WAKE UP

I WOKE UP this morning. Then I headed off to work with no coverage from the match apart from my buddy sending me score updates.:wacko:

Whilst I was slogging my guts out creating really tasty and affordable meals for the masses , I was thinking, " when I get home and log on to OWLSTALK I'm hopeing to hear that the style of our play hasn't changed but we won from one of the decent attempts that we created", Nice scenario for my working day.

But at the back of my mind I had this other unbearable thought that maybe, just maybe I come on here and find meltdown cos we've been given a footballing lesson and lost 5-0, Not such a nice scenario.

Never once all day did I think ; well maybe, just maybe we are 2 teams of different abilities but probably the same prospects of being in the playoffs together. However, these two teams played dogger all match and one won it from a defensive mistake gifted to one of the top strikers in the division ,  whilst the other team missed a penalty taken by their most expensive loan signing. Dogger football or not it seems to have been a very close contest which either team could have won. I can live with that as I.ve had to for many, many years. It can take years to build a club back to what it used to be so at the moment my "whelmometer" is meh.

I'm absolutely under the moon, deader than a sick parrot and really don't feel like going out for a gargle tonight ; all because we lost to the whitey , whiney weeds.

But there seems to be a very, very vocal minority on here who cannot either see or accept that it does take time to build a club.. I think these are the "I want it all, I want it NOW!! brigade. Or maybe some of the lads who followed blindly home and away and just got into the habit of moaning after almost every match. Don't worry lads. You'll soon have something to cheer about again.

But hey ho, I;ve got a day off tomorrow so I can sit and watch the whole match and make my own judgement. Then on Monday morning , probably with an outstandingly heavy hangover , I will go to work and will spend my day thinking summat like ; Well, we play Norwich next so hopefully we put them on the back foot from the off and manage a couple or four goals against 'em.

Anyone got any good ideas for a really special seafood dish for me to put on my menu on Monday ??  I'll be so smashed my brain won't be functioning.

See yas all next week lads. lol 

2 minutes ago, cognacbarnowl said:

I WOKE UP this morning. Then I headed off to work with no coverage from the match apart from my buddy sending me score updates.:wacko:

Whilst I was slogging my guts out creating really tasty and affordable meals for the masses , I was thinking, " when I get home and log on to OWLSTALK I'm hopeing to hear that the style of our play hasn't changed but we won from one of the decent attempts that we created", Nice scenario for my working day.

But at the back of my mind I had this other unbearable thought that maybe, just maybe I come on here and find meltdown cos we've been given a footballing lesson and lost 5-0, Not such a nice scenario.

Never once all day did I think ; well maybe, just maybe we are 2 teams of different abilities but probably the same prospects of being in the playoffs together. However, these two teams played dogger all match and one won it from a defensive mistake gifted to one of the top strikers in the division ,  whilst the other team missed a penalty taken by their most expensive loan signing. Dogger football or not it seems to have been a very close contest which either team could have won. I can live with that as I.ve had to for many, many years. It can take years to build a club back to what it used to be so at the moment my "whelmometer" is meh.

I'm absolutely under the moon, deader than a sick parrot and really don't feel like going out for a gargle tonight ; all because we lost to the whitey , whiney weeds.

But there seems to be a very, very vocal minority on here who cannot either see or accept that it does take time to build a club.. I think these are the "I want it all, I want it NOW!! brigade. Or maybe some of the lads who followed blindly home and away and just got into the habit of moaning after almost every match. Don't worry lads. You'll soon have something to cheer about again.

But hey ho, I;ve got a day off tomorrow so I can sit and watch the whole match and make my own judgement. Then on Monday morning , probably with an outstandingly heavy hangover , I will go to work and will spend my day thinking summat like ; Well, we play Norwich next so hopefully we put them on the back foot from the off and manage a couple or four goals against 'em.

Anyone got any good ideas for a really special seafood dish for me to put on my menu on Monday ??  I'll be so smashed my brain won't be functioning.

Too many words, din't read it.

8 hours ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Shell on crab madras.

8 hours ago, cognacbarnowl said:

Great post, all makes sense to me. With regards the fish dish, I absolutely love a good fish pie (don't forget the soft boiled eggs).

keep up the good work.