QPR U8's tickets

Purchased tickets for QPR last night and i noticed that U8's was free entry.Thought it was a great way to get the younger end interested in going to games and obviously better for parents with a couple of kids money wise, think our club could learn a few things from other clubs in this regard and no I'm not having a go at the club it's just an observation.

4 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

Purchased tickets for QPR last night and i noticed that U8's was free entry.Thought it was a great way to get the younger end interested in going to games and obviously better for parents with a couple of kids money wise, think our club could learn a few things from other clubs in this regard and no I'm not having a go at the club it's just an observation.

Until recently we've had free season tickets for 8 year olds.

I've bought both of my lads three year season tickets in the Grandstand for £75 each!

I have been a critic of ticket prices at Hillsborough but the pricing for Under 8's is excellent.

8 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

QPR will get a shock next year when the blades turn up - 2,000 away tickets gone, £0.00 ticket revenue.

28 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

As has been said, Wednesday used to do free season tickets for Under 8's but people abused this and adults trying to gain entry with these and the turnstile operators where threatened or called 'Jobsworths' for not allowing them entry. 

I had to laugh one week when someone said 'I'll pay the difference' to which I replied 'It's a free ticket so that'll be full price'.

The other excuse would be 'I've picked up my sons / daughters ticket by mistake and they must've got mine'

Edited by owl-zat

1 hour ago, owl-zat said:

As has been said, Wednesday used to do free season tickets for Under 8's but people abused this and adults trying to gain entry with these and the turnstile operators where threatened or called 'Jobsworths' for not allowing them entry. 

I had to laugh one week when someone said 'I'll pay the difference' to which I replied 'It's a free ticket so that'll be full price'.

The other excuse would be 'I've picked up my sons / daughters ticket by mistake and they must've got mine'

Yes i can see you're point it just struck me as being very good PR .

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I've bought both of my lads three year season tickets in the Grandstand for £75 each!

I have been a critic of ticket prices at Hillsborough but the pricing for Under 8's is excellent.

As a matter of interest what is the POTG price in there mate?

1 hour ago, owl-zat said:

It wasn't just that though.

Some people were getting season tickets for their kids for free (fair enough) but the kids were only going once or twice a season, if that, and taking up some prime seats that others could otherwise have had. That's why a nominal charge was introduced.

18 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

It wasn't just that though.

Some people were getting season tickets for their kids for free (fair enough) but the kids were only going once or twice a season, if that, and taking up some prime seats that others could otherwise have had. That's why a nominal charge was introduced.

That too, some people got them just so tghey had extra legroom

2 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I posted somewhere other day that you can take your 2 kids (if there under 11) and yourself to Derby Match for £41 If your members, i asked how much under same circumstances would that of been 10 years ago? No one answered. But I'd presume it would of been more.

Edited by 1867Heaven

3 hours ago, Andoverowl said:

But to counter that they charge any child over the age of 8 one set price right up to 18yrs which is not so good.

1 hour ago, station road owl said:

I got 1 for my lad, his 2nd free away ticket this season,cambridge did same offer in cup. Only ball ache is having to go to ticket office to claim 1. He attends most home games for £5, he's only 4 but you can tell he's got the bug. 

how does he cope with the 'toxic' atmosphere?