BRIGHTON

Last season for majority of it they were in the top 2 positions an towards then end they slipped into 3rd and missed out on PREM by a few goals 

This season it's possible a similar occurrence happens and they miss out at this point knowing you have to settle for playoffs what does this do to confidence ? 

They played well all season then when it comes down to it they miss out by losing to us would you take playing them again? 

There is too many twists and turns still to come in this season does anyone still get a buzz just generally from a football prospective? 

Once your in playoffs it's a different ball game it's over 2 legs lots of things like confidence comes into play forget previous games they mean nowt IF hooper and the likes of make it back into team it could be the fresh boost we are desperate for and could aid our chances this time!

36 minutes ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

Once your in playoffs it's a different ball game it's over 2 legs lots of things like confidence comes into play forget previous games they mean nowt IF hooper and the likes of make it back into team it could be the fresh boost we are desperate for and could aid our chances this time!

For sure, but we'd have to perform like we've only done on a handful of occasions Our performances have been consistent, consistently indifferent

If they bottle it again (I dont think they will) it'd put Houghton in a very interesting position - he's almost universally regarded as an excellent manager doing a great job, but how many times would anyone be able to hold on in a repeatedly 'close but no cigar' scenario, I wonder?

Has any team ever finished just outside the automatic spots more than 2-3 times in a row? Wonder what's the record for consecutive narrow promotion misses, and how long the gaffer managed to stick around? Would be interested to know.

Edited by Mr. Tom

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

For sure, but we'd have to perform like we've only done on a handful of occasions Our performances have been consistent, consistently indifferent

I agree but we have the quality if we turn up like did vs Newcastle happy days score like in Norwich game anythings possible there is hope there hold onto it 

3 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

I don't think my nerves could handle another game like Brighton away last season.

With you there mate...I was on holiday in Scotland for the second leg.I couldn't watch the second half...I was sat shiverin' necking lager in the garden..

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

With you there mate...I was on holiday in Scotland for the second leg.I couldn't watch the second half...I was sat shiverin' necking lager in the garden..

Probably a better option than watching it in the Brighton end!

Hughton has been in his job 6 months longer than CC, but both have had 2 full seasons. I know which one of them I'd be happier to see in the home dug out at Hillsborough and anyone who doesn't agree is deluded. Never going to happen, of course. 

4 minutes ago, Almat said:

Hughton has been in his job 6 months longer than CC, but both have had 2 full seasons. I know which one of them I'd be happier to see in the home dug out at Hillsborough and anyone who doesn't agree is deluded. Never going to happen, of course. 

Anyone who doesn't agree with what?...You said nowt lol