Has David Hirst stormed out?

Sorry for not posting sooner, but I forgot about this until I watched the Biggs/Haslam interview, where they discussed the possibility of George maybe signing an extended contract to kill off the rumours about Everton, Arsenal et cetera, being interested in signing him. 

At the match on Tuesday, a bloke in front of us was telling somebody that a rumour was going around about David Hirst leaving the club under a cloud. Usually because this bloke has contacts in the game through another club, the stories have either come to light at a later date or equally nothing more has been heard of them. Now, the the things he tells us are never usually that dramatic, but I just wondered if anybody had heard anything about David Hirst and whether he is still working with the club, whether there had been a bust up and what it was about. The bloke who was telling us this, was only surmising that it may have been something to do with the suitors coming in for George, but Biggsy reckons that at least Everton's interest is genuine.

Anybody ITK about this, or is it just an unfounded rumour? 

18 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Don't worry. I'm sure somebody will make something up.

Yes, normally when you hear these kinds of rumours they are totally made up, but like I said before, the ones this bloke tells us usually pop up as stories a week or so after he tells us, or nothing is heard for a while, depending on whether it is a long term or short term thing. I cannot ever remember any of them being proven unfounded. He did not know the severity of the bust up, whether it was David Hirst leaving the training ground in a bad mood, or whether he had left the club full stop. He also had no idea what the bust up was about, only that something had happened. I think he told us this just before we scored and seemed to be trying to find out what we knew as he lives out of town.  

I just wondered what it was all about. The made up stuff is usually easy enough to spot and I guess if there was a decent story about this, there would be something on here telling us about it, which is what I came on here today to find out.

If anybody can get to find out I would be interested to know, because I think it is important for us to keep players like David at the club when they have skills, enthusiasm for the game/club and experience that they can pass on (hopefully not of boozing and smurking tabs). I also think it would be better for us and maybe for George too, if we could convince him to pledge his long term future to the club and see what he can do here in the next few years.   

I shan't say much and won't quote anyone by name. I'm guessing that it's the very weird rolling contact that the home grown trainees are on that has sparked something off. SWFC have them handcuffed until they reach the age of 24, if any offers are received for one of our youngsters then the club either rejects it out of hand or slaps a ridiculously high transfer fee on the player.  A premier league club has been refused permission to even speak to one player, and another can't go out on loan despite several good offers from decent clubs. 

I'm all in favour of the club protecting it's interests, but a footballers carreer is short and having to wait until age 24 to gain contract freedom is draconian at best and slavery at worst.

Is that what happened to Lavery?

Refusing loan options sounds daft, but if the above is true I wonder if it's almost a necessary evil given that Prem clubs are willing to have your pants down for young players if allowed. I can understand why a players father may be unhappy if that's the case.

If Everton want our England youth striker then they're going to have to pay through the nose by the sounds of it. They must think we are Sheffield United. 

Edited by Bluesteel

14 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

I shan't say much and won't quote anyone by name. I'm guessing that it's the very weird rolling contact that the home grown trainees are on that has sparked something off. SWFC have them handcuffed until they reach the age of 24, if any offers are received for one of our youngsters then the club either rejects it out of hand or slaps a ridiculously high transfer fee on the player.  A premier league club has been refused permission to even speak to one player, and another can't go out on loan despite several good offers from decent clubs. 

I'm all in favour of the club protecting it's interests, but a footballers carreer is short and having to wait until age 24 to gain contract freedom is draconian at best and slavery at worst.

Surely they were happy to sign the contract at the time.

That's the trouble today with modern day footballers, as soon as a better offer comes along they want away.