Aston Villa vs The Owls. Official Matchday Thread.

wz1omnF.png          BJyDHtd.png                  

Villa Park

15:00 Saturday, 07 March 2017

TODAY’S OPPOSITES

Aston Villa are well famous and have won loads of cups and that. Mostly due to also being Burnley and West Ham. In the olden days, they were financed by the owner of Britains first ever Birmingham based fried chicken takeaway. Here is a picture of the FA Cup winning team from 1905.

lsTMCtT.jpg

In 1980, Col. Sanders died of being an old man and the club had to be sold to pay for his extravagant funeral. In came a certain Mr Lerner, owner of the Cleveland Hash Browns - apart from the influx of cash, this ensured there were some funny looking American style chips to go with the chicken. Unfortunately, Lerner’s pledge to bring in Chuck Norris as a striker never came to fruition and he was forced out by the baying mob. Bankrupt and destitute, he turned into a ghost shortly afterwards.

xf5ig4S.jpg

Villa were now also in serious financial difficulties and ended up being sold for 65p to a bloke known only as “Chinese Tony”. In an attempt to rebuild and cut costs, the players were told there would be no more fried chicken or spliffs and they were getting plain instant noodles instead. Unsurprisingly, Villa had their worse season of all time. Accumulating just 7 points, they were relegated to the Championship.

And that’s how we come to be playing them today!

MATCHDAY THINGS

Official Matchday Pie: Chicken Balti

Official Matchday Drink: Whatever sort of beer they drink in the Midlands. 16 pints of that.

Official Matchday Song: Treasure by Sounds From The Ground…

Aston Villa will be missing a number of players but right-back Alan Hutton (knee) could return.

Midfielders Jack Grealish, Birkir Bjarnason and Andre Green all remain out with knee injuries.

Sheffield Wednesday midfielders Sam Hutchinson, Almen Abdi, Ross Wallace and Callum McManaman all face fitness tests. Striker Steven Fletcher could come back into the first 11 after coming off the bench in the draw with Burton.

wwUy8Dh.pngHead To HeadV1LHByE.png

▪    After a run of nine games without a win, Steve Bruce's side have won three of their last four Championship games, although they did lose narrowly in midweek at Huddersfield.

▪    Sheffield Wednesday won on their last trip to Villa Park in November 2001 - a 1-0 League Cup fourth-round win after a goal by Efan Ekoku.

▪    Ross Wallace has scored in his last two Championship games for the Owls - the last time he scored in three consecutive league games was with Burnley in November 2011.

▪    Jonathan Kodjia has scored 37% of Aston Villa's league goals this season (13 out of 35). Only Leeds' Chris Wood (44%) and Bristol City's Tammy Abraham (40%) have scored a higher percentage for their club.

▪    The Owls have scored in 31 of their 36 league games this season, the highest percentage in the division (86%).

PqHW69M.png

KING CARLOS’ PEARLS OF WISDOM

“It will be a difficult game. Before the last game they won three in a row. Playing at Villa Park is a big motivation for the players and managers and we know all the time that Villa are a tough team. They are a massive club that are not in a good position at the moment but the value is there. Understanding this, we expect a tough game but we will be ready.

zA6KoYu.jpg

We like these kind of games, our players like these kind of games and we will be ready. All the time, these kind of teams are a big threat but we are fully focused and with motivation. We didn’t finish the last game in a poor situation, we had 70% possession, a lot of crosses, a lot of shots, we are in a good position and have every reason to feel positive ahead of the game.”

MINTYNESS

We are here to fight…

OEBVbjU.gif

As mad Tony (Xia) the tiger would say Pauli Grrrrrrrrrrrreat OMDT!

Really wanna smash Villa 5-0 

lots of contributing factors but mainly that mad twát in charge and that fat dinner lady who's managing the team (still píssed off about Wembley.... can ya tell?!)

realisticly though it will be another tough game and I'd be happy with a 1-0 win as although we don't "need" to win it would be preferable if we did to stop any chance of anyone else gaining ground on us

RELEASE THE LLAMA 

AND TRAVEL TO BRUM

IF YOU DONT EAT YOUR VEG

BRUCE WILL TELL YOUR MUM!

IMG_5503.JPG.7df168da694c00007cd479bfc4ac16bf.JPG

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

IMG_5501.thumb.JPG.95d0fae3edbb03ff8f59734b370a136a.JPGIMG_4868.JPG.ed430eca16a6d49003dc234010f8f190.JPG

Funny team, they might have turned a corner recently with 3 wins out of 4. 

They've been mixing up their formations, recently trying wing backs and 3 centres backs.  I hope FF can exploit any gaps from their full backs pushing forward 

Hoping Bannan has the game if his life; they mock him and think he's garbage. 

Praying for a win. 

Guest Wacker62

I enjoyed my last trip to Villa in 1992?  when the mighty Jemson scored in a one nil victory. My word how far we have progressed. Moaners take a time machine back in time you wont moan anymore believe me.........

My next door neighbour is an exiled Brummie

He has a season ticket at Villa

I told him before the fixtures came out we would beat them at home and beat them on their patch

2-1 to The Wednesday 

Rhodes and Bannan

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

3 minutes ago, Wacker62 said:

I enjoyed my last trip to Villa in 1992?  when the mighty Jemson scored in a one nil victory. My word how far we have progressed. Moaners take a time machine back in time you wont moan anymore believe me.........

Was that the game where the pitch was terrible and they put down green sand to cover the mud. Jemson scored a header that just crossed the line or did it? Les Sealey (RIP) in the Villa goal didnt think so!