We are depressing not the team

We are a bunch of morons if you think about it, every thing the club has done good or bad over the last 2 years has been met with a barrage of critics, we win we moan, we lose we groan, individual players being singled out with insults on here cos they did wrong somewhere, well if i was a player reading some stuff we come out with, i would tell us to f@@k ourselves, and ask for a move elsewhere, social media is the ruin of mankind, and we all can shove twitter and facebook where the sun dont shine. Get some positive threads going before we fall flat on our faces

3 minutes ago, wednesdayok said:

We are a bunch of morons if you think about it, every thing the club has done good or bad over the last 2 years has been met with a barrage of critics, we win we moan, we lose we groan, individual players being singled out with insults on here cos they did wrong somewhere, well if i was a player reading some stuff we come out with, i would tell us to f@@k ourselves, and ask for a move elsewhere, social media is the ruin of mankind, and we all can shove twitter and facebook where the sun dont shine. Get some positive threads going before we fall flat on our faces

Start supporting your team at games would be a start.

For seventy minutes your support, all 2,800 of them, stood there like a bunch of manequins. Not a single song, not one from when Wood scored.

At least you turned up for once but I don't know why you bothered.

1 hour ago, Sham75 said:

Start supporting your team at games would be a start.

For seventy minutes your support, all 2,800 of them, stood there like a bunch of manequins. Not a single song, not one from when Wood scored.

At least you turned up for once but I don't know why you bothered.

Leeds have been thru the mill wirh dodgy cellino, but the fans put ours to shame, the decibels from them was off the scale they are behind the team 100%

Attitude in the stands affects players on the pitch.

It is not flipping rocket science.

If you're a goal down with two minutes to play then the energy of fans really does have an impact. If you fear a loss then you almost certainly flipping lose.

Get with it moaning rumblezoids, seriously check your heads. Still plenty of games left. Top six looking very very likely. Autos slipping out of reach but not impossible (yesterday's results were kind to us but also, twisting it, though, they were also a dropped plate for others too - swings and roundabouts).

A healthy dose of optimism would be good for the club right now and certainly be a "supportive" thing for the eleven who are on pitch.

Edited by F. Spiksley

2 minutes ago, wednesdayok said:

Leeds have been thru the mill wirh dodgy cellino, but the fans put ours to shame, the decibels from them was off the scale they are behind the team 100%

The Leeds fans are buzzing to be anywhere near the top 6. They have been a bit of a joke club for the last few seasons, any sort of success is a miracle.

Wednesday on the other hand are on the back of a play off final defeat, this does 2 things to a fanbase, raises expectations and causes frustration.

Thats the difference between the 2 clubs at the moment.

Just now, Sgt Wednesday said:

The Leeds fans are buzzing to be anywhere near the top 6. They have been a bit of a joke club for the last few seasons, any sort of success is a miracle.

Wednesday on the other hand are on the back of a play off final defeat, this does 2 things to a fanbase, raises expectations and causes frustration.

Thats the difference between the 2 clubs at the moment.

It is a shame that some of our fans still plead the headaches and spew negativity though.

We are back in the hunt again this season, know a bit more about what the play offs need this time too. 

Been on here since it's inception, and the group that gets insulted and abused the most isn't the players.

It isn't the Manager either.

It's anyone with opinions that don't sit well or conform with the majorities blue and white spectacled happyfest.

It happened when Dave Allen was criticised, it happened when Dave Jones was criticised. It's easer to try and silence opinions you don't like, than to understand them.

If the season finished today I would fancy us in the play offs, even though our form isn't great I still think we have too much for teams.

We have Tom Lees and Gary Hooper to come back in, thats one of the best CBs and one of the best Strikers in the division returning.

This season is a polar opposite to last season, we played some great football last season but struggled against the stronger sides.

This season we have not been outplayed by anyone but we have also struggled to really put teams away.

SWFC are still hungover from last seasons play off defeat, thats not just the players and staff but the fans.

Our supporters haven't really got behind the team this season, if we do well its expected, if we do badly then its boos.

We aren't a club at the moment, Huddersfield, Leeds, Reading, Brighton and Newcastle are, they are all on the same page, wanting the same thing.

We are all feeling sorry for ourselves and looking to blame everyone else.

14 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Been on here since it's inception, and the group that gets insulted and abused the most isn't the players.

It's anyone with opinions that don't sit well or conform with the majorities blue and white spectacled happyfest.

It happened when Dave Allen was criticised, it happened when Dave Jones was criticised. It's easer to try and silence opinions you don't like, than to understand them.

There's negativity and there's negative criticism. Big difference IMHO. I understand your post though and agree in part.

For me it is more about the manner and traits of most recent negativity that is unhealthy rather than the more considered/constructive views that objectively make a point and ask questions of players and manager.

That said, a social forum to air views on our club is always going to be slightly detached from the reality. I include myself!!! lol

Guest RocketOwl

I agree with the OP. Why when Westwood takes 10 mins to pass to Loovens who stands there for 5 and passes it back, are not getting on the edge of their seats and pumping the air with joy is beyond me. Morons.

Just now, RocketOwl said:

I agree with the OP. Why when Westwood takes 10 mins to pass to Loovens who stands there for 5 and passes it back, are not getting on the edge of their seats and pumping the air with joy is beyond me. Morons.

That is a facile way to make a point - it is the epitome of the negativity of late rather than a negative bit of criticism making a point reasonable and objective.

Nobody expects happy clapping at all costs  either, as that is equally unhealthy and what I imagine life is like in North Korea - except we don't have a prison sentence  dished out as a consequence of not being a blind faithed happy clapper.

The term 'happy clapper' was invented which then started being branded out to others as an insult.

Our fans are quick to mock our own and pour scorn on anything they try to do. There's an whole generation of fans coming through for which it seems uncool to sing at matches.

At the beginning of the season there was an initiative to give away thousands of scarves to our fans at the Villa game. This was met with negativity and criticism....which makes people question why they should even bother in the first place. And where are the scarves now? Save for an handful of people, they can't even be arsed to bring them to games.

People don't sing because its easier to moan to the club about a bloody singing section than it is to get together with your mates and just sing anyway. The fact is, the whole Kop and North Stand should be the singing section.

Then there's those at the front who make a mockery of the giant flag every time. They can't wait to get rid of it and treat it like some sort of inconvenience. People ask why our Kop can't be like Anfield, well the fact is when the flag is surfed and they players come running out the flag looks a mess. Are our fans really that concerned that they might not see the players coming onto the pitch? 

The last home game when we were under pressure the ball dropped to Palmer who was being chased down by an attacker. He brought the ball down and attempted to play it out when the whole kop started shouting and screaming for him to hoof it. He wasnt  in that much danger, but even so, is thousands of people booing going to help him keep calm or is it going to add more pressure and make him do a panic clearance? Are we on the player side or what?

The fact is we are boring. We are quick to criticise the club, the manage and the players but do nothing positive but sit on our seats and whinge.

We are the stripey Nigel's of the north.

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, F. Spiksley said:

That is a facile way to make a point - it is the epitome of the negativity of late rather than a negative bit of criticism making a point reasonable and objective.

Nobody expects happy clapping at all costs  either, as that is equally unhealthy and what I imagine life is like in North Korea - except we don't have a prison sentence  dished out as a consequence of not being a blind faithed happy clapper.

This website is negative but I don't see that as a bad thing. It's what forums are for. It's for fans to air their concerns. It doesn't make the same fans negative at the game.

The only thing to be positive about currently is our league position. The performances have been dire all season.

Now it's very facile to expect fans to be positive and excited at watching these mind numbing performances - especially the home ones. Any fan who sees this as a negative is Ann owlstalk armchair fan.

2 hours ago, wednesdayok said:

That's life. It's never been any different and never will be. Every club and its supporters in the country are the same.

We pay good money to go and people are entitled to their opinion be it positive or negative.

Ive spent £6000 on season tickets alone during years of sub standard football. Many are the same.

Football is about opinions and it's what makes it interesting. If we all thought the same and had 'blind faith' it'd be pretty dull.

Also quite ironic you made this post on a (social media) fan forum whose entire purpose is for the fans to dicuss what's going on and air heir thoughts. 

Don't get me wrong I think it's important we're positive at matches and we back the club.

But to call people morons for having an opinion on here is wrong. 

25 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Yep. Opinions differ and that SHOULD be OK. Without these differences this forum would die.

My own opinion is that we've ground results out without playing well for most of this season. Certainly it's hardly been entertaining and this is an entertainment business essentially. I also think that our resources have not and are not being employed as well as they should be. 

Do I think CC should go?   No.  I do think that it us promotion or bust for him this year though. Only promotion would compensate for the drab fare being served up this season. 

The name calling etc is water of a ducks back with me but it sure is puerile and indicative of a weak argument if that is the only resort.

The last 10 games including Wembley will sort it

for our massively talented team and manager.

Success in S6 is well overdue, Mr Chasiri is

making it all possible.

Speakers corner in London is a great place to

moan .....

the last para a not too subtle hint intended for the doom 

Mongers, the end of the world is nigh brigade and those whose favourite

Shakespeare line is about the Ides of March.