McGugan starts for U-23s

2 minutes ago, JUNNY said:

As a player you have to fight for your place and unfortunatly Lewis has not and has gained about 3 stone, happy taking his wages and Mr C offered  a 1 million pay off to terminate his contract early so he could move on with his career but lewis declined and is happy sit on his arse and earn more seeing his contract out. Only wednesday fans would blame the coach or owner when its actually the player.

How do you know the club offered him a million to terminate his career?  First time I've seen that.

First I've heard of this 1 million quid offer, but then again I don't pretend to be ITK :duntmatter:

PS Wouldn't a one-off payment like that have implications for FFP? 

Edited by Almat

2 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Hope he is on the bench for the Rotherham game

Sounds like they may have to reinforce it if he is WTF:.....especially if he's sharing it with Hoops. lol

Edited by Almat

1 hour ago, ViolaOwls said:

If CC brings him back this is desperation at its best. CC should have given him a shirt number from day one of the season. Not saying he should have played but to freeze a guy out like that then consider bringing him back with a few games left. Give over

No-one on here knows why he was "frozen out" in the first place.

If we did know why my guess is we'd all fully support it

52 minutes ago, JUNNY said:

As a player you have to fight for your place and unfortunatly Lewis has not and has gained about 3 stone, happy taking his wages and Mr C offered  a 1 million pay off to terminate his contract early so he could move on with his career but lewis declined and is happy sit on his arse and earn more seeing his contract out. Only wednesday fans would blame the coach or owner when its actually the player.

As soon as you said he's gained about 3 stone you lost all credibility

1 hour ago, JUNNY said:

Conversely, only Football Fans would blame an employee for not accepting less than they're entitled to.  He has a legally binding contract that was offered on terms agreed by both parties.  I don't like players sitting around picking up a wage, but would I do the same in their position?  Absolutely!!!  This could be the last big contract he'll get so I don't blame him one bit.    

18 minutes ago, steveger said:

Who's/what's your storyteller, source for this ?....

It doesn't sound that far fetched though does it?

He's almost certainly on about £1m per year so offering him £1m in the Summer of 2016 to get shut instead of continuing to pay him £2m over the next two seems like more than a possibility.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

Just now, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

It doesn't sound that far fetched though does it?

He's almost certainly on about £1m per year so offering him £1m in the Summer to get shut instead of continuing to pay him £2m for the next two seems like more than a possibility.

It might not be far fetched but is there any truth in the claim?  Or is it just made up?