Carlos out of his depth?

Yet another thread, but is he?

He has a fantastic squad at his disposal, but just doesn't know how to get the best out of them! He has chopped and changed all season and doesn't know his best 11. I feel bad for Chansiri because he has really backed him. 

He he is in total denial about his tactics and starting slowly hasn't just been a problem the last few weeks, but all season and even last season when we were playing better. We are far too defensive and it is absolutely shocking spending that kind of money on Rhodes to not try and play in a style that creates loads of chances for him.

His reluctance to drop his favourites from last season is killing us. Wallace is just not good enough, said it for months, a couple of good goals aside, he offers hardly anything. Why sign someone with Mcmanaman ability to sit him on the bench? He would cause havoc for most teams down that right side, and would actually create more for our forwards! Bannan is another for me, been dreadful all season, finally dropped today, but you can guarantee he will be back in next week and Abdi will be out. Dreadful substitution bringing him on today, but you just know Carlos was itching to do so.

I really like Carlos, but I really think he needs a total re-think or he needs to step aside.

12 games to go so we must get behind him and the team. Plenty of time for recriminations in the summer should we fail. DC gave Stu Gray a few months to turn around turgid performances. He didn't. Carlos is effectively on notice to deliver. If he does, he will have pulled off a tactical masterstroke over the whole season. If, as currentlyseems likely the season ends in a damp squib and failure, he's a gonna. Until then I'm going to support him and the team

this time 2 years ago we had just been beaten by Bolton and Ipswich

18 months of Carlos and we are in the play offs two seasons running

some people really need to pack it in with this sense of entitlement

Just now, BRADDO said:

12 games to go so we must get behind him and the team. Plenty of time for recriminations in the summer should we fail. DC gave Stu Gray a few months to turn around turgid performances. He didn't. Carlos is effectively on notice to deliver. If he does, he will have pulled off a tactical masterstroke over the whole season. If, as currentlyseems likely the season ends in a damp squib and failure, he's a gonna. Until then I'm going to support him and the team

^^^^^^^^

Hallelujah

Some fans ( ever growing minority) will be the architects of our downfall given the chance.

constantly spouting their negativity. Its bound to brush off on the players/coaching staff

some of the vitriol heard today at Leeds was disgusting.

Anyone would think we were in the bottom 6 not the top 6

2 minutes ago, Dot said:

This time 2 years ago we hadn't spunked north of 20m of quality players that are not being used properly.

Just now, Dot said:

Some people need to realise it's all relative. If Carlos had the budget Stuart Gray had I'd be thinking he is working wonders. He has the biggest budget of any manager in recent history. 

With that comes increased expectations, it is totally tinpot, to just sit and say oh but look where we were. We aren't in that place anymore. We have an owner is splashing big cash and a manager who is not getting the best out of his team. He is paid good money, he is rightly so under pressure. 

20 minutes ago, Think tank said:

Yet another thread, but is he?

He has a fantastic squad at his disposal, but just doesn't know how to get the best out of them! He has chopped and changed all season and doesn't know his best 11. I feel bad for Chansiri because he has really backed him. 

He he is in total denial about his tactics and starting slowly hasn't just been a problem the last few weeks, but all season and even last season when we were playing better. We are far too defensive and it is absolutely shocking spending that kind of money on Rhodes to not try and play in a style that creates loads of chances for him.

His reluctance to drop his favourites from last season is killing us. Wallace is just not good enough, said it for months, a couple of good goals aside, he offers hardly anything. Why sign someone with Mcmanaman ability to sit him on the bench? He would cause havoc for most teams down that right side, and would actually create more for our forwards! Bannan is another for me, been dreadful all season, finally dropped today, but you can guarantee he will be back in next week and Abdi will be out. Dreadful substitution bringing him on today, but you just know Carlos was itching to do so.

I really like Carlos, but I really think he needs a total re-think or he needs to step aside.

I was thinking of making a thread, but after reading this, there's no point. 

You've wrote down my thoughts almost word for word.

I agree entirely with everything you've written. 

Why can't he see it?

Are there things happening behind the scenes we don't know about?

It's absolutely baffling. 

5 minutes ago, ANDY said:

^^^^^^^^

Hallelujah

Some fans ( ever growing minority) will be the architects of our downfall given the chance.

constantly spouting their negativity. Its bound to brush off on the players/coaching staff

some of the vitriol heard today at Leeds was disgusting.

Anyone would think we were in the bottom 6 not the top 6

If we was 2nd they'd still be some complaining that we're not top. 

I think he should be judged at the end of the season.

But he has started to show characteristics of a previous manager:

- Very cautious approach, very little expression from players in their positions

- Central midfield players played on the wing

- A number of good strikers but not getting the best from them.

- Dismissive of media when questioned on football tactics, as if they are not qualified. 

To be fair to Carlos we were too open at the start of the season and it was Blackburn away where we finally ground out a win and seemed to find a successful formula. I can see why he has stuck to that on the road and we didn't deserve to lose today, a bit of pace on the counter would seem a wise idea though (to us mere mortals). At home we could be a lot more imposing.

If we get wins then style and tactics can't be criticised and whenever we lose things will be picked at regardless. But I do think Carlos has been quite blinkered in his approach to some things such as central defence, his midfielders and the Karanka style "see where we are at HT and decide whether we go for it", he obviously believes he is right but he will be judged at the end of the season.

1 minute ago, Dot said:

must just be me then who is happy to be in a play off spot

We're all happy to be in the play off positions. But we're not happy with the way we're playing. If things don't improve, would you honestly be optimistic that we could even make the final?