Played decent.

Anyone who actually went tonight would know we played decent. Both teams played positively, both had some great chances, both scored great goals and both defended very well. Saying that, the ref was diabolical in the 2nd half, how many hand balls?

Burton were one of the better sides to come here.

Edited by ohgoditsjames

Agree with the OP. 

Burton made it very difficult. They parked their bus and were fortunate to get a point, although they sort of deserved it. 

People saying that was terrible... please explain how you break down a team that puts everyone behind the ball like that. I thought we tried everything, it nearly paid off. 

Need to take the point, stick together, stay positive, and move on. 

14 minutes ago, ohgoditsjames said:

Anyone who actually went tonight would know we played decent. Both teams played positively, both had some great chances, both scored great goals and both defended very well. Saying that, the ref was diabolical in the 2nd half, how many hand balls?

"Both teams played positively"

Really? What was you watching? 

6 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Think tonight was crying out for Abdi tbh 

Wondered how long it was gonna be  till someone mentioned  abdi, jesus next you will say we could have done with nuhiu up front or maybe potter in midfield! Bannan and jones did nothing wrong tonight it was the poor balls into the box from out wide and im sure abdi isnt a winger!

10 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Agree with the OP. 

Burton made it very difficult. They parked their bus and were fortunate to get a point, although they sort of deserved it. 

People saying that was terrible... please explain how you break down a team that puts everyone behind the ball like that. I thought we tried everything, it nearly paid off. 

Need to take the point, stick together, stay positive, and move on. 

Wow

what do you think the likes of Newcastle Brighton Leeds do against these teams? Think oh they are going to sit back so we can't win? You have to get behind them and get at them, yes we need to stay positive and I'm all for it but disagree with what you say regarding 'how do you beat these ' etc 

Also agree with the OP. Played much better than in games we won like Rotherham and Blackburn. 

Burton parked the bus and then tried to catch us on the counter, as in Leicester last year, although thought Jones did well to stop many of the counters. Not sure you can call that positive play but everything else I agree with. Another day that would have also been 5-1 but nothing seemed to fall for us in the box.

37 minutes ago, ohgoditsjames said:

I came out of the ground and said the same to my mate. We have played a lot worse this season and won. 

12 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Wow

what do you think the likes of Newcastle Brighton Leeds do against these teams? Think oh they are going to sit back so we can't win? You have to get behind them and get at them, yes we need to stay positive and I'm all for it but disagree with what you say regarding 'how do you beat these ' etc 

I imagine they did what we did but took their chances. All I am saying is that there is no magic formula, you have to be tenacious and try everything. I thought we did that but it just didn't happen.