FAO Carlos out Brigade

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

Carlos has taken us where he should have taken us, with the money spent and the squad made available to him. He's now teetering on underachieving with same said resources.

Lets stop the sentimental clap trap and be honest with ourselves for once.

Overachieved last year. This year if we finish in playoffs will be par for the money spent. If we finished 7th then it's an underachievement, sure, but I'm not sure it's one that would warrant sacking him

1 minute ago, robswfc said:

Overachieved last year. This year if we finish in playoffs will be par for the money spent. If we finished 7th then it's an underachievement, sure, but I'm not sure it's one that would warrant sacking him

Good call,but i'm of the opinion that there is nothing to warrant him being sacked period.

4 minutes ago, robswfc said:

Like I said. Teetering on underachieving.

I'm not so sure that this football is what Mr Chansiri will have envisaged when he appointed Carlos. The brief was, promotion, but also entertaining football When we are employing people to look at new ways of attracting fans to Hillsborough, this style of football is rather shooting ourselves in the foot

10 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

What you'd actually carry on with him if we finished 7th. I'm renewing my season ticket based on two scenarios 

1. We are in the prem or

2. We start next season with a new manager 

Either of the above better happen 

No fan is in a position to demand anything.

7 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

There is no demand in his post. He is exercising his own personal choice. Just like if you don't like the food in a restaurant, you have the choice not to go back. The poster doesn't like the product as it is now and is perfectly within his own prerogative not to pay for more of the same.

All these people quoting the same defeats as the whole of last season are missing the point. Its about wins-we will win more than last season for sure and thats an improvement.

If you want Carlos out for style of play or under using the resources available then fair enough, but dont start spouting pointless stats about games lost compared to last season. The bottom line is points gained....end of

14 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Market_(economics)

The demand is for attractive, entertaining football and/or a promotion to the Premier League. SWFC is, primarily, a business. If it doesn't meet the demands of consumers it risks losing money. That football clubs typically have an extremely loyal customer base in no way changes this fact.

8 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

There is no demand in his post. He is exercising his own personal choice. Just like if you don't like the food in a restaurant, you have the choice not to go back. The poster doesn't like the product as it is now and is perfectly within his own prerogative not to pay for more of the same.

There is a demand in his post, with an implication of consequences (loss of revenue). There's nothing wrong with either.

11 minutes ago, new zealand owl said:

All these people quoting the same defeats as the whole of last season are missing the point. Its about wins-we will win more than last season for sure and thats an improvement.

If you want Carlos out for style of play or under using the resources available then fair enough, but dont start spouting pointless stats about games lost compared to last season. The bottom line is points gained....end of

I disagree. It's not about points gained when you're the most expensive club in the Championship.

I don't mind losing as long as we're entertained. But we're not. 

Points gained so far x enjoyment = 0

36 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

What you'd actually carry on with him if we finished 7th. I'm renewing my season ticket based on two scenarios 

1. We are in the prem or

2. We start next season with a new manager 

Either of the above better happen 

Glory hunter :ghoulguy: 

I bought a 3 and I'll continue buying em until my last breath. Wednesday were in the 3rd when I first attended in the 70s, I'll be there whatever. 

I've seen no other possible candidate I'd want over Carlos. Admittedly the games aren't matching the excitement of last season but we will make the playoffs and I'm not worried one bit about our opposition over 2 legs.

3 minutes ago, Furious George said:

I disagree. It's not about points gained when you're the most expensive club in the Championship.

I don't mind losing as long as we're entertained. But we're not. 

Points gained so far x enjoyment = 0

And your point is a fair one in isolation.  I just wish people wouldnt start tagging these stats as a reason to get rid of carlos. Sack him for poor recruitment, lack of entertainment and tactical ambition...yes but not for 'losing more than last season' when our points tally is higher.

Just now, new zealand owl said:

And your point is a fair one in isolation.  I just wish people wouldnt start tagging these stats as a reason to get rid of carlos. Sack him for poor recruitment, lack of entertainment and tactical ambition...yes but not for 'losing more than last season' when our points tally is higher.

I get that. What I don't understand is what's changed so much this season to last.

Carlos' fault?

Maybe not. But something has really gone wrong, with better players.

3 minutes ago, Furious George said:

I get that. What I don't understand is what's changed so much this season to last.

Carlos' fault?

Football is so easy. Why did Leicester win the title last season? Why hasn't Wenger won it for over 10yrs?  Why haven't Liverpool won it since the 80s when they were the dominant force?

How long have Brighton been trying to get out of the league? Could say the same for Derby and QPR who have spent a fair old bundle in their time.

Some of our fans have such a high sense of importance that we should be running away with the league after our shock play-off appearances last season. There are no guarantees in football and they should hold back a little in their tantrums

33 minutes ago, adifferentgame said:

There is a demand in his post, with an implication of consequences (loss of revenue). There's nothing wrong with either.

It is a precondition rather than a demand. The poster is say "Only if .......... then ...........". That is setting a precondition based on his own personal choice whereas a demand would be "They had better ............. or else". Subtle but clear difference.

Anyhow, forget grammar teaching, get back to the footie.

lol

Quick summary of carlos' time at wednesday. 

Arrives. Nobheads: never heard of him.

transforms football style. Nobheads : we keep giving the ball away. 

New style starts to gel. Nobheads: err... 

Lose a couple of games to top end sides. Nobheads: we can't beat the top teams playing passing football. 

Get to play offs. Nobheads: err. ..

Lose in play off final. Nobheads: too soft need better players.

Signs better players. Nobheads: but we need a big bloke in centre mid. 

Gets team comfortably in playoffs while beating top sides: nobheads: the football is boring. Carlos out.

Name a manager to bring in. Nobheads: err.

7 minutes ago, Furious George said:

Carlos' fault?

I think the tactical failings have been overstated but you have to question the type of players that have come in.

We were desperate for raw pace up front and a championship proven 3rd centre back- neither happened. In addition to the problems at full back. Watched Nsue for Brum on friday night- no world beater but always offers an option and is technically decent.

The loss of Lees and Lee were a big blow. Lee is so difficult to replace.