Is McGugan the answer?

With the injuries to Lee and now Abdi, could McGugan provide that bit of quality and creative spark that we seem to be lacking in midfield? This could be either as part of a three or, as Hutchinson's partner in a two man central midfield.

11 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Yes, but only if the question is: who's never going to play for Wednesday again?

:manager:

such a shame tho with a player of that quality and someone who offers us something a bit different to what we've got.

12 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

With the injuries to Lee and now Abdi, could McGugan provide that bit of quality and creative spark that we seem to be lacking in midfield? This could be either as part of a three or, as Hutchinson's partner in a two man central midfield.

I said this Saturday on a different thread, cc needs to Bury the hatchet, before it maybe does it to him. McGugan was a massive player and match winner for us under SG especially when we were backs to the wall. For me he could be again, needs a chance alongside Hutchinson and with our injuries should be given one. 

2 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

I can't see him playing again under Carlos.

It's a shame because he's got a lot of quality.

It really is. And if Carlos persists with a 4-4-2 maybe Hutch and McGugan would be our best pairing of the players we currently have available. The old ball winner ball player combination.

Just now, shezzas left peg said:

I said this Saturday on a different thread, cc needs to Bury the hatchet, before it maybe does it to him. McGugan was a massive player and match winner for us under SG especially when we were backs to the wall. For me he could be again, needs a chance alongside Hutchinson and with our injuries should be given one. 

Couldn't agree more.

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I wish CC would give him another chance. 

That act in itself could actually help Carlos' future at SWFC too.   Showing anyone can be redeemed and prove themselves.

At the moment Carlos is about to move into borrowed time, he needs an ace up the sleeve.      I just question fitness levels now with McGugan.

Nope - don't you think if it was simply Carlos who had a problem with him someone would have intervened by know if he was the answer? We don't need players in the changing room with bad attitudes could do more harm than good.

1 minute ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

Not going to happen - sadly way too stubborn ..a trait that ultimately doesn't work in football as we are finding out.

We've seen a lot of managers get the boot over being too stubborn down the years... Is it gonna be Cc's downfall your probably right and not just because of LM. 

Guest everydays_wednesday

The only problem with playing him is that it will take him 8 games to get match fit and sharp again it's that long since he actually did anything......criminal really that he has not at least been loaned out even with us paying his wages, or maybe he doesn't want to play and happy to get his wages? If so...also criminal....just saying.

while bannan  can walk onto the pitch mcgugan as no chance .....be interesting though if bannan gets injured to see who carlos would turn to .mcgugan would be the last man standing but I wouldn't be surprised if he played Wallace in the centre

4 minutes ago, everydays_wednesday said:

The only problem with playing him is that it will take him 8 games to get match fit and sharp again it's that long since he actually did anything......criminal really that he has not at least been loaned out even with us paying his wages, or maybe he doesn't want to play and happy to get his wages? If so...also criminal....just saying.

Well if it takes him 8 games to get match fit and flying it's perfect. That would mean we hit the playoffs with a fully fit and in form LM. Perfect 

7 minutes ago, everydays_wednesday said:

On the flip side he should be fresh as a daisy and totally injury freelol

30 minutes ago, everydays_wednesday said:

Is he out of contract this season?