Money the root of all our problems?

Guest mrbluesky

Guest mrbluesky

Well some of it, last season it`s fair to say the togetherness of the players was second to none and managing them was maybe a lot easier as we were a band of `not quite good enough for the Premiership` and `bargains` yeah we had loan players but that`s exactly what they were at the time,all on very similar wages though,this season it started with FF having a hissy fit, it appears his demands were met in some shape/way or form, then we start to sign players on big wages with possibly big egos? add to that the levels in wages in the team must go from around 12K up to 75K (roughly) yeah clubs have this same problem but Carlos has probably got the best budget since he started management so could be a man management problem?

Is it just coincidence that BB form has dropped and a lot of fans (not personally) thinking Kieron Lee had a drop in form and should have been dropped before he had his op,Tom Lees has come in for some grief this season as well(yeah he`s had an improved contract).

Yeah people will say it has nothing to do with it but how can you go from the flare of last season to the dross being served up now? especially when CC himself said he plays football the right way by attacking and scoring goals and at no point do I think teams have `sussed us out`

We have literally regressed this season on the pitch,obviously if we were top two everyone`s happy/ier in the squad and confidence would be high but now the top two is nigh on unachievable have their heads dropped and a bit of negativity has devolved in their mindset?  

For me it isn`t a hangover from last season as we would`nt be where we are now we`d be lower down in my opinion,I just think part of CC`s problems are a lot different to last season.

Carlos changing our style of play, not playing players in their correct positions, playing players woefully out of form, not playing players who should be given a chance, buying pointless players (Urby etc etc), only playing 45 mins of every game. These are the route of our problems not money.

And to be honest, DC now needs to step in and make a point of all of the above.

Guest mrbluesky
7 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

I think no plan B is the root of our problems

1 minute ago, WayneTheOwl said:

Carlos changing our style of play, not playing players in their correct positions, playing players woefully out of form, not playing players who should be given a chance, buying pointless players (Urby etc etc), only playing 45 mins of every game. These are the route of our problems not money.

And to be honest, DC now needs to step in and make a point of all of the above.

HOOTIE I think the plan B is a myth as in you set up differently for every team hence plans being different every time, but I do see your point.

WTO yep you may be right,I did say "some of it" in my post,I just think there`s more to it,I may be wrong like I say but to have gone this far back with regards to our football in the space of months is mystifying and I can only put it down to a change in personnel.  

3 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

HOOTIE I think the plan B is a myth as in you set up differently for every team hence plans being different every time, but I do see your point.

WTO yep you may be right,I did say "some of it" in my post,I just think there`s more to it,I may be wrong like I say but to have gone this far back with regards to our football in the space of months is mystifying and I can only put it down to a change in personnel.  

We play the same way every game

The rest of the division have found us out

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest mrbluesky
1 minute ago, vulva said:

Our problems started when FF refused to get on that bus. 

Totally agree vulva I too think this was the beginning he`s still not the same player for me.

Guest mrbluesky
1 minute ago, bradowl said:

Our plan is to score more goals than our opponents. 

Simple really. :manager:

Not at the moment as all the windows and doors are open!!lol

No one can serve two masters...both God and money. Could easily say money/greed is the root of all problems. Read the Times article today about Ranieri sacking and now apparently Vardy had a hand in it as well. If their team spirit can evaporate so can ours. Too big a squad, too many egos, too much money. Oh for the free abandon of last season and lack of expectation. Now we all expect.

Team spirit and togetherness has to be the number one priority in any team sport. 

Nobody has been successful without it. 

Its clear that has disappeared this season.

i too believe money is to blame and when we don't go up this season I do worry next won't be any better.

Not sure a change in manager will do anything to change it either

we all have different  opinions on why we are more successful than last season whilst not playing as well but I cant see why anyone would question the togetherness or spirit of the team no matter which 11 turn out ....the fact they battle to the end ,I doubt any side as scored as many 90th minute goals as we have and sides with no fight or spirit dont tend to do that .