Swap the results

"Decent" draw against playoff rivals Norwich, and beating Burton 5-1 tonight. 

Same points, but far less would be moaning. 

Burton are fighting for their lives at the wrong end of the table, and they're going to set up to frustrate teams away from home for the rest of the season.

Overall it wasn't a bad night. Lots of other draws, and while the late Fulham goal isn't ideal it keeps Leeds within one game of us potentially going above them. And they were still talking about automatic at 8pm. 

Just get behind the team after good AND bad results, and stop acting like spoiled brats.

Remember where we were late 2010. 

1 minute ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Burton are fighting for their lives at the wrong end of the table, and they're going to set up to frustrate teams away from home for the rest of the season.

Overall it wasn't a bad night. Lots of other draws, and while the late Fulham goal isn't ideal it keeps Leeds within one game of us potentially going above them. And they were still talking about automatic at 8pm. 

Just get behind the team after good AND bad results, and stop acting like spoiled brats.

Ffs, seriosuly how long do we have to do this for?

past is the past, we've moved on and this is a totally different club now.

Do man city fans look at themselves and say "we've messed up in the league but oh well, remember when we were in the third division."

Guest everydays_wednesday
1 minute ago, alanharper said:

Pointwise it's the same, but Saturday is irrelevant - whichever way you look at it it's still 2 precious points dropped at home to Burton. 

Tonight is now irrelevant and we move on to Saturday......come on Wednesday 

4 points was minimum I'd have took from these two home games, and we got it. Not the best tonite, but Christ anyone would have thought they had snuck a last min winner...imagine that, well it would slightly justify the moaners but we didn't lose. 

We all knew what burton were going to do before the game and it worked for them tonight, we move on to what should be a more open game against villa 

Edited by meadowview owl

4 minutes ago, poite said:

Ffs, seriosuly how long do we have to do this for?

past is the past, we've moved on and this is a totally different club now.

Do man city fans look at themselves and say "we've messed up in the league but oh well, remember when we were in the third division."

For as long as there are brainless morons who's first game in ten years was the playoff final, who are now whining because they think we should be walking the league because we've spent a bit cash for once.

I'll bet 75% of the unhappy crew weren't there against 9-man Yeovil on that miserable Tuesday night six years ago. 

3 minutes ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

For as long as there are brainless morons who's first game in ten years was the playoff final, who are now whining because they think we should be walking the league because we've spent a bit cash for once.

I'll bet 75% of the unhappy crew weren't there against 9-man Yeovil on that miserable Tuesday night six years ago. 

Ironic you use the word 'brainless' as that pretty much sums up your comment here.

There's a very distinct difference between people expecting us to beat Burton albion at home and 'walk the league'. But that's the brainless assumption you have made for anyone who thinks this team should achieve more against Burton than a 1-1 draw.

On your second point. That's a great shout. If we get to the playoff final again and lose I'll expect everyone to leave with a big smile on their face knowing that at the end of the day we drew 2-2 to a 9man Yeovil 6 years ago.

1 minute ago, poite said:

Ironic you use the word 'brainless' as that pretty much sums up your comment here.

There's a very distinct difference between people expecting us to beat Burton albion at home and 'walk the league'. But that's the brainless assumption you have made for anyone who thinks this team should achieve more against Burton than a 1-1 draw.

On your second point. That's a great shout. If we get to the playoff final again and lose I'll expect everyone to leave with a big smile on their face knowing that at the end of the day we drew 2-2 to a 9man Yeovil 6 years ago.

A brainless person calling someone brainless wouldn't really qualify as irony. 

Nothing wrong with expecting your team to win, but there's a problem when someone can't take a step back and see the bigger picture. Too many of our fans are like that lately. 

3 minutes ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

A brainless person calling someone brainless wouldn't really qualify as irony. 

Nothing wrong with expecting your team to win, but there's a problem when someone can't take a step back and see the bigger picture. Too many of our fans are like that lately. 

I just don't know why we need to anymore. I just don't understand why everything is acceptable these days simply because it's better than it was years ago.

Maybe a bit on the extreme side but if for instance a player received some racial abuse you wouldn't be saying "let it go you big wuss, its better now than  it was in the 70s". 

It's really important we constantly strive for better, it's the only way we will keep moving forward. That's not to say you expect something unrealistic like walking the league but it does mean you expect to be beating Burton at home.

I can imagine it now. 5 years down the line we've just lost to West Brom in a premier league fixture and people will be saying "get a grip, remember 5 years ago we were drawing with Burton in the Championship". 

4 hours ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Please stop being so reasonable. If things don't go our way someone must be to blame. 

Fair point but stop with the look where we were stuff though.

Last night wasn't bad in isolation but I feel like we are the sixth best side and I'm not convinced we can win the playoffs this season.

Next year something will have to change because these regularly average games will just keep us in this division.

7 hours ago, ViolaOwls said:

I get what the op is saying but unfortunately good promotion contenders beat those around them in crunch games but then wipe the floor with bottom 6 shower teams

Newcastle have lost twice against Blackburn this season, they were also very lucky to win 2-1 at Burton. 

8 hours ago, Chris_B_SWFC said:

Jesus...can't believe how some fans look at it!! We're talking about Burton at home...no I wouldn't have been happy with a point Saturday n I wasn't happy with a point last night. That's the difference between us n the teams above us.

I did say last night would be tough n fully expected them playing with the full 11 on / inside their own box n it wasn't going to be easy but that said we should have enough within the squad to grind out a narrow 2-1. 

Theres glass half full n theres delusional.