Full Squad, All Fit, Full Pre-Season

36 minutes ago, heppers said:

I think with the squad we have, all fit and a full pre season with everyone in place next year could be our year.

We'd need to change the way we play, or we will have the same collection of players, that cannot be formed into a winning side

3 minutes ago, heppers said:

I think with the squad we have, all fit and a full pre season with everyone in place next year could be our year.

A full squad this season and it could have been our year. 

Not that I'm writing us off just yet. 

Edited by bradowl

Just now, David1867 said:

I don't think Iv seen anyone doubting the quality of our squad. 

Agreed but we had new signings in the summer and January.

With a full preseason with a stable squad we could smash it.

footballing wise our CBs arent good enough

Our RBs cant take on a man and cross a ball

Our CMs cant drive forward and pass a ball towards goal

Our own wingers cant take on a man and deliver a decent cross

Our target men cant head a ball into the net

The championship has move on and we are getting left behind

next season we will have Norwich,villa,losing playoff teams and 3 premier league relegated teams to compete against

this season Is rare with no parachute teams in the playoffs ,a perfect opportunity to go up.but we are making a reyt meal of it.

now relying on teams messing up for us to have a chance

2 minutes ago, modboy said:

footballing wise our CBs arent good enough

Our RBs cant take on a man and cross a ball

Our CMs cant drive forward and pass a ball towards goal

Our own wingers cant take on a man and deliver a decent cross

Our target men cant head a ball into the net

Bloody hell - we're doing brilliantly to be in 6th then, by the sound of that!

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Bloody hell - we're doing brilliantly to be in 6th then, by the sound of that!

its true though, without FF we are clueless, a one man team almost

Every other team has a CB who can pick out a forward pass

Bannan yesterday summed up his season

Never rated Hunt

Fletcher has been a disastrous signing 

Reach looked better in the middle

That #23 of theirs last night was exactly what we need. Get the ball, turn, attack

Just now, modboy said:

its true though, without FF we are clueless, a one man team almost

Every other team has a CB who can pick out a forward pass

Bannan yesterday summed up his season

Never rated Hunt

Fletcher has been a disastrous signing 

Reach looked better in the middle

That #23 of theirs last night was exactly what we need. Get the ball, turn, attack

Do you reckon we're punching above our weight given the lack of quality you see in our squad, then?

9 minutes ago, modboy said:

???????

Until this season (perhaps) we have improved our position every season since returning to the Championship and finished the sequence with a play-off final at Wembley. This season (if indeed it does happen) will be the first and only occasion going backwards.

Please explain to me how that can be defined as "getting left behind"?

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Do you reckon we're punching above our weight given the lack of quality you see in our squad, then?

no i think we are group of individuals rather than a team who now and again have produced moments of magic rather than sustained quality

7 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

???????

Until this season (perhaps) we have improved our position every season since returning to the Championship and finished the sequence with a play-off final at Wembley. This season (if indeed it does happen) will be the first and only occasion going backwards.

Please explain to me how that can be defined as "getting left behind"?

most teams have come to hillsborough and played the way we played last year, fast attacking football. The amount of money spent is scary in the Championship. 

We have collected on paper amazing players but we didnt strengthen where needed most ie the spine of the team especially a decent grab it by throat CM that was so obviously needed after Hull

Just now, modboy said:

no i think we are group of individuals rather than a team who now and again have produced moments of magic rather than sustained quality

most teams have come to hillsborough and played the way we played last year, fast attacking football. The amount of money spent is scary in the Championship. 

We have collected on paper amazing players but we didnt strengthen where needed most ie the spine of the team especially a decent grab it by throat CM that was so obviously needed after Hull

Oh, OK I've got you. Getting left behind is signing an amazing bunch of players albeit not the correct ones or used in the right way. I don't think we've got left behind. I think we've been held back which is another thing entirely.

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

Oh, OK I've got you. Getting left behind is signing an amazing bunch of players albeit not the correct ones or used in the right way. I don't think we've got left behind. I think we've been held back which is another thing entirely.

probably the wrong phrase i used. I just meant that the quality higher. Even "rubbish" teams have come to S6 this season and looked better than us

Problem is as has been said before is teams like Villa and Derby will sort themselves out next year, plus the 3 relegated teams, and the teams currently in the top 8. It gets harder and more expensive every season