Finances! Villa appear to be fudged how about us

8 minutes ago, Tim said:

Wishing misery on another club, when we were so close to the edge of collapse ourselves not long ago seems like a bad thing. 

True. But like the DA era, Villa have been mismanaged for a long time now and they've just spent and spent this year so instead of using the chute payments how they are supposed to  be, they've splurged the cash and I do hope they get nailed for it. All the tools at their disposal to restructure and return but they have abused the resources available so I have no guilt wishing I'll on them

Edited by Northampton Owl

9 minutes ago, Northampton Owl said:

Interesting read about Villa. Personally I loved reading it and hope they get screwed but I was wondering about us. Have we had any figures yet or still in the dark?  

Villa show losses of over £81m

http://www.skysports.com/share/10784198 

If i've understood correctly, over a 3 year period which i understand it's based on, It's 65mill in the prem annually and 13 mill in the champ annually.

If they stay in the champ they would be allowed 65 last year (prem), 13 this year & 13 year after. =  91 mill.

So they can lose another 10mill in the 3 year period.  

But don't take this as gospel, i aint a football accountant and may have massively over simplified it and be as wide of the mark as some of the anti CC brigade on here.

Sorry, Sorry, couldn't resist and on this occasion, only joking.

35 minutes ago, Northampton Owl said:

True. But like the DA era, Villa have been mismanaged for a long time now and they've just spent and spent this year so instead of using the chute payments how they are supposed to  be, they've splurged the cash and I do hope they get nailed for it. All the tools at their disposal to restructure and return but they have abused the resources available so I have no guilt wishing I'll on them

I'd not agree that and for any football league club to be fair would not wish ill on them.

The money side is nuts and many clubs are struggling with the double standards on rules.

Edited by F. Spiksley

34 minutes ago, Northampton Owl said:

The arnt the first club and wont be the last . The parachute payments are abused . 

51 minutes ago, Northampton Owl said:

Nail on head

I love it when clubs spend all their parachute money in one go and fail miserably

16 minutes ago, tuttuttut said:

28th Feb they need to be filed at Companies house which is tomorrow.

Not sure if they are available straight away. 

Be a good week after dependent on workload at Companies House. Last year they did publish on the official website a bit before so might go live tomorrow.

The Villa figures don't reflect them being in the Championship and I think some of the loss is accounting shizzle rather than real cash losses

14 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Be a good week after dependent on workload at Companies House. Last year they did publish on the official website a bit before so might go live tomorrow.

Cheers MK

Any chance you could break it down for us in simple terms for us non accountants when they are released?