The Owls vs Norwich. Official Matchday Thread.

BJyDHtd.png          qPVJbz2.png   

Hillsborough Stadium, Sheffield

15:00 Saturday, 04 March 2017

TODAY’S OPPOSITES

The Norwich dialect is proudly among the most impenetrable in the UK. This is entirely due to the local mistrust of outsiders or 'Faarners' as they're known locally - the dialect has been carefully honed over many centuries in order to make precisely no sense whatsoever to anyone not born within a day's tractor drive of the city centre.

xdXkKIF.jpg

When you are in Norfolk it is customary and polite to chew with your mouth open, and spit bits of food on the person opposite you. In Norwich the noise level of conversation ranges from shout to yell. Culturally, this is due to generations of the people of Norwich and Norfolk working with farm machinery whirring away in the background, as it still does today.

6fQGVgJ.jpg

A few language tips . The usual greeting in Norfolk follows;

"Ha y' alruigh boi?" Translation: How are you?

"Ha y' guwn duwn the markut?" Translation: Are you going to the Market?

"Oy new tha' it snew cus I jus driv there." Translation: I know that it has snowed because I have just driven from there.

"New, oi han' seen em hev yew?" Translation: no I haven't seen him/them have you?

GpcDpzx.jpg

Norwich is also known for its mediocre football team, Norwich City [pron. Naarrch Settee]. It is mandatory for all spectators to dress in budgie outfits in support of the football teams emblem. They are also asked to bring cans of polish as the empty trophy cupboards dust is a killer to remove. 

Luckily, we don’t have to go to their ground today as they are coming to visit us!

Now, GIT ORF MOY LAAAAND!

MATCHDAY THINGS

Official Matchday Pie: Canary and Onion

Official Matchday Drink: Your chance to take part in the first 16 Pint Challenge for March 2017. Get in!

Official Matchday Song: “When The Sun Goes Down” by Lack Of Afro…

Sheffield Wednesday striker Gary Hooper could return after being out since mid-November because of a thigh injury. Defender Morgan Fox is a doubt, having gone off at half-time in the Leeds loss after returning from an ankle injury.

Norwich midfielder Youssouf Mulumbu could be back in contention for the match between two Championship play-off hopefuls following a thigh problem. Steven Naismith of the Monkees featured last weekend after injury, while Matt Jarvis is recovering from a hamstring strain.

NDL2Et4.png Head To Head VExoeeK.png

▪    After a run of eight straight league victories over Norwich between 2005 and 2009, the Owls are since winless in their most recent three (D2 L1).

▪    Norwich's last league win at Hillsborough dates back to December 2001, having drawn two and lost four of their six trips in league competition since.

▪    The Owls lost their last home league game to Brentford - they have never lost back to back home league games under Carlos Carvalhal; they last did so in April 2014 under Stuart Gray.

▪    Despite this, the Owls have won six of their last eight league matches at Hillsborough (D1 L1).

▪    Only Birmingham (16) have conceded more headed goals than Norwich in the Championship this season (15)

rXSCKQ7.png

KING CARLOS’ PEARLS OF WISDOM

“It is a crucial moment of the season, it won’t decide anything but it will be very important. It’s important we put everybody together to achieve points and to stay in a good position. Next month will be a good challenge to us, it’s important that our fans play their part in this challenge, we need them for sure. We must be focused in all the games because they are all a threat and at the end, we will see what we achieved. The most important is that we must run, fight and try to play. In the Leeds game, I thought we did this and that is a good signal because if we are like this, we will achieve more victories. Everybody wants the same from the players to the fans. Let’s put everyone together and try to push everyone up. Let’s be positive to achieve something.

jO4rxNN.jpg

We have had one week to prepare for the game, form a strategy and recover henergy so we will be ready to a difficult match. The teams that are relegated are all the time the strongest sides in my opinion. More important, we respect a lot Norwich but look to ourselves to improve our football, to upgrade our football and play better and better. This game is different comparing with recent games. We have played five games in the last 15 days and in the last two, we didn’t play in the same circumstances. Even with this in the last game, we played face by face with Leeds and were the better side on the pitch in my opinion. We understand the opponent is strong but they will play against a strong team of the competition also. We play at home and expect good support from our fans during this last part of the season. We need the help of everybody.

MINTYNESS

We are here to fight…

cO1dvuV.gif

Great OMDT Pauli!

After the disappointment of the last two games we need to win the game to get back on track and keep that points gap as big as possible... I mean what kind of team blows a huge points gap and ends up not getting promoted? :ph34r:

My prediction is a Wednesday win by 2-0 winnall & fessi scoring

RELEASE THE LLAMA 

CARLOS SEZ ITS OREYT

WERE GOING UP AUTOMATIC

WERE JUST LEAVING IT LATE!

IMG_1834.PNG.5ca4e3aae2f892c338892681ade29b47.PNG

Wednesday are gonna smash up the league Street Fighter style!

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

1 hour ago, pauli said:

Only Birmingham (16) have conceded more headed goals than Norwich in the Championship this season (15)

This stat is an important one. Let's play Winnall and Rhodes up front, FF on the left wing and give Macca a start on the right. First 30 minutes, play down the channels and get the ball into the bleedin' box, see if we can't get two strikers who are good in the air to score a couple of headers.

Great OMDT as always Pauli, UTO.

Good Morning Wednesdayites!  Three defeats in a row is one thing I can not even begin to think about, so we are bound to win today, despite the difficult challenge.  Scrape through 2-1.  Come on Wednesday!

Leakier than a catflap on a submarine, this lot. They'll probably score though, so we need to be banging three in.

Lots of big vocal support please chaps and chapettes. The blip must end and the run-in start in earnest; we go big or go home!

Nice MDT Pauli, I like your multi-knobbled orange prodder. 

:stuwinky:

'issere Paaauuli laaad em ders doo er gurd fishal maaarchdiay fred oi thenk.

And I agree wiv 'em most 'oleheartedly Pauli. Top thread mate.

No predictions cos I never get 'em right. Hopefully get out of work to catch the second half darnt pub. sithee later lol 

18 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

'issere Paaauuli laaad em ders doo er gurd fishal maaarchdiay fred oi thenk.

And I agree wiv 'em most 'oleheartedly Pauli. Top thread mate.

No predictions cos I never get 'em right. Hopefully get out of work to catch the second half darnt pub. sithee later lol 

We're The Wednesday , we like to sing ,

And every little thing ,

Is gonna BE ALREYT.

Cos Carlos , who is our king ,

Ses every little thing,

GONNA BE ALREYT

always on top form Pauli...lets hope Wednesday can keep up your standards.

However, I would take a win with a performance which just about deserves the points. We have good players so we are always going to get quality even if we expect more these days.