Winnall and Rhodes???

When I watched the match against Birmingham there seemed some decent chemistry between them and great potential moving forward but yet they are not getting played together. Any one else notice why this is?  We seem to be very negative this season but yet we have two strikers who could score loads for us. 

Guest RocketOwl

Very similar. Both poachers. Would leave us lacking a foil for the midfield. Hooper is the man. Hooper will be back next game.

Rhodes and Winnall To slow as a strike force.

Hooper took a phenomenal amount of grief on here earlier in the season, if we don't get some crosses into the box he will struggle just the same as Winnall and Rhodes and any other striker will 

5 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Very similar. Both poachers. Would leave us lacking a foil for the midfield. Hooper is the man. Hooper will be back next game.

Rhodes and Winnall To slow as a strike force.

Hmm I don't know?? I understand how you think they are similar but that Birmingham game showed that they both knew where each other should be with there flick one etc as they could read each other's game 

Guest RocketOwl
4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Hooper took a phenomenal amount of grief on here earlier in the season, if we don't get some crosses into the box he will struggle just the same as Winnall and Rhodes and any other striker will 

Nope. Look at Hoopers goals for us. He also drops back and links play. 

Hooper is absolutely pivotal for us and you will all see soon when he's back up front with FF.

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, kilnhurstowl said:

Hmm I don't know?? I understand how you think they are similar but that Birmingham game showed that they both knew where each other should be with there flick one etc as they could read each other's game 

Not sure we saw the same game.

Other than their goals against a poor team with a 40 year old at the back we looked average. Until last 10 mins when Abdi and CM came on.

If we carry on playing like we are doing neither Hooper or Winnall will be the answer, both have there strengths and weaknesses but for me Winnall works harder and is more of an aerial threat 

Hooper is a goal poacher, bit like Rhodes , but isn't as hardworking and nowhere near as effective in the air 

Hooper seems to get better with every game he DOESNT play!!!

lazy and moody, no movement and makes the midfield players task impossible as he offers no options.

Hooper and FF had lots of games / minutes together at the end of last season and also this and we're a totally ineffective partnership.

to call Rhodes and Winnall an average / mid table championship strikefotce is a joke. Those two, with service, would score goals.

i repeat my earlier post; 

Westwood, 
sasso, Lees, loovens,
      Hutch, Jones
Macca,  Abdi,      FF, 
    Winnall, Rhodes.

i for one would love to watch this team!

43 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

If we carry on playing like we are doing neither Hooper or Winnall will be the answer, both have there strengths and weaknesses but for me Winnall works harder and is more of an aerial threat 

Hooper is a goal poacher, bit like Rhodes , but isn't as hardworking and nowhere near as effective in the air 

but only Hooper has anywhere near the sort of ability needed to play alongside Forestieri

14 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

but only Hooper has anywhere near the sort of ability needed to play alongside Forestieri

Dont know about that, FF has the talent to impact on games regardless of who's around him , I think this whole season has been hampered by us bending over backwards to fit him into the side and make him the main man 

this main man stuff infuriates me, I heard it said more than once by the sky commentators today , we need to start playing as a team and not as individuals ... and that's an issue for FF 

35 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Dont know about that, FF has the talent to impact on games regardless of who's around him , I think this whole season has been hampered by us bending over backwards to fit him into the side and make him the main man 

this main man stuff infuriates me, I heard it said more than once by the sky commentators today , we need to start playing as a team and not as individuals ... and that's an issue for FF 

Yes it's annoying, but quite honestly, he's the only striker who does enough to demand a place in the side. 

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Yes it's annoying, but quite honestly, he's the only striker who does enough to demand a place in the side. 

You can't doubt the blokes quality, and I'm not about to slate him , but i think it's the easy option to say 'who partners FF'

i think at times were oblivious to his weaknesses, look at the attitude on him when CC subbed him off the other week 

there's a reason why he regularly warmed the bench at Watford 

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

You can't doubt the blokes quality, and I'm not about to slate him , but i think it's the easy option to say 'who partners FF'

i think at times were oblivious to his weaknesses, look at the attitude on him when CC subbed him off the other week 

there's a reason why he regularly warmed the bench at Watford 

Great player, wrong position.

Our success this season depends on how long, if ever, it takes Carlos to see what nearly everyone else sees.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Great player, wrong position.

Our success this season depends on how long, if ever, it takes Carlos to see what nearly everyone else sees.

I think this whole season has been a massive drama about FF and where he should play, what he's happy with , what he's not happy with and CC hasn't been strong enough to deal with it 

Rhodes and Winnall should be our front two, will we go with it ?  Doubtful because FF has to fit in somewhere and is he happy to play out wide ?

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

I think this whole season has been a massive drama about FF and where he should play, what he's happy with , what he's not happy with and CC hasn't been strong enough to deal with it 

Rhodes and Winnall should be our front two, will we go with it ?  Doubtful because FF has to fit in somewhere and is he happy to play out wide ?

Cant care less where he wants to play. 

No-one scores when he is their partner, and he doesn't score nearly enough to cover that deficiency.

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Cant care less where he wants to play. 

No-one scores when he is their partner, and he doesn't score nearly enough to cover that deficiency.

Agree 100%