FAO Carlos out Brigade

5 minutes ago, Hotten Owl said:

Quick summary of carlos' time at wednesday. 

Arrives. Nobheads: never heard of him.

transforms football style. Nobheads : we keep giving the ball away. 

New style starts to gel. Nobheads: err... 

Lose a couple of games to top end sides. Nobheads: we can't beat the top teams playing passing football. 

Get to play offs. Nobheads: err. ..

Lose in play off final. Nobheads: too soft need better players.

Signs better players. Nobheads: but we need a big bloke in centre mid. 

Gets team comfortably in playoffs while beating top sides: nobheads: the football is boring. Carlos out.

Name a manager to bring in. Nobheads: err.

Aye, 'appen Mr Wilks.

How's Hotten these days?

:manager:

3 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

I think the tactical failings have been overstated but you have to question the type of players that have come in.

We were desperate for raw pace up front and a championship proven 3rd centre back- neither happened. In addition to the problems at full back. Watched Nsue for Brum on friday night- no world beater but always offers an option and is technically decent.

The loss of Lees and Lee were a big blow. Lee is so difficult to replace.

We attempted to sign several CB, other clubs refused to sell or we were beaten on price e.g. Hanley, what would've happened if we'd bettered Toons bid and got him?

In all fairness, I doubt you've seen Nsue regularly, one match mid Feb is not enough to form a valid opinion on buying a player

Besides unless we'd got an outstanding CB he'd have been 3rd or 4th choice behind our captain Loovens, Lees and Hutch.

In January we have signed a proven Championship goalscorer, arguably the best in the division. Does that answer your question on the type of players that have come in?

We have brought in quality, some are still to show it for us but nobody can say that each player we've brought in is not quality 

28 minutes ago, Hotten Owl said:

Quick summary of carlos' time at wednesday. 

Arrives. Nobheads: never heard of him.

transforms football style. Nobheads : we keep giving the ball away. 

New style starts to gel. Nobheads: err... 

Lose a couple of games to top end sides. Nobheads: we can't beat the top teams playing passing football. 

Get to play offs. Nobheads: err. ..

Lose in play off final. Nobheads: too soft need better players.

Signs better players. Nobheads: but we need a big bloke in centre mid. 

Gets team comfortably in playoffs while beating top sides: nobheads: the football is boring. Carlos out.

Name a manager to bring in. Nobheads: err.

How would you say Wednesday's squad compared with that of Leeds, 'Udders and Reading? I'd say favourably. So if those three haven't got better players than us, then the only logical conclusion is that they have better managers. QED.

3 hours ago, S_W_F_C said:

Sorry mate but how on earth could this get any worse than what we've seen in 34 games? 

Ive not walked out of Hillsborough once yet and felt I've watched anything coming close to entertainment.

Have you been in a coma or supporting Barcelona for the last 20 years?

3 hours ago, S_W_F_C said:

What you'd actually carry on with him if we finished 7th. I'm renewing my season ticket based on two scenarios 

1. We are in the prem or

2. We start next season with a new manager 

Either of the above better happen 

I don't care if you renew your season ticket or not. Neither does anyone else including Carlos or Chansiri because your views are those of a reactionary spoilt child.

We're not in 7th are we? We're odds on to finish top 6, and even if we did finish 7th, would you expect to be sacked if you slightly underperformed in your job? 

yes I would probably unless the players turn on him or there was a very good manager available that would likely do a better job than Carlos. People were shouting for Steve Bruce a few month ago. Great job at Villa he's doing.. 

4 minutes ago, robswfc said:

I don't care if you renew your season ticket or not. Neither does anyone else including Carlos or Chansiri because your views are those of a reactionary spoilt child.

We're not in 7th are we? We're odds on to finish top 6, and even if we did finish 7th, would you expect to be sacked if you slightly underperformed in your job? 

yes I would probably unless the players turn on him or there was a very good manager available that would likely do a better job than Carlos. People were shouting for Steve Bruce a few month ago. Great job at Villa he's doing.. 

Interesting question that, and it can be interpreted in different ways. Supposing your boss told you that your remit is to achieve a top six finish, backs you to the hilt to achieve it, watches several expensive playing commodities being bought then shoved on the sidelines without being used, sees the quality of the product becoming increasingly worse and then, after all of that, you still fail to meet your initial target, would you be surprised if your boss thought it was time for a change?

3 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

We attempted to sign several CB, other clubs refused to sell or we were beaten on price e.g. Hanley, what would've happened if we'd bettered Toons bid and got him?

In all fairness, I doubt you've seen Nsue regularly, one match mid Feb is not enough to form a valid opinion on buying a player

Besides unless we'd got an outstanding CB he'd have been 3rd or 4th choice behind our captain Loovens, Lees and Hutch.

In January we have signed a proven Championship goalscorer, arguably the best in the division. Does that answer your question on the type of players that have come in?

We have brought in quality, some are still to show it for us but nobody can say that each player we've brought in is not quality 

Well no not really. Im talking 'type' as in attributes in a player.  We can buy 30 great championship players but if they dont have a good spread of attributes we aren't going to get promoted. There is no question we needed pace and power up top and an attacking full back who doesn't put 9 out of 10 crosses into row z.  

I take your point on the centre backs, maybe we were just unlucky or dodged a bullet

7 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

10 defeats this season

10 defeat in the whole of last season

Despite spending over 20 million

Carlos is backing himself into a corner

We're not only club spending lots of money in this league. Some have spent far more and are nowhere near play offs. 

2 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

Interesting question that, and it can be interpreted in different ways. Supposing your boss told you that your remit is to achieve a top six finish, backs you to the hilt to achieve it, watches several expensive playing commodities being bought then shoved on the sidelines without being used, sees the quality of the product becoming increasingly worse and then, after all of that, you still fail to meet your initial target, would you be surprised if your boss thought it was time for a change?

Which expensive commodities have been bought and 'shoved on the sidelines', not counting Abdi who has been injured?

16 minutes ago, robswfc said:

Which expensive commodities have been bought and 'shoved on the sidelines', not counting Abdi who has been injured?

I believe two of them played for the U23 team the other night (not expensive in terms of a fee but picking up a wage). I thought Buckley had gone back but it appears that the club is now paying wages to Matias (perennial injury), Buckley and now we have McManaman (who is just starting to poke his nose into the first team). We eventually off loaded a few other signings like Sougou who was brought in but hardly played and then there is mystery man Urby (who despite being signed is now presumably 4th choice LB). There are probably more on top.

I understand the arguments made and have justified my support for Carlos using the same.  However my view has changed, we are underachieving, the football does not meet the brief set hy DC and his tactical mindset is too reactive. 

I think a change will be made in the summer. 

This thread and topic is so remanisant of the last 6 months of the Jones era, it started off with a few saying he wasn't doing it and them then having their heads ripped off by the "but he got us promotion" clan but slowly those "out" voices got larger in quantity and louder yet Jones didn't change his style he just kept making more and more cringeworthy excuses, after all good managers don't change overnight - or do they?

Ultimately Jones didn't improve and he went, the same will happen to Carlos because he too refuses to change...

The only difference this time is that we are at the other end of the table and rather than dropping into the relegation zone we are in danger of dropping out of a play off spot, it just shows how far we have come under Mr Chansiri, Milan was a big supporter of DJ and ultimately took the tough decision, Mr C will have to do the same at some point.

The first cut is often the cleanest.. 

My personal opinion on CC is that he's lost the plot. The squad is way too big we have players of the ilk of Urby, Buckley, Macca, Abdi,Jones and Winnall etc reduced to bit part players while he persists with his favourites like Bannan and Wallace " how embarrassing was that dive " btw.I like Carlos but with the amount of money invested into the playing side of the club we really should be doing better than 6th position in the second tier and don't even get me started on the terrible tactics and baffling substitutions, if he doesn't sort it out he will be gone.

I have always supported Carlos and what he has done for the team but my support did waver yesterday when I saw those substitutions. Losing 1-0 he destroys the confidence of Rhodes and replaces him with Fletcher. The changes were never going to make a better outcome than those already on the pitch. Putting Winnall on to give Rhodes a bit of positive support would surely have been better.

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

I believe two of them played for the U23 team the other night (not expensive in terms of a fee but picking up a wage). I thought Buckley had gone back but it appears that the club is now paying wages to Matias (perennial injury), Buckley and now we have McManaman (who is just starting to poke his nose into the first team). We eventually off loaded a few other signings like Sougou who was brought in but hardly played and then there is mystery man Urby (who despite being signed is now presumably 4th choice LB). There are probably more on top.

By your logic then we should have a 16 man squad with a few players extra to cover injuries and reserves on peanuts?