McGugan starts for U-23s

On 27/03/2017 at 14:12, mogbad said:

I think DC is quite a hands on Chairman when he's in town. Maybe he fully supports CC's stance on the situation or maybe McGugan's lack of involvement is purely down to McGugan himself.  He has undoubted ability but I believe we're now the 3rd club where McGugan finds himself cold shouldered & out of the managers plans.

Or maybe it was DC who felt that McGugan had disrespected him after an argument between himself and McGugan when McGugan refused to back down or apologise.  

After which DC told CC that McGugans career at Wednesday from that moment was over...

Maybe CC has had to do some serious grovelling to DC to allow McGugan to be involved again now we are down to bare bones?

Guest Ash76
2 hours ago, fred mciver said:

This guy's quality and determined. Ask Newcastle, away.

He was appalling that night before he scored

24 minutes ago, Simaniac Owl said:

That's right. Can't find the link to the report. 

At at least he has some desire to play. 

Shame he didnt have the desire to play in  the role CC asked him to play at the start of last season. 

2 hours ago, House Stark said:

Or maybe it was DC who felt that McGugan had disrespected him after an argument between himself and McGugan when McGugan refused to back down or apologise.  

After which DC told CC that McGugans career at Wednesday from that moment was over...

Maybe CC has had to do some serious grovelling to DC to allow McGugan to be involved again now we are down to bare bones?

Maybe's pah

25 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Shame he didnt have the desire to play in  the role CC asked him to play at the start of last season. 

So we got Forestieri instead :manager:

(apparently)

I do think McGugan would have useful the last couple of seasons though. 

Edited by Simaniac Owl

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 21:16, bigash_swfc said:

Suppose If they're sought after...then it's a different story. McCormack had takers after the Steve Bruce fall out. Villa are able to have a quick turn around of players. 

I believe McGugan is on 16/17k per week. Would be nice to see some value out of him this season.

Just for comparison though,

Reach is on 30k, Fletcher 31k, Hooper 30k+, Forestieri & Rhodes could be north of 50k a week each.

Guessing Jones, Hutchinson, Bannan & Lee are between 20k to 30k a week.

So McGugans 16k is comparitivly low, I wonder if he's been offered bonuses for any contribution made between now & the seasons end. 

don't know what wages players are on but the guess for lee is way over the mark