Sliding doors 'n all...

...but had we beaten Brighton as we should have we'd only be 4 points off automatic right now!  And I reckon favourites for 2nd spot given their poor form.

Oh well, hopefully the Norwich game was a sign that Carlos has 'released the hounds' because with FF on the left and two proper strikers up front we can put the cleaners through anyone in this league.

2 minutes ago, Owl_in_Oz said:

...but had we beaten Brighton as we should have we'd only be 4 points off automatic right now!  And I reckon favourites for 2nd spot given their poor form.

Oh well, hopefully the Norwich game was a sign that Carlos has 'released the hounds' because with FF on the left and two proper strikers up front we can put the cleaners through anyone in this league.

Gutted its taken us so long to release the shackles, but there is still time to grab second.

Stranger things have happened.

13 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Leeds fans at work seem to think they're nailed on for second. 

They're the only side I'd fear in the playoffs (And I'm including Brighton in perspective play-off teams) as they're the only ones that seem to know how to do a job on us. 

Guest RocketOwl
27 minutes ago, Owl_in_Oz said:

Fernando has started other games on the left at home with two strikers.

I just don't see us getting 2nd place. I'm also a bit meh about the playoffs cos we might not win em. I think someone needs to tell me to man up and enjoy the ride. 

I'd love it if we got promoted obviously, I just can't shake the feeling that we've left it all a bit late and are gonna rue a couple of missed pens and poor performances. 

5 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I just don't see us getting 2nd place. I'm also a bit meh about the playoffs cos we might not win em. I think someone needs to tell me to man up and enjoy the ride. 

I'd love it if we got promoted obviously, I just can't shake the feeling that we've left it all a bit late and are gonna rue a couple of missed pens and poor performances. 

Man up and enjoy the ride. 

10 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

After Leeds and Brentford I think thats autos out of the window but playoffs is a lottery. 

Release the shackles, let the lads have a good go at it, lets score some goals, build up some momentum and see where we are come the end of the season. Worst case scenario is that we go into the play offs scaring the bobbar out of the opposition.

We are capable of beating anyone in this league IF we maintain the attacking tempo from Saturday.

3 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Let's see if Leeds can go to Fulham and get something there, 

We may as well start calling them Woods. As without him they would be nowhere near playoffs.

A 'real fan' would surely put something like local rivalry/hatred firmly to one side and be willing Leeds to win this game. I certainly am. Think about it, a win for Leeds is actually doing us a BIG favour. We need to ensure a play off place (who cares if it's 3rd or 6th?) as early as possible so we can rest our key players ready for the play offs.

Edited by Almat

4 minutes ago, doubleo said:

Lets just get 6th place sealed early then we can relax and rest a few, and go in with some momentum. I don't fear anyone outside the top 2 when we're on song.

I don't fear anyone in the top 6/8/10

4 minutes ago, Almat said:

A 'real fan' would surely put something like local rivalry/hatred firmly to one side and be willing Leeds to win this game. I certainly am. Think about it, a win for Leeds is actually doing us a BIG favour. We need to ensure a play off place (who cares if it's 3rd or 6th?) as early as possible so we can rest our key players ready for the play offs.

I don't mind who wins it. It's all about what we do no one else.

I was just saying that some on here seem to be fearing Leeds in the playoffs but there place is no more secure than ours is was my point.