Shearer mentions Hirst snr...

48 minutes ago, Mountain Owl said:

Shearer talks more sense than most of the others. Good analyst who normally gets it right.

He certainly called it right about England Strikers and corroborated with my own view on Wednesday , i.e. when strikers don't get the service they go drifting out of position to look for it, rather than running the line, keeping position and relying on other team members to do their job 

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

Didn't Bobby Robsin not say " its not a question who replaces Lineker its who is going to partner David Hirst"

I've said it once and I'll say it again, history will nit remember him the he deserves.

I saw David play in the vast majority of his appearances for Wednesday. Sadly imo Bobby Robson  got this one wrong, David had all the natural talent but never quite fulfilled his potential, some  of that was down to injury but there was always something missing. The move to United and Sir Alex could have provided that missing ingredient. 

35 minutes ago, Geedee said:

I saw David play in the vast majority of his appearances for Wednesday. Sadly imo Bobby Robson  got this one wrong, David had all the natural talent but never quite fulfilled his potential, some  of that was down to injury but there was always something missing. The move to United and Sir Alex could have provided that missing ingredient. 

If it wasnt for that tvvat Steve Bould - Sir Bobby would have been spot on imo

2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Didn't Bobby Robsin not say " its not a question who replaces Lineker its who is going to partner David Hirst"

I've said it once and I'll say it again, history will nit remember him the he deserves.

Gid+moaning+i+see+you+also+remember+quot

I think it wrong that the angle is "we've picked Defoe, what a disgrace we have no strikers". Defoe has got picked on merit and his age and absence and any other factor are irrelevant.

It should be just an article about the fact we don't have many strikers

47 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

I think it wrong that the angle is "we've picked Defoe, what a disgrace we have no strikers". Defoe has got picked on merit and his age and absence and any other factor are irrelevant.

It should be just an article about the fact we don't have many strikers

Yep, Defoe has improved with age and could teach the younger players a thing or two.

The best way to watch motd is record it. Fast forward to the football highlights only. Past the waffle of host and commentators and their slo mo replays and constant moaning.. Just watch the 10 minutes of footy.

Or you have to listen to like is shearer.

Who's only achievement in football management was to be miserable and relegate his home town club.

And now his job is to depress the viewers of motd. Actually it's probably better to not watch it get the highlights from elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Blue and white said:

`We with blue glasses realise what a tradegy it was that he got done by fecking bould 

I genuinely think he was better than all that list and shearer too in talent terms  not sure about professionalism but as a striker you would have to pay an absolute fortune for now 

3 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Gid moaning officer Crabtree

2 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

He certainly called it right about England Strikers and corroborated with my own view on Wednesday , i.e. when strikers don't get the service they go drifting out of position to look for it, rather than running the line, keeping position and relying on other team members to do their job 

Good strikers turn poor provides into good players.  They have a knack of being in the right place at the right time. Shearer, Lineker, Neil Mellor.