Just got back

Red card killed the game. Villa were wide open every time we went forward but poor decision making in final third. 

Suprised how how poor Villa were. You can see why they've lingered round the bottom third for most of the season. 

Next season they'll be a different proposition 

10 minutes ago, General_Grievous said:

Tried hard but toothless. Can't think of a chance or shot on target. Perhaps Winnall first half. 

Three key decisions -

red card - correct

pen - deffo

2nd goal - onside

Team should show same passion of fans like you, unfortunately they have no balls, grit, determination, too many softies on big wages taking advantage, sure Mr chansiri will be taking note

We played ok until the sending off

Ignoring all the marginal decisions it was the same old story. I am fed up writing it.

Better side, had some chances which we failed to take and lose a goal to a set piece. Deja vu all over again.

Frustrating afternoon again.

Same old same old and you could sense the frustration and disappointment amongst the fans, not often you ever see people sat down Away from home or leaving early but loads today.

Slowly but surely the underachiement and frustration is grinding people down.

Couldnt wait for full-time and to get back home.

39 minutes ago, General_Grievous said:

Tried hard but toothless. Can't think of a chance or shot on target. Perhaps Winnall first half. 

Three key decisions -

red card - correct

pen - deffo

2nd goal - onside

Can't think of a chance?

Winnall had 2 decent chances.

Wallace had a good chance.

You are correct on the 3 key decisions.

I honestly thought we were still the better team. First 25 we were good.

Circumstances just weren't with us today. Simple

57 minutes ago, General_Grievous said:

Three key decisions -

red card - correct

pen - deffo

2nd goal - onside

54 minutes ago, General_Grievous said:

Probably give motm to Fox. Looked solid

spot on fella. when loovens went off we should have played 3 at back instead of semi. was like going down to 9 men

1 hour ago, General_Grievous said:

Three key decisions -

red card - correct

pen - deffo

2nd goal - onside

Just as I saw it; Sasso's lunge was as inexplicable as CC's reaction.

2 hours ago, oldishowl said:

We played ok until the sending off

Ignoring all the marginal decisions it was the same old story. I am fed up writing it.

Better side, had some chances which we failed to take and lose a goal to a set piece. Deja vu all over again.

Also been.  Can't argue with that.  Would add too pedestrian and lightweight in midfield.  £5 million winger who can't beat a man or regularly get a cross in.  

And another thing, and maybe I'm over sensitive on the back of a déjà vue away day, but when Bullen comes over at the end whooping his arms come on style to the fans, I can't help but feel I'd rather have him whooping a few haymakers around in the dressing room.  Away from home as an entire team we really do need to grow a pair.

2 hours ago, TheLastSleepingGiant said:

Frustrating afternoon again.

Same old same old and you could sense the frustration and disappointment amongst the fans, not often you ever see people sat down Away from home or leaving early but loads today.

Slowly but surely the underachiement and frustration is grinding people down.

Couldnt wait for full-time and to get back home.

Wow, if that is true (and I've no reason to doubt you) that really says something...

Winnall should've done better from a Rhodes knock down about 25 yards out, but by no means an easy chance. 

Again Winnall had another chance when Reach slid him in, although the pass was slightly over hit and caused Winnall to have to stretch for it. 

Wallace had a great chance to just side foot it in to the corner but went for power. 

Three good chances (in addition to the disallowed goal) first half to get our nose in front and we simply didn't do enough with them. They took their chance first half and we found ourselves a goal down against the run of play. 

Second half was was a struggle after the red card, but again we created a couple of decent chances. Winnall again should've done better but just poked it wide and Rhodes should have worked the keeper from Fletcher's flick on. 

We created enough in the game to win it and on another day would've taken one of those early chances and it'd have been a different game.

Things weren't working and when you look at the bench we had Fletcher, Nuhiu and Buckley as attacking options - hardly game changers. We need our key men back quickly before we lose too much ground. 

Edited by lloydswfc

Villa were just total tosh,no wonder there where they are.....we played right into their hands,same old really,we lacked conviction and didnt gamble while we were ontop by getting bodies in the box.

Sasso lunged high so it had to be red,but we should have had a pen for holding,thought the ref was crap for both sides to be honest he had a shocker.

Unlucky we had a bad day today could have taken a point,maybe should have.