Tarn vs T'Owls

16 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't mind Barnsley. A proper Yorkshire club followed by ordinary working people from the local area.

Think Wednesday will edge a close game.

I don't either. Of all the local clubs Barnsley are the ones I don't mind.  I've had some memorable times there too. The Hirst diving header in a night cup game stands out, what a night !  Irvines first game heralding a new era:rolleyes:,  somebody called Andrews scoring for us in a 3-0 win......who the hell was he ? and, of course, when I started the famous "Handball" shout when they were appealing for handball no matter where it actually hit the Wednesday player!

As for Saturday we should win comfortably, but this is Wednesday.

2 hours ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Hope so, we (bunch of 18-23 year old lads) got told it was closed for a wedding last time we went, so we "let ourselves in" through the fire escape at the back. 

Low and behold. Place was full of Wednesday inside, not a wedding in sight. 

Strange that. 

Maybe it wa your stone island tops they didnt like

2 hours ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Hope so, we (bunch of 18-23 year old lads) got told it was closed for a wedding last time we went, so we "let ourselves in" through the fire escape at the back. 

Low and behold. Place was full of Wednesday inside, not a wedding in sight. 

Strange that. 

You obviously can't translate from err "dingle" to "Deedar". They obviously thought you wanted to use the leisure centres facilities.  When they said you "tha carnt goint theer, cos wedding" They actually meant you "can't go in there because Wednesday are in". You should have made it clear you were Wednesday fans wanting a drink and not Dingle Joe Public wanting a swim. ☺

On 27/03/2017 at 09:16, Wednesday_Jack said:

Enjoy it pal...it's just about the only bit of silverware that will grace your shithole!!!

It is a joke Cup hence why clubs are happy to take fines on the chin, when they make full changes to their squads for the games!! 

I did enjoy it. Cheers. 

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Oh god he's back...haven't you got any pigeons to feed or any sisters/girlfriends to stick one of your 6 digits in?? 

Unnecessary.

Whitey may support another club, but he's a decent poster who doesn't just come here to troll. He offers value, and a decent perspective.

Oh, and he beat you to the 6 finger joke - with one that was actually funny.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

31 minutes ago, Neal M said:

Unnecessary.

Whitey may support another club, but he's a decent poster who doesn't just come here to troll. He offers value, and a decent perspective.

Have to agree. Whitey posts some decent stuff . Id rather read his posts than some of our own fans posts. lol

1 hour ago, Neal M said:

Unnecessary.

bore off

5 hours ago, WhiteyBFC said:

I did enjoy it. Cheers. 

Glad you did mate. Suppose it was a bit like us winning the Rumbelows cup in 91, we would have preffered it to have been the FA cup, but it was still a fantastic day for all Owls there and we finally got to see our first trophy in 56 years. Same thing you for you lot I'm guessing, 1st trophy in what 105 years? (Not counting any minor league titles) I'm sure you would have preffered a bigger trophy, but as that is highly unlikely, you take what you can get are thankful for it and thoroughly enjoy it as I'm sure all Barnsley fans did. Still hope you get hammered on Saturday though.

Edited by OWL1969

5 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

Glad you did mate. Suppose it was a bit like us winning the Rumbelows cup in 91, we would have preffered it to have been the FA cup, but it was still a fantastic day for all Owls there and we finally got to see our first trophy in 56 years. Same thing you for you lot I'm guessing, 1st trophy in what 105 years? (Not counting any minor league titles) I'm sure you would have preffered a bigger trophy, but as that is highly unlikely, you take what you can get are thankful for it and thoroughly enjoy it as I'm sure all Barnsley fans did. Still hope you get hammered on Saturday though.

I watched the 91' final with my mates (Wednesdayites). Remember it well. That was back when that competition meant something. 

I've seen us lose a Championship playoff final at Wembley and an FA Cup semi. It's heartbreaking. 

Of course, the JPT wasn't as glamorous. But I still saw us lift a trophy at Wembley. 

I'll be getting hammered after the match on Saturday. lol

1 hour ago, WhiteyBFC said:

I watched the 91' final with my mates (Wednesdayites). Remember it well. That was back when that competition meant something. 

I've seen us lose a Championship playoff final at Wembley and an FA Cup semi. It's heartbreaking. 

Of course, the JPT wasn't as glamorous. But I still saw us lift a trophy at Wembley. 

Im not looking to satdi to be honest. Im always nervous when we play our little neighbours . Very difficult game for us . we must win ,simple as that but your lot will raise their game without a doubt as you would love to stop us getting in the play offs. 

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Im not looking to satdi to be honest. Im always nervous when we play our little neighbours . Very difficult game for us . we must win ,simple as that but your lot will raise their game without a doubt as you would love to stop us getting in the play offs. 

I don't think us beating you would end your hopes. It might dent them a tad. Still another seven games afterwards. And as I've said already, I don't see us winning. People might find it strange but we've actually played just as well as we have all season during this barren run, we've just lacked the end product. Losing three key players killed us it seems. As always. But looking at our fixtures, other than this game and the Newcastle match, I see plenty of winnable games in between. I'd like to see us finish top ten. That would be some first year back up. Something to build upon. 

I expect a feisty affair at the weekend. No love lost between a few of ours and yours after the game at S6, and of course Winnall adds spice to it too.

Guest Dingle.
8 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Oh god he's back...haven't you got any pigeons to feed or any sisters/girlfriends to stick one of your 6 digits in?? 

Ive just been reading about the woman from parsons cross, who chopped off her boyfriends c0ck for cheating on her, the way she did it was amazing, she followed him into cellar and kicked his daughter under the chin. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheffield_incest_case 

Edited by Dingle.

5 hours ago, WhiteyBFC said:

Of course, the JPT wasn't as glamorous. But I still saw us lift a trophy at Wembley with absolutely no chance of dropping it.

2 hours ago, WhiteyBFC said:

I don't think us beating you would end your hopes. It might dent them a tad. Still another seven games afterwards. And as I've said already, I don't see us winning. People might find it strange but we've actually played just as well as we have all season during this barren run, we've just lacked the end product. Losing three key players killed us it seems. As always. But looking at our fixtures, other than this game and the Newcastle match, I see plenty of winnable games in between. I'd like to see us finish top ten. That would be some first year back up. Something to build upon. 

I expect a feisty affair at the weekend. No love lost between a few of ours and yours after the game at S6, and of course Winnall adds spice to it too.

Winnall is bound to receive a hostile reception from your lot , but i wouldnt be surprised to see him score . Its usually the case.