Willing to pay £100 for 2 Barnsley tickets

Here we go with same the age old argument.

So....

I've just bought a car for £7200 that I'm really happy with (hence the reason I bought it).

I don't want to sell for it for £7200 because that's what I've just paid for it, I'm really looking forward to driving it and it's worth at least £8000 to me.

Then someone comes along and offers me £10000 which means I can replace it and take my family on holiday into the bargain.

He's happy, I'm happy.

Can I proceed with a clear conscience as long as he doesn't support the same team as me?

Discuss......

3 minutes ago, swfc261279 said:

Here we go with same the age old argument.

So....

I've just bought a car for £7200 that I'm really happy with (hence the reason I bought it).

I don't want to sell for it for £7200 because that's what I've just paid for it, I'm really looking forward to driving it and it's worth at least £8000 to me.

Then someone comes along and offers me £10000 which means I can replace it and take my family on holiday into the bargain.

He's happy, I'm happy.

Can I proceed with a clear conscience as long as he doesn't support the same team as me?

Discuss......

maybe it's my scruples, the way ive been brought up.. who knows

i wouldn't rip a fellow wednesday fan off

maybe i'm in the minority

If a tout has bought a ticket with the intention of selling for a profit that's wrong - that can't happen at SWFC now due to TPPs so no issues there.

If a SWFC fan can't get to a match for whatever unforeseen reason they should sell for face value (or ideally return to the club - there's always a waiting list for sold out games).

If a SWFC fan wants to go to a game but someone is happy to offer him silly money for the ticket then it's up to him.

Those advertising tickets should only EVER ask for face value.

Those ASKING for tickets can offer what they want..

It really is that simple.

If someone had been happy to offer me £100,000 for my play off final ticket I would have sold it him - but not for a penny less!

I really can't see where the issue is.....

9 minutes ago, swfc261279 said:

If a tout has bought a ticket with the intention of selling for a profit that's wrong - that can't happen at SWFC now due to TPPs so no issues there.

If a SWFC fan can't get to a match for whatever unforeseen reason they should sell for face value (or ideally return to the club - there's always a waiting list for sold out games).

If a SWFC fan wants to go to a game but someone is happy to offer him silly money for the ticket then it's up to him.

If someone had been happy to offer me £100,000 for my play off final ticket I would have sold it him - but not for a penny less!

Face value only,  regardless imo

I just really want to go. That's all. No one is wrong here. My father is in hospital and knows we missed out. I just want to tell him we're going. If that means a few quid extra then sobeit. I'm willing to pay the cash and if someone comes along wanting to sell to me then great. If not i will be taking a whole bunch of nightnurse on the Friday night so I don't wake up until 2pm

2 hours ago, Lee Davies said:

I just really want to go. That's all. No one is wrong here. My father is in hospital and knows we missed out. I just want to tell him we're going. If that means a few quid extra then sobeit. I'm willing to pay the cash and if someone comes along wanting to sell to me then great. If not i will be taking a whole bunch of nightnurse on the Friday night so I don't wake up until 2pm

Have you got a heavy cold lined up for then ? 

13 hours ago, swfc261279 said:

This I agree is a slightly different argument and I understand as I didn't dream of missing play off final but if somebody offered 100k so I could pay my flat off, Debt off and buy a new car then id have sold it and watched on TV.

PM sent Lee.

Away s/t holders and gutted that we've got a wedding that day. Obviosuly to sell for face value only.

My two pennies is that its fine for someone to offer more than face, but would be wrong for anyone to take it,

Edited by sturutter

55 minutes ago, sturutter said:

PM sent Lee.

Away s/t holders and gutted that we've got a wedding that day. Obviosuly to sell for face value only.

My two pennies is that its fine for someone to offer more than face, but would be wrong for anyone to take it,

If that's to sell two tickets then that's just wrong. They're other people who posted earlier than this guy who are wanting tickets. Myself included. 

Edited by Daveabuk

1 hour ago, sturutter said:

PM sent Lee.

not really because then they think I'll just go myself  and the person wanting the tix misses outeven though they were happy to pay

21 minutes ago, Daveabuk said:

If that's to sell two tickets then that's just wrong. They're other people who posted earlier than this guy who are wanting tickets. Myself included. 

In which case Ive messed up and I apologise. Have never had to sell before, just saw what I thought was the only thread and sent him a message. I guess he's got lucky that the debate around the offer has pushed his topic up the board.

I'll give him til end of Wednesday, at which point I'll assume he doesn't want them if he hasn't replied to me, and then I will find the first in the queue.

1 hour ago, Daveabuk said:

What do you want him to do, go scrolling through loads of posts and check the times on them all?