scored - I was torn between going mental at the goal and killing myself laughing as he sprinted off towards the Barnsley fans. Singing his name for the 10 minutes afterwards while the rest of Oakwell looked on the verge of suicide. It was just written in the stars that he'd score today, brilliant stuff lol

The thing that amused me was that celebration clearly burned the last of his bridges with Barnsley fans - so why not just embrace the pantomime villain status rather than have a very forlorn attempt to applauding the fans who clearly wished him nothing more than a painful death?  :laugh:

Edited by Groundhopping Owl

12 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

And then they score in the 93rd minute to wipe all the above out :(

Well yes - but in terms of how I look back on today in ten years, the draw will be another innocuous result, but when somebody reminds me of Winnall scoring and sprinting straight off to torment their fans, I'll still laugh like a drain.

That was the only real plus to come out of today. I was so chuffed he scored after the dog's abuse he's had off that lot for months. He's had everything from death threats to a Peppa pig thrown at him. The Barnsley fans are going nuts about his goal celebrations and saying he made gestures and should have been booked and banned etc. Real hypocrites considering what they've done to him. 

1 hour ago, steveger said:

I was sat in with the dingles in the east stand top deck, you should have heard the "language" and pure real hate when he scored..... i couldn't help but laugh uncontrollably and even louder inside, i got away with it.......:biggrin:

How could you possibly translate it ?

Did you need a passport to get in the east ?

not for me .........what hurts more ? seeing a ex girlfriend who blown you out  sticking up 2 fingers to you or snogging some better looking bloke .....he should have celebrated with the us ,that would have really hurt them ..........the time to goad the opposites is when you've won

11 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

I don't think we'd be any different.

But it's amazing how fans think they can give a player stick and yet get wounded if it is reciprocated 

Oh certainly. Could you imagine what it would have been like if Forestieri had left then come back and scored at Hillsborough?

We are no better in many respects. 

Always makes me laugh when football fans get upset at an opposition player for scoring. 

There was one recently where a West Ham fan actually entered the pitch to confront Eden Hazard for having the temerity of doing his job. 

Few things wind me up about football more than the sanctimonious piety of football fans

The double standards is incredible - and with rarely even the remotest nod of recognition of of the obvious hypocrisy. The blinkers are usually well and truly on - amazingly quick to accept from their own players/team what they rage against from opponents

If Winnall was getting pelters and decided to give some back then good on him - football karma

I hope our fans who enjoyed it are just as accepting when it happens against us at some point

3 minutes ago, scram said:

Few things wind me up about football more than the sanctimonious piety of football fans

The double standards is incredible - and with rarely even the remotest nod of recognition of of the obvious hypocrisy. The blinkers are usually well and truly on - amazingly quick to accept from their own players/team what they rage against from opponents

If Winnall was getting pelters and decided to give some back then good on him - football karma

I hope our fans who enjoyed it are just as accepting when it happens against us at some point

Afobe last season? needless to say that bit him on the arse

Edited by barmyowl1212

It all depends on the situation.

They abused Winnall all match. The stick he received on social media after he signed for us was terrible.

Winnall's celebration was understandable and justifiable.

If the Barnsley fans had given him a good reception then celebrating with the Wednesday fans would've been fine but not in front of the Barnsley fans.

Although, all Winnall's celebration did was get the Barnsley fans and players going for the first time in the match.