Where the problem lies...

38 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

So are you saying that as long as we get the same points total as last season, we will be okay?

Last season has no bearing on this season, last season isn't a berometre on how we will do this season

The signs are there if only you will look

We have spent 25 million on players this season, do you think this season's team looks 25 million better than last season?

We're scrapping wins

We're losing home games to Brentford and Ipswich

We have the most prolific striker the Championship has seen over the last 4 or 5 seasons, yet we are feeding him scraps

We are losing 1-0, and we need a goal, so we substitute the Championships most consistant scorer

To rub salt into the wound, we have a goalscorer on the bench called Winnall, we chose to bring on Fletcher who couldn't score in Roxy's

And don't get me started on the centre half debacle

Last season definitely is a barometer on how we'll do this season. It's a perfect template on what we have to do to finish 6th.

So far we're just about hanging in, but have to agree the performances this season are giving us all the jitters.

5 wins from 12 is now the minimum we need. Can we do it? Yes, but we the fans have to give MAXIMUM vocal support in the remaining home games. It's in our hands to drive the team on to do it this time.

2 hours ago, Muffin Owl said:

Last season definitely is a barometer on how we'll do this season. It's a perfect template on what we have to do to finish 6th.

So far we're just about hanging in, but have to agree the performances this season are giving us all the jitters.

5 wins from 12 is now the minimum we need. Can we do it? Yes, but we the fans have to give MAXIMUM vocal support in the remaining home games. It's in our hands to drive the team on to do it this time.

Fulham are 5 points behind us with a game in hand

If we get the 5 wins you say we need

And Fulham get 8 wins from they're remaining games, do you still think we will finish 6th

We're not competing against last season's template

We're competing with the teams below 6th place

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

3 hours ago, richowl said:

We're missing Lee big time.

This is the problem any player out of the team is the one we are missing 

Mcmanaman abdi hooper lees or whoever we as fans don't know our best team unfortunately neither it seems does Carlos 

7 minutes ago, jamiejohn said:

This is the problem any player out of the team is the one we are missing 

Mcmanaman abdi hooper lees or whoever we as fans don't know our best team unfortunately neither it seems does Carlos 

I can see what your saying, but i think the situation is different when it comes to Keiren Lee , he's quite simply the first name on our team sheet when fit and anyone with an ounce of knowledge knows he's one of if not the best central midfielders in this division 

3 hours ago, bradowl said:

I think our biggest problem is midfielder not giving enough support to front two. A number of times a ball is played in from wide positions and there's only one player in box. 

Midfielder should be busting a gut to get in that box as soon as they see Wallace, Reach or McManaman out wide with ball. 

Some fans are saying crosses are poor but if there's only Rhodes and 3 defenders along side him he's unlikely to get on end of a cross. 

Been saying this since last summer... no legs in midfield.  We lack a runner in midfield, both with the ball and without.  Everybody remember back to Carlton in the early 90's.  He would take off on a run into the channels.  Sometimes he would get the ball played to him, hold it up, roll it to someone else and we would be 30 yards further up the pitch.  Even when he didn't get the ball, he would drag an oppositions marker with him and we could exploit the space.  Thats what Kieran Lee does for us, although, I will admit, I thought we needed someone better than Lee at the start of the season for that role.

Its absolutely imperative to get a midfielder joining the attack.  You have to make their midfield turn and run back toward their own goal.  How many times today did any of our central midfielders get beyond the strikers?  Look at what happened against Bristol and Birmingham when Reach got beyond the strikers in a central area...3 goals.  Problem is we don't have a midfielder on the books who is box to box outside of Kieran Lee.  So if that is the case, then we have to switch formation to position a player further forward. 

I have no problem with Hutch playing a deep defensive midfield role.  All teams need insurance, he's ours.  It is wholly unfair to ask Bannan or Abdi to fulfill the box to box role, its not their game.  So change the formation and position them further forward.