Rhodes

What are peoples thoughts on him so far. I've personally been a bit disappointed for what we were expecting, didn't expect a goal a game but just the 3 goals so far. 

He doesn't seem to quite have his Blackburn/Huddersfield sharpness yet, looks a good threat in the air but I've been disappointed in him with shots on the ground and seems to have lost a little of his pace.

We know he won't contribute loads in open play so it's about goals for Jordan. Hopefully it's taking him time to build an understanding with teammates, I do feel he could go on a scoring run once he really gets going.

Do we think he'll be worth the cost for next season?

The Norwich match showed if we give him good service he will score. 3 of our goals in that match were headers. I can't say I'm disappointed with him so far because he's not getting very good service as things stand. Although, I wanted to slap him after that Miss against Burton. 

Think he has done OK so far, he is good in the air and has proved he can take chances already. The trouble is we haven't created enough chances for our strikers all season. Noticed on Friday night his running action is ungainly and like you said he does seem one-paced. 

Think he he is the best striker at the club, if he gets chances I think he will convert a high ratio of them.

With a full pre season I'd hope we'd configure our style of play and get the midfielders playing to the strengths of the strikers we have. That might involve new midfielders or whatever. Anyway I reckon we'll really see the benefit of him next season. Imagine starting the season with Nuhiu and Chris Maguire as your options!

15 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

I'll reserve judgement till he plays with FF on the left , Matias on the right , and Hooper up front with him.

Be no time soon then bud, Im beginning to think matias is made out of loo roll and stuck together with prit-sticks. lol may be a bit harsh, but I'm coming to the conclusion he's the love child of Darren Anderton and Scott Oakes If you remember him. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

Guest RocketOwl

Do we all agree Fletcher has been poor this season on the whole?

Can someone please explain how Rhodes is doing any better? 

My expectations weren't that high to start with, mainly because of how we play. He's ended up being our target man, which is a bit of a waste. If that's what we wanted, we could have got a lot better, and probably a lot cheaper

Shocking service and tactics since he joined.

If ever there was a striker with an unquestionable scoring record in the Championship, it's Jordan.

He joined us keen, and ready to fire us to a comfortable play off spot.

Carlos should be embarrassed.

1 minute ago, RocketOwl said:

Do we all agree Fletcher has been poor this season on the whole?

Can someone please explain how Rhodes is doing any better? 

Fletcher is an upgrade on Nuhiu, not a big upgrade. But an upgrade. 

Rhodes hasn't played all season before he came to us and had scored 3 in 9. I know two came in the same match but that's still a ratio of 1 in 3

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

Shocking service and tactics since he joined.

If ever there was a striker with an unquestionable scoring record in the Championship, it's Jordan.

He joined us keen, and ready to fire us to a comfortable play off spot.

Carlos should be embarrassed.

Spot on.