Harder than we think

As the results keep showing us, this league is much harder than a lot of people give it credit. I am in no way defending last night performance as it was poor but it looks like most other teams are having the same inconsistency problems as us.

As for the Carlos situation I personally think that he should be in charge until at least the end of the season, but if we don't get promoted then I think he'll struggle to keep his job as Chansiri and the fans will demand a much better return for their hard earned cash. I can't believe that I'm actually saying this, as the football that we played last season was so exiting and so far from anything that we've witnessed for years that I wouldn't have had a bad word said against him.  This season has been miles away from that and even though we've been in and around the top six all season the football hasn't exited us the same.

I'm by no means a 'happy clapper', but I am an optimist. Hopefully the international break will do us a favour and give us chance to get some first team players back in the starting 11 as the 11 that started last night didn't have what we need for the big push ahead. 

We battered Reading last night, how can that be a bad performance? I don't know what some people expect. We had loads of chances and their goalkeeper was man of the match that says it all.

Forget the second goal because that's what happens when your luck is out. The only bad thing about last night was leaving their right winger unmarked until their goal, yes that was bad. Most of everything else was fine. Yes they looked flashy with a box full of tricks but we were the better team for the most part. Getting down the outside for once and getting good crosses in.

You are however right that this league is tough, cruel and unpredictable.

I have watched Wednesday since 1958 through the thick and thin (except when work took me away for years at a time.) and though this team is well short of the best that I have seen, it is good enough to get promoted once fully developed. That may be next season or a season or more after that but as long as the investment is there its only a matter of time.

It may take a change of head coach, it may not, but only DC can decide that. It can't do anybody any good being negative about the current coaching team.

Edited by mark1948

What if it's DC that has told CC to be more defensive minded this season? After all he explained and showed what his personal preference was last season. 

Bottom line is only DC and CC know, only DC can/will decide what happens to CC.

Until and unless anything changes then give CC and the team all your support. 

WAWAW

Lot of fans mainly the younger ones who think if you spend money then success follows. Reality shows different. This is the hardest league in Europe, people need to realise that. We are in the top six because we deserve to be, if we finish in the playoffs we can certainly win it. It's a rollercoaster ride.

4 hours ago, Thewaynesday said:

Don't be daft. We finished 3rd technically last year so and have spent a fair few million, teams should be letting us win. .... that's how some folk on here seem to think ... lol 

How do you work out that we finished 3rd "technically" last year?

5 hours ago, Key said:

What if it's DC that has told CC to be more defensive minded this season? After all he explained and showed what his personal preference was last season. 

Bottom line is only DC and CC know, only DC can/will decide what happens to CC.

Until and unless anything changes then give CC and the team all your support. 

WAWAW

Unlikely imo. Several happenings point to DC not being the interfering type of chairman, one of the most telling being allowing CC to freeze out a player who is costing a reported 750k a year in wages because they seem to have had a difference of opinion...

Edited by Almat

It's all to do with management and recruitment 

How have Brighton done with the added expectation this year? Oh yeah they identified their weaknesses, addressed them (for a fraction of the money we've spent) and f*****g smashed it this season

1 hour ago, Stoop said:

How have Brighton done with the added expectation this year? Oh yeah they identified their weaknesses, addressed them (for a fraction of the money we've spent) and f*****g smashed it this season

This

6 hours ago, Stoop said:

Exactly they haven't just chucked money at basically any player that was available like us. There is no plan , no thought behind our recruitment. We have a very bloated squad yet still lack pace and enough defensive cover. 

13 hours ago, Gary's Banister said:

As the results keep showing us, this league is much harder than a lot of people give it credit. I am in no way defending last night performance as it was poor but it looks like most other teams are having the same inconsistency problems as us.

As for the Carlos situation I personally think that he should be in charge until at least the end of the season, but if we don't get promoted then I think he'll struggle to keep his job as Chansiri and the fans will demand a much better return for their hard earned cash. I can't believe that I'm actually saying this, as the football that we played last season was so exiting and so far from anything that we've witnessed for years that I wouldn't have had a bad word said against him.  This season has been miles away from that and even though we've been in and around the top six all season the football hasn't exited us the same.

I'm by no means a 'happy clapper', but I am an optimist. Hopefully the international break will do us a favour and give us chance to get some first team players back in the starting 11 as the 11 that started last night didn't have what we need for the big push ahead. 

The reason why we're not playing as we did last season, even though we have better players, is because our opponents have sussed out how to play us. Getting injured players back won't make a significant difference. That's why we need a change in an attempt to save the season, someone who will have different tactics to confound our opponents.

13 hours ago, mark1948 said:

We battered Reading last night, how can that be a bad performance? I don't know what some people expect. We had loads of chances and their goalkeeper was man of the match that says it all.

Forget the second goal because that's what happens when your luck is out. The only bad thing about last night was leaving their right winger unmarked until their goal, yes that was bad. Most of everything else was fine. Yes they looked flashy with a box full of tricks but we were the better team for the most part. Getting down the outside for once and getting good crosses in.

You are however right that this league is tough, cruel and unpredictable.

I have watched Wednesday since 1958 through the thick and thin (except when work took me away for years at a time.) and though this team is well short of the best that I have seen, it is good enough to get promoted once fully developed. That may be next season or a season or more after that but as long as the investment is there its only a matter of time.

It may take a change of head coach, it may not, but only DC can decide that. It can't do anybody any good being negative about the current coaching team.

Battered Reading????

How many times did we get behind Readings back 4?

How many times did we break with speed?

4 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Battered Reading????

How many times did we get behind Readings back 4?

How many times did we break with speed?

Shots               Owls 22 Reading 10

On target         Owls   9 Reading   4 take away the second goal then its 3

Corners           Owls 11 Reading   3

As far as getting behind them I can't say but I dare say you can't either, because neither of us kept stats whilst watching. But I do know that Reach put in a number of quality crosses from the left and we got to the bye line quite often on the right too.

Edited by mark1948