Winner takes all

9 minutes ago, torryowl said:

be happy with that .......be even better if hudders or brighton  miss out on automatic on the last day as well.......there would be a right swing in the feel good factor for the play off games   

I think such a scenario would affect Brighton more than "Udders due to the fact Brighton have been in the auto spots pretty much all season, expected to be up there whereas 'Udders have massively over-performed. Should Brighton lose out again they would be there for the taking in the play offs.

When you look at the relative lack of genuine quality in the play off places this season I doubt we will have a better opportunity to get to the PL. Just wish we were playing anything like good enough at the moment to believe...

No, Fulham will come and park the bus with 10 men behind the ball and we don't have a plan b against that system. They will slow the game, time waste and disrupt the flow of the game at every opportunity. This will be horrendous for us to watch and will likely lead to the crowd getting on the teams backs.

The only option i would be comfortable with would be for them to need a win and then come at us.

In the next seven games..

For the result to be irrelevant cos we already guaranteed 6th - we need 3 more points than Fulham

To need a draw - need to match Fulham point for point

To need a win - need 3 points less than Fulham

To not be able to catch Fulham - need 4 points less than Fulham

Football can change like the wind, but right now it's sadly the third and fourth scenarios looking far more likely. Incontenence pants and tranquillisers for the next five weeks.

5 hours ago, new zealand owl said:

Right now, Would you accept being 2 points behind Fulham going into the last game knowing a win would take us into the play offs?

I think a lot of people have underestimated how bad our injurys have been, possibly because on the whole we've managed to replace them with decent players, but now their starting to come back I think we'all see an upturn in form. We'll be reyt for play offs but then it's a lottery and I think we're nailed on for Leeds in semi's

I'd take it.

Given the chances we've had recently to put HUGE daylight between us and the rest of the chasing pack its a bit annoying. The fact that we blew the chance to go 10 points clear if we'd have beaten Brentford makes me die a little inside looking at where we are now.

But any chance you have to get promoted you take it. 

Edited by ramone

3 hours ago, clud17 said:

No, Fulham will come and park the bus with 10 men behind the ball and we don't have a plan b against that system. They will slow the game, time waste and disrupt the flow of the game at every opportunity. This will be horrendous for us to watch and will likely lead to the crowd getting on the teams backs.

The only option i would be comfortable with would be for them to need a win and then come at us.

This .

4 minutes ago, Prendo's boots said:

We've got our best and most important players coming back in...the 2 week break will have done us no end of good and it'll freshen it all up...we'll leather Barnsley n Rotherham!!!

Might need to, a couple of ugly 1-0 wins will do of course but Fulham have us licked if it comes down to goal difference.