McGugan starts for U-23s

Probably reached some sort of agreement with Carlos about how he could fit into midfield .

He can then play a few games, try to look good and get a new club in the Summer.

Could be a win, win situation for both parties.

I do think he could feature in our run in but if he does it could only be due to us continuing our woeful recent form. so hope it doesn't happen :duntmatter: Why DC hasn't stepped in and sorted out The McGugan Debacle I do not know. He can't be an interfering chairman, can he? 

Edited by Almat

1 minute ago, Almat said:

I do think he could feature in our run in but if he does it may be due to us continuing our woeful recent form. :duntmatter: Why DC hasn't stepped in and sorted out The McGugan Debacle I do not know. He can't be an interfering chairman, can he? 

I think DC is quite a hands on Chairman when he's in town. Maybe he fully supports CC's stance on the situation or maybe McGugan's lack of involvement is purely down to McGugan himself.  He has undoubted ability but I believe we're now the 3rd club where McGugan finds himself cold shouldered & out of the managers plans.

If CC brings him back this is desperation at its best. CC should have given him a shirt number from day one of the season. Not saying he should have played but to freeze a guy out like that then consider bringing him back with a few games left. Give over

I think, if we've resorted to playing a traditional 4-4-2 midfielder like David Jones, then why not try Lewis McGugan. 

Hutchinson is useful in a number of positions.

Imagine Hutchinsons work rate & tenacity, next to McGugans forward passing and eye for goal.

Bannan could play out wide, Adam Reach used as a sub, with his direct poweful running.

6 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I think, if we've resorted to playing a traditional 4-4-2 midfielder like David Jones, then why not try Lewis McGugan. 

Imagine Hutchinsons work rate & tenacity, next to McGugans forward passing and eye for goal.

Bannan could play out wide, Adam Reach used as a sub, with his direct poweful running.

Or not at all given he's been bobbar when played out wide. He's a central midfielder pure and simple, the shoe-horning of BB into the team has been a real lowlight of the season so far imo. 

43 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Said a few times, top top managers don't burn bridges with their players.

Well done CC, if he has had a meeting with Lewis.

More likely we need an experienced head in todays game. i Wouldnt read too much into him playing today. 

32 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

Of the midfielders we currently have available I think Hutchinson and McGugan could well be our best combination.  A ball winner (Hutchinson) alongside a creative, goal scoring midfielder (McGugan).