The Cult of Megson

2 minutes ago, Thewaynesday said:

Except getting is the play offs for the most of this season with the core out injuried ... never mind the play off final ... but yeah he is crap , let's get meggo back yeah ? The dude who failed at league one yet you think he is better than Carlos ......

Depends on your definition of failure. Look at the team he inherited compared to the team he left. A massive improvement. To me that is the definition of success not failure.

4 minutes ago, Thewaynesday said:

Except getting is the play offs for the most of this season with the core out injuried ... never mind the play off final ... but yeah he is crap , let's get meggo back yeah ? The dude who failed at league one yet you think he is better than Carlos ......

The core of the team have only been injured for 1 game tho!

5 minutes ago, Thewaynesday said:

The core haven't been out injured most of the season, hell if he was a good manager the core wouldn't be the core because he'd have his big money summer signings playing well like Abdi and Jones. What about the playoff final? he spent 10m last season and just snuck in, that is par for me. Megson is a quick and easy option until the end of the season.

3 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

On the flip side I can't see DC interfering with on field football matters in the first place. Had DC been chairman at the time the situation would probably never have arose.

You may have a point there I suppose we'll never know.

I had a liking for megson I'd love to see him alter his behaviour slightly along with reducing his ego and coming back into football and doing the job he's capable of.

If we're going that way how bout giving Shezza a call, with an experienced director of footie. He's done a solid enough job in the lowers with no cash and a severe lack of quality with bottom of the table sides, maybe able to take us forward with a good set of players at his disposal, never been given a chance?? 

Edited by shezzas left peg

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

A man that can get quick results, bleeds blue and white, ready and waiting. The only problem is does DC know who he is? garymegson

youve been on cc"s back all season cos you want megson? Bloody hell ellis!

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

When things are bad, thinking back to Megson makes me remember things could be worse. How I long to lose to chesterfield and Exeter all over gain ! 

Losing to Cambridge and at Burton Albion this season with players who cost millions and are paid far more than any of

Megsons players were was painful.

F**k me , NO !!!!!!

Who in their right mind would suggest that Megson would be a good replacement. If he was that good, he would have been working for the last few years in a managerial role. He is a relic, and God only knows how many players get would alienate with his confrontational style.

As in Dragons Den, it's a definite no from me.

34 minutes ago, outlaw pete said:

Losing to Cambridge and at Burton Albion this season with players who cost millions and are paid far more than any of

Megsons players were was painful.

I'm sure as hell not in the happy clappy Carlos brigade, quite the opposite. I sure as hell don't want him replacing with a relic who's considerably worse though. There is a reason nobody in the entire league will touch the self obsessed bore 

2 minutes ago, james o connor said:

I'm sure as hell not in the happy clappy Carlos brigade, quite the opposite. I sure as hell don't want him replacing with a relic who's considerably worse though. There is a reason nobody in the entire league will touch the self obsessed bore 

On the subject of Megson we will have to agree to differ, but thats ok football is all about opinions..

Guest timrud

The fact nobody wants to touch him, some 5 years later, tells you all you need to know.

Awful manager - it is a no from me.