1 Wednesday legend for the run in

If you could choose one player from our history to add to the squad for the final (hopefully 11) games, who would you think would make the biggest difference?

Chosen player would be playing at the absolute height of their powers, fully fit and ready for selection

I'm not asking who you think is our best ever player; rather, who would best fit the circumstances we currently find ourselves in?

Taking into account managers style of play/favoured type of player, squad strengths and weaknesses as well as the limited number of games remaining to make an impact and secure promotion!

UTO

Carlton Palmer.

Excellent if needed at centre half but more importantly outstanding as a holding mid-fielder.

Carlton at this level would be a cut above, he'd protect the back 4, he'd do the work of 3 players and allow the likes of Forestieri, Reach, Wallace, Bannan and Lee (when fit) to bomb forward and support the forwards increasing our goal return too.

Definitely Carlton Palmer.

Guest Deleted member

Incredible. I read the opening post and immediately thought of Carlton - and thought others might not include him.

That just gives you an idea of how valuable he was to us - and how well thought of he still is.

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Carlton Palmer.

Excellent if needed at centre half but more importantly outstanding as a holding mid-fielder.

Carlton at this level would be a cut above, he'd protect the back 4, he'd do the work of 3 players and allow the likes of Forestieri, Reach, Wallace, Bannan and Lee (when fit) to bomb forward and support the forwards increasing our goal return too.

Definitely Carlton Palmer.

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Incredible. I read the opening post and immediately thought of Carlton - and thought others might not include him.

That just gives you an idea of how valuable he was to us - and how well thought of he still is.

What they said.  We'd walk the league with a Carlton Palmer in this team.

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Palmer was my initial thought too

Certainly at the start of the season he'd have been just the sort of player we needed

But with a maximum of 11 games to go would he have enough of an impact on results to be your number 1 choice?

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Is the player as he is now or are we talking hypotheticlly, as in his heydey? because if it's the latter I can't see any of them doing a job, but Di Canio probably keeps himself in shape so i'd go with him. 

15 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Chosen player would be playing at the absolute height of their powers, fully fit and ready for selection