Forced out of Hillsborough

There has been a lot of discussion on here recently about the ridiculous situation regarding segregation and seating allocations at Hillsborough, and rightly so.

South Yorkshire Police and the Safety Advisory Group have run out of excuses to the extent they are now telling outright lies regarding the concourse size in the Leppings Lane end to justify the measures being put in place. The inquest outcome hasn't helped matters admittedly but it's about time what happened in '89 (apart from the remembrance of the people who lost their lives) was consigned to the history books. 

I just wondered whether people think a new stadium would mean a fresh start and the "new Hillsborough" being treated like seemingly ANY other large stadium in the country, or would SYP and SAG continue to treat us like children and hit us with the same restrictions we see now?

Personally I want us to stay at Hillsborough. It's our spiritual home and we saw the possible development opportunities (see World Cup plans) but I don't think I could stand seeing empty sections like the North West Corner, either tier of the away end or the netted off swathes of the South Stand if we get into the Premier League.

28 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

There has been a lot of discussion on here recently about the ridiculous situation regarding segregation and seating allocations at Hillsborough, and rightly so.

South Yorkshire Police and the Safety Advisory Group have run out of excuses to the extent they are now telling outright lies regarding the concourse size in the Leppings Lane end to justify the measures being put in place. The inquest outcome hasn't helped matters admittedly but it's about time what happened in '89 (apart from the remembrance of the people who lost their lives) was consigned to the history books. 

I just wondered whether people think a new stadium would mean a fresh start and the "new Hillsborough" being treated like seemingly ANY other large stadium in the country, or would SYP and SAG continue to treat us like children and hit us with the same restrictions we see now?

Personally I want us to stay at Hillsborough. It's our spiritual home and we saw the possible development opportunities (see World Cup plans) but I don't think I could stand seeing empty sections like the North West Corner, either tier of the away end or the netted off swathes of the South Stand if we get into the Premier League.

I have also thought in the past whether we just assume that SYP/SAG will accept the new stadium or continue to place ridiculous restrictions upon us. 

You have to love the fact that SAG continually screw the club over with their zealous segregation...and yet on Friday night they didn't see fit to have any notable police presence at the Leppings Lane end following the final whistle. 

44 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Is that verifiable or just your opinion?

If it's the first then the public officials involved are likely to be committing a criminal offence!

The only way we can confront sag is for the club to confront sag in the media. Put them to task, embarrass and humiliate them like they are the integrity of the fans. Only that way will we get real answers as to what is an embarrassment to the club. The over kill is shocking. Newcastle have caused a little fuss, but it needs to be closer at home

Just now, cactus said:

Is that verifiable or just your opinion?

If it's the first then the public officials involved are likely to be committing a criminal offence!

There was a "justification" for the allocation in the Leps Lane being restricted because of the concourse size...how can that possibly be true when there have been numerous games over the past few years that have had a full allocation?!

I'd love to prove it but, even then, I doubt there would be any action!

We need to knock down the away end and build a stand which can accommodate different numbers of supporters dependant on demand from home/away fans.

I guess it will need access and exit routes to be accommodating as possible given the paranoia from SYP/SAG. We did manage to build a bridge away from the South Stand. Might need that type of access extended where West/Sound stands meet currently.

Even with a new stand its hard to see how we will ever use to its full capacity given the level of risk aversion we currently see.

1 hour ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

The problem isn't the stadium. 

The problem is we have the worst police force in the country.