It's not so much the absence of stripes, or the weird 'classic' badge so much as that the designs of the home and away kit this year are both somewhere between unremarkable and hideous and not us at all. They're just not up to up to it as a supplier, they don't fit the club profile and are costing the club money with the late kit releases, general shortages and the brand itself is just naff. We've moved on from the Milan era - time to look the part.

I don't think every kit needs the same 3 stripe pattern, and would like to continue mixing it up more like Puma used to do in the 90s.  Speaking of that time Black Shorts and Socks for me every time. Just looks classier somehow.

Edited by TrueOwl

19 minutes ago, devonshire owl said:

So why didnt we play in our home kit against weeds .?

As the more we play in the away/3rd kit it's more exposure of the kit and more fans buy it from the club shop.

Basically a commercial strategy 

Guest Lostondisplay

I thought this was going to be a thread blaming the kit for poor performances.

Last season in stripes, phenomenal, this year, hit and miss.

It makes sense tha' knows

I really like the look of a lot of New Balance shirts. Think they have a real quality about them. 

Personally if I was choosing. I would have a blue and white striped shirt. (At a push would accept a solid blue back). Black shorts. And blue socks with a black strim. Ala early 90s. 

But what do I know. 

Edit: for those not sure Liverpool Celtic Porto and Sevilla all have NB kits. 

The black celtic away kit with yellow would maybe fit in with Wednesday tradition. And though the colours aren't the right way round. The Porto shirt would give a rough idea of a home shirt. 

Edited by OughtibridgeOwl

Guest The Claw
1 hour ago, devonshire owl said:

So why didnt we play in our home kit against weeds .?

just loving the weeds terminology