McGugan starts for U-23s

27 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Suppose If they're sought after...then it's a different story. McCormack had takers after the Steve Bruce fall out. Villa are able to have a quick turn around of players. 

I believe McGugan is on 16/17k per week. Would be nice to see some value out of him this season.

Just for comparison though,

Reach is on 30k, Fletcher 31k, Hooper 30k+, Forestieri & Rhodes could be north of 50k a week each.

Guessing Jones, Hutchinson, Bannan & Lee are between 20k to 30k a week.

So McGugans 16k is comparitivly low, I wonder if he's been offered bonuses for any contribution made between now & the seasons end. 

Rhodes was reportedly on 60k / week at Boro and agreed to a 50% wage cut to join us

29 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Suppose If they're sought after...then it's a different story. McCormack had takers after the Steve Bruce fall out. Villa are able to have a quick turn around of players. 

I believe McGugan is on 16/17k per week. Would be nice to see some value out of him this season.

Just for comparison though,

Reach is on 30k, Fletcher 31k, Hooper 30k+, Forestieri & Rhodes could be north of 50k a week each.

Guessing Jones, Hutchinson, Bannan & Lee are between 20k to 30k a week.

So McGugans 16k is comparitivly low, I wonder if he's been offered bonuses for any contribution made between now & the seasons end. 

Well, he wont have earned any so far lol

Just now, darra said:

As for Mcgugan not being given a chance i think that this has been the case at 3 clubs now speaks volumes about his general attitude

There is definitely a pattern that has emerged throughout his career.  

1 hour ago, darra said:

Rhodes was reportedly on 60k / week at Boro and agreed to a 50% wage cut to join us

No way . Who would take a 50% pay cut just don't happen does it. Wish some of our players could take a 75% cut fletcher 35k cud become less than 9k. hooper 30k cud become 7.5k  we have many players based purely on this season's performances would need between a 50% and 90% pay cut . unfortunately can't be done so club will be lumbered for next 3 years with these high earners 

6 hours ago, yunga_swfc said:

rumour has it he's about 18 stone, probs won't be involved tbh, just did him a favour & let him get fit so he can move on in the summer

Seen a pic on swfcWeb site of mcgugan didn't look like he had a pot belly though only from side of him showing so probably all that 18 stone is in his backside which has held him down this season .I blame Carlos for making him a fat arse 

57 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Seen a pic on swfcWeb site of mcgugan didn't look like he had a pot belly though only from side of him showing so probably all that 18 stone is in his backside which has held him down this season .I blame Carlos for making him a fat arse 

lol

On 28/03/2017 at 00:59, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

That's not exactly true though is it? :columbo:

Just going by what's been said about him by fans of other clubs he's played for on here in the past. Namely he has an attitude problems.

On 27/03/2017 at 20:07, handworth52 said:

played for 60 mins according to reports ,must be 1st game he played since oct nov for u23s I believe. why didn't he play last wk for u23s? a lot of u23 players wernt available and no other 1st team squad player played ,I'm thinking that carlos must have had a chat with him regarding rest of season. what that line up to me says is that hooper is still nowhere nr 1st team picture ,we have loads strikers fit so it wouldn't have been a risk giving him 60 mins so rule him out for Saturday , other 3 carlos hoped to be back Wallace fessi hutch no1 will know if they are fit until 1130am Saturday my guess is just Wallace might make it. those 4 players plus lee would have given us a massive boost for rest of season but I'm not that confident we shall see any of them . I think carlos knows he has no option but to give mcgugan a chance . I know he gets on with all the players bar 1 so its not like he is a bad egg in the dressing room. its just purely carlos opinion that he don't do enough tracking back and pressing I'm pretty sure about that 1. lewis could save Carlos's job the injury situation has clearly forced Carlos's hand .

Does looking up at the sun make you sneeze?