Wait till the end of season

Before we make a decision on Carlos' future. The fact is bringing a new manager in with 8 games left isn't going to help, especially due to the lack of realistic replacements. Those calling for his head need to realise that despite the poor results we might as well get behind him. Miss out on the plays offs... thats when we need need to make a decision.

Edited by markjr2401

Is a lose / lose situation now which sounds daft I know, but -

• If we scrape into the play offs and lose the season will be seen as a bit of a failure 

• if we miss out on play offs, again, seasons gone not as planned 

• if by some miracle we manage to get promoted, we simply are not ready and with CC in charge, we certainly are not capable of competing with premiership teams on a weekly basis, it will end up an embarrassement.

The position we are in, is not the main gripe I have, it's the style of football we are playing which is poor at best.

We are 6th due to a group of very good players underachieving.

id say let CC see the season out without much pressure and start again in summer. Wherever we may be.

Edited by Mac_77

I guess it depends upon whether Chansiri has been looking behind the scenes, and that's something we can't know. If he has, and there's a viable alternative, then the change should be made. What's the point just playing out the season and then dismissing Carlos? We've got good players, at least as good as those of the other teams in the play-offs. A new man brings new tactics to confound the opposition, and usually has a honeymoon period anyway. If there's an alternative, then it would be extremely wasteful to keep Carlos.

I don't think making a change now would make any kind of impact but unfortunately it does look like Carlos has run out of ideas and for the first time I thought he looked lost on the touchline as perhaps he realises his time with Wednesday doesn't have much left to run.

You can go on about our performance tonight until the cows come home but we got our pants well and truly pulled down. Al Habsi in particular was world class tonight particularly in the time wasting department :rolleyes:

I've got no idea who'll replace Carlos but I would be surprised if it's any of the names already mentioned?

Some are convinced that a new manager would see us playing like Barcelona, we've done the managerial merry go round and it hardly ever worked. The problems I see are

too many injuries

lack of confidence

sitting back and letting teams play

hardly ever getting a foot in when Hutch isn't playing

54 shots on goal in the last 3 games, 1 goal. Says it all

Carlos isn't entirely to blame here, but a manager needs to be a motivator and it's when things aren't going well we will see how good he is

2 hours ago, markjr2401 said:

Before we make a decision on Carlos' future. The fact is bringing a new manager in with 8 games left isn't going to help, especially due to the lack of realistic replacements. Those calling for his head need to realise that despite the poor results we might as well get behind him. Miss out on the plays offs... thats when we need need to make a decision.

But we don't know if there are no realistic replacements. Who's heard of Carlos or Wenger? We've won one in the last six. New managers who take on teams fighting relegation usually do better than that, and at least they're an unknown quantity.

1 hour ago, Mac_77 said:

Is a lose / lose situation now which sounds daft I know, but -

• If we scrape into the play offs and lose the season will be seen as a bit of a failure 

• if we miss out on play offs, again, seasons gone not as planned 

• if by some miracle we manage to get promoted, we simply are not ready and with CC in charge, we certainly are not capable of competing with premiership teams on a weekly basis, it will end up an embarrassement.

The position we are in, is not the main gripe I have, it's the style of football we are playing which is poor at best.

We are 6th due to a group of very good players underachieving.

id say let CC see the season out without much pressure and start again in summer. Wherever we may be.

That's like saying that we're not going to stop the leak until it's brought the ceiling down. Once you arrive at the decision that Carlos isn't going to take us up this season...and you'd have to be extremely optimistic to think otherwise...then you're just killing time and playing out the season. Why not make a change and at least have a go? We've got the players to beat the other three play-off teams, so what's to lose?

For me, Carlos is done now, so why stay the execution? It's illogical. If Mandaric had not had the courage to make a change, then we might not be in this position in the first place, and the Blades might not have spent all these years in the Third.

2 hours ago, markjr2401 said:

Didnt do us any harm when Megson got the bullet

It looks like it's merely a question of timing.

Chansiri could wait it out for Carlos to lift the players and get the points we need. He could act now but then it could end up being a panic/quick fix type of appointment which could backfire or he might wait it out till the summer to give himself more time to find the right man. Whatever happens hopefully things change on the pitch for the better, and results and performances pick up.

4 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

That's like saying that we're not going to stop the leak until it's brought the ceiling down. Once you arrive at the decision that Carlos isn't going to take us up this season...and you'd have to be extremely optimistic to think otherwise...then you're just killing time and playing out the season. Why not make a change and at least have a go? We've got the players to beat the other three play-off teams, so what's to lose?

For me, Carlos is done now, so why stay the execution? It's illogical. If Mandaric had not had the courage to make a change, then we might not be in this position in the first place, and the Blades might not have spent all these years in the Third.

Make the change to who then? There isn't anyone out of a job that is proven in this situation and even those who have experience in it have similar experiences of abject failure. We have an international break now to take stock, reassess and hopefully get injured players back. Better doing that than bringing in a new coach, ripping everything up and starting again which would likely see us slide down because there isn't enough time to bed in. The end of the season will bring our decision one way or another. Carlos has arrested drops in form before, it is not outside of the realms of possibility. If he fails to do so again, he will leave the club; if he succeeds and we win promotion I imagine all will be forgiven provided a few centre backs arrive at S6 in summer.

Let's right this season off (I'll be more than happy if we don't need to), hopefully Mr C will bring in a new manager with a few games left for him to "get up to speed" and hopefully give us a good start to next season.

The king is dead, long live the king...

Bring on the new coronation..