Where do Barnsley and Rotherham figure in terms of animosity?

With the next two matches being derbies it got me thinking about where Barnsley and Rotherham counted in my own view of where they ranked in teams I dislike.

Here is my list:-

1 Leeds. Yes, even above the Blades (though United are the team I would most like to beat as their supporters can be insufferable if they beat us). Leeds, on the other hand have a minority that are thuggish and a majority that are arrogant and insufferable most of the time.

2. The Blades. Maybe second only because we haven't competed against them for so long, however.

These two are way ahead of the rest.

3. Millwall. Mainly down to their supporters who always cause trouble. Fortunately we don't have much contact with them these days.

4. Barnsley. Generally used to wish them no ill will and was pleased they got promoted. The reaction re Sam Winnall sale and subsequent  comments from their supporters helped elevate them to fourth on my list.

5. Rotherham. I used to work in Rotherham so this may have coloured my opinion here.

2 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

With the next two matches being derbies it got me thinking about where Barnsley and Rotherham counted in my own view of where they ranked in teams I dislike.

Here is my list:-

1 Leeds. Yes, even above the Blades (though United are the team I would most like to beat as their supporters can be insufferable if they beat us). Leeds, on the other hand have a minority that are thuggish and a majority that are arrogant and insufferable most of the time.

2. The Blades. Maybe second only because we haven't competed against them for so long, however.

These two are way ahead of the rest.

3. Millwall. Mainly down to their supporters who always cause trouble. Fortunately we don't have much contact with them these days.

4. Barnsley. Generally used to wish them no ill will and was pleased they got promoted. The reaction re Sam Winnall sale and subsequent  comments from their supporters helped elevate them to fourth on my list.

5. Rotherham. I used to work in Rotherham so this may have coloured my opinion here.

Arsenal.

United are our rivals. Not living in Sheffield I don't have to deal with their fans and basically I just don't care about them unless we are in direct competition with them.

Leeds have an active and obnoxious element in their fan base and although I know some quite decent Leeds fans, the club is tainted by the minority.

Millwall similar to Leeds but I don't know any Millwall fans.

Liverpool because of a significant number being moaning victims and what's more, scousers, I don't like them. I do know some quite decent Liverpool fans.

Arsenal - Don't mind the fans, just don't like the club

other local clubs; just don't care

Edited by OxonOwl

never give them much thought until today , just back from Barnsley having unsuccessfully tried to blag a ticket for tomorrow using my Spanish residents card (its worked before) and now hate the overly fingered feckwits with a vengeance  especially the smug tart of a ticket office manageress who's got a severe case of  ugly woman syndrome ......

Fans:

Arsenal - Just everything

Chelsea - Glory hunters etc

Liverpool - Need i say

Millwall - Scruummy lot

Leeds - Scruummy lot

As a club:

Leeds - Scruummy lot

Pigs - Scruummy lot

MK Dons - Destroyed a club I genuinely liked

Man City - Everything thats wrong with modern football

Edited by BowOwl

Amazed so many have put Leeds anywhere near the Pigs, never mind above them. Is that an older generation thing or something? For me nothing comes close to United in terms of rivalry. The build up and fallout to a Leeds game doesn't even register on the Richter scale in comparison to a steel city Derby. Beating Rotherham and Barnsley is only more fun than a normal win just because they hate us so much. I find their seething anger against us quite adorable in a way.

2 minutes ago, RedSoxOwl said:

Amazed so many have put Leeds anywhere near the Pigs, never mind above them. Is that an older generation thing or something? For me nothing comes close to United in terms of rivalry. The build up and fallout to a Leeds game doesn't even register on the Richter scale in comparison to a steel city Derby. Beating Rotherham and Barnsley is only more fun than a normal win just because they hate us so much. I find their seething anger against us quite adorable in a way.

Leeds, like millwall are clubs everyone hates. Genuinely think the footballing world revolves around them, along with a history of pure violence.

United, I dislike, but i'd say 80% of that is purely down to location. Move them anywhere else and would be meaningless to me.
Move leeds or millwall anywhere, would still hate them.