Lower Leppings lane for Home Fans

I remember when we were in the Premier League Trevor Francis said he wanted home fans on all 4 sides of the pitch and we used to have home fans on the lower Leppings Lane end every week.

I'm actually surprised we don't do this more often.

2 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Interesting, seeing as the game doesn't look to be selling particularly well.

We'll probably end up with a few hundred on the lower tier.

With ST holders and the away following, I'd be willing to bet there'll be 28k there for the match.

Not bad for a tea time kick off on Sky.

3 minutes ago, yunga_swfc said:

this make sense & we should do it for all home games imo, just charge same as the kop

Bang on!!

It's about time the club started doing this sort of thing, we need to make playing at home as advantageous as possible and I can't think of a better way than home support on all 4 sides of the ground.

Interesting thing here is that nufc have 3k + in the upper tier. With home fans on the bottom. 

Only times in recent years we have had home fans in bottom tier is when the top tier has been restricted to 2k (top half) ie. Brighton, wolves game. 

How have sag pulled this off?? 

Ps. South stand will still be netted off lol

3 minutes ago, Ben-owl said:

Interesting thing here is that nufc have 3k + in the upper tier. With home fans on the bottom. 

Only times in recent years we have had home fans in bottom tier is when the top tier has been restricted to 2k (top half) ie. Brighton, wolves game. 

I remember in 1994 (I think!!) when we beat the pigs 3-1 and the upper tier was full of pig fans and the lower was full of home fans.

If we could do it then, there's no reason why we can't do it for every game.

5 minutes ago, Ben-owl said:

I've been asking questions, yet to receive a reply so this will be to shut me up. lol

Interesting. First thing Martin O'Neill did at Villa was stop away fans from being in the North lower behind the goal and put them in the corner of the Doug Ellis Stand at the side. 

It makes sense, how off putting must the continuous taunts be from fans for the keepers? I'd rather have the away keeper distracted during both halves from our fans. Can't be a great feeling playing towards an empty Lep Lane lower week in week out!

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I remember in 1994 (I think!!) when we beat the pigs 3-1 and the upper tier was full of pig fans and the lower was full of home fans.

If we could do it then, there's no reason why we can't do it for every game.

I was sat in the lep that day, did Gordon Watson score what I think was the third, my memory is going seem to remember we won 3-1?

Just now, Corneliusreeve said:

I was sat in the lep that day, did Gordon Watson score what I think was the third, my memory is going seem to remember we won 3-1?

Yes, when he scored the third (in his words) he stood there "milking it" in front of the away fans!!lol