sheffield centric.

Having a beer in The Anchor in Digbeth yesterday pre match.

Got talking to a part time blue nose who compared us and utd in his words 

to the Villa Brum relationship.

Very dubious.

Utd, like brum, in his words are the team of the city

and the owls, like Villa are bigger but a lot of the support is from

out of the city.

?????

I'm one of them, from Doncaster. There's a few of us here. Plus I know quite a few from Rotherham and Huddersfield. I think Wednesday definitely have a lot more fans from outside the city than United do. Not sure how the city numbers would compare. I only know one Blades fan who doesn't live in Sheffield. 

It's like me people from hillsborough thinking where I live is a blades area, mosborough.

erm no it's not, plenty of owls here. In fact my year at junior school only had one pig. The mix is about 50/50, but what's the mix in north Sheffield. 

My Bro lived in brum. He always said football fans were villa fans and blues fans were ar**holes. So in that respect he has a little point comparing us to villa and them that lot

Edited by ViolaOwls

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

There may be something in this..few people talk about united outside the manor, gleadless, handsworth and woodseats..and nobody speaks about them outside sheffield.

Whilst we have fans that travel hundreds of miles to see the owls.

so not the 'city'

How would a Villa fan know how Sheffield is split fan-wise unless he lived there a long long time.

This seems to be something the Blades always say - "we are Sheffield's team" - and I am wondering whether this thread is a wind-up attempt by a potential blade (12 posts and -52).

And no, I don't agree, Wednesday have more fans inside and outside the city ;)

Edited by bluemagic

Probably due to the fact that Wednesday's fans are more intelligent than our porcine friends and some of those will have moved to universities outside of the city and stayed where they studied. Pigs like to wallow and generally root  around in the poo which is readily available at Bramall lane.