Mcmanaman

In the games he has appeared as sub, he has given us more drive in the attacking third.

We seem to have a game plan of get to half time without conceeding then as the game goes on, get more attacking

Last season we just went for the kill from the off

12 hours ago, Dot said:

he's done jack bobbar since he's been here that's why he doesn't get a start

Maybe you know 'jack bobbar' about football then:

Ross wallace has played 2144 mins with 4 assists (2 or 3 are probably from set pieces) so an assist every 6 games,or 12 or so games in open play, very average at best.

Macca has played 194 mins with 2 open play assists (nearly 1 assist per game, a very high rate in football, most people with even basic understanding of football would agree).

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/74885/Show/Callum-McManaman

So if macca has done 'jack bobbar' what do you think wallace has done to supply goals for the strikers?

Reach has a similar record to wallace too so maybe play 1 or the other, but certainly not both and macca on his favoured right side to actually cross it and offer a threat.

Playing reach and wallace is over defensive, negative, reeks of favouritism, produces dull football that will not get us promoted and will get cc sacked imo.

The stats speak for themselves and having seen your other 'contributions' in this thread i wont be adding anything further due to only living once lol 

Edited by Ash77

2 hours ago, Owlinmad said:

A "good ball into the box" very rarely comes from a winger getting to the byline. That's is why many teams play the wrong footed wide man on the flanks.

He can play left or right but looks more natural on right imo. 

It depends on the player, some cut in well and play thru balls or shoot, pacier players can stretch teams and create space in the middle.

Balance is probably key but we lack width and pace imo so dont stretch teams and score enough goals.

When teams play narrow and defensive and arent stretched, its very hard to thread balls through the middle with little or no space so you cant expect to score many goals

as an ex striker there was nothing better than being provided with a ball whipped in from the byline i could attack  it was meat and drink to me and always produced results most just needed deflecting goalwards and the job was done , tbh i can't see why this is a problem nowadays , this cutting in buisness coupled with a ball into the box or a shot leaves the striker not knowing what to do for the best ie attack the ball or stand off ,if you get my drift , take winnalls goal the other week ,  a superb whipped in cross from hunt (yes it was a bit deeper) and an absolute peach of a finish , this in entirety left the defence flat footed and that is such as our strikers need, but there you go said my bit , means knowt but it's another dimention to the argument  but if Macnamanan  can do this then to me it should be encouraged as we will score more  i feel than we are at present

7 hours ago, Ash77 said:

Maybe you know 'jack bobbar' about football then:

Ross wallace has played 2144 mins with 4 assists (2 or 3 are probably from set pieces) so an assist every 6 games,or 12 or so games in open play, very average at best.

Macca has played 194 mins with 2 open play assists (nearly 1 assist per game, a very high rate in football, most people with even basic understanding of football would agree).

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/74885/Show/Callum-McManaman

So if macca has done 'jack bobbar' what do you think wallace has done to supply goals for the strikers?

Reach has a similar record to wallace too so maybe play 1 or the other, but certainly not both and macca on his favoured right side to actually cross it and offer a threat.

Playing reach and wallace is over defensive, negative, reeks of favouritism, produces dull football that will not get us promoted and will get cc sacked imo.

The stats speak for themselves and having seen your other 'contributions' in this thread i wont be adding anything further due to only living once lol 

Finally some facts. Makes the 'he's done jack bobbar' comment look a bit daft too. Lets be completely honest here and admit he really hasn't had much chance to show what he can do. Same situation as with Abdi. Amazingly now Abdi has been given the chance he's proving his worth. 

McManaman at Championship level is a class act:

He's a natural winger

His ball control is excellent

He can turn both ways

He can run with the ball

He can cross the ball

He can go past players

He keeps posession

He's got bottle and not intimidated by anyone

He must be gobsmacked that he doesn't get a start.  20 minutes isn't enough, he needs to start.  I don't care about his reputation, he's come here to play football.  He'd be my third pick after Forestieri and Hutch.

Enough said