jordan rhodes

As good as Rhodes is, and it's proven so I'm not even going to argue the case 

if we don't play to his strengths he won't score goals, it's really that simple 

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Rhodes has only ever been part of a successful side, at Boro, and that was only briefly He generally scores goals, but maybe his lack of team play, is the reason his goals rarely amount to anything

Think this is nail on head.

Guest RocketOwl
2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

You really have it in for JR dont you. I suppose if he scores you will still not be satisfied. Give him time to settle in get match fit and get Carlos to play the right support to get the best out of him. Are you ever pleased about anything. 

Good night.

What is the matter with some of you softies l????

We have a number of strikers. If one of them is struggling and only scores 1 in 6 then I don't expect to have to wait much longer before we give another a chance. Not many other strikers at our club will get 6 games In a row to get better.

Bet Joao is looking on and looking at Rhodes performances and wishing he had been granted 6 starts to get a run going.

If he scores I'll be as pleased as anyone but I've seen absolutely nothing from him to suggest he's declining.

4 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

What is the matter with some of you softies l????

We have a number of strikers. If one of them is struggling and only scores 1 in 6 then I don't expect to have to wait much longer before we give another a chance. Not many other strikers at our club will get 6 games In a row to get better.

Bet Joao is looking on and looking at Rhodes performances and wishing he had been granted 6 starts to get a run going.

If he scores I'll be as pleased as anyone but I've seen absolutely nothing from him to suggest he's declining.

To get 6 starts and a run in a side you have to show that your something like a half decent footballer at this level and quite honestly , Lucas Joao isn't 

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, Royal_D said:

To get 6 starts and a run in a side you have to show that your something like a half decent footballer at this level and quite honestly , Lucas Joao isn't 

My conclusion thus far is Rhodes is being giving a HUGE benefit of the doubt for his ability in the PAST.

Just now, RocketOwl said:

My conclusion thus far is Rhodes is being giving a HUGE benefit of the doubt for his ability in the PAST.

When you have scored as many goals at this level as he has, I'm quite happy for him to have that benefit 

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, Royal_D said:

When you have scored as many goals at this level as he has, I'm quite happy for him to have that benefit 

So should we sign Rickie Lambert?

Just now, RocketOwl said:

So should we sign Rickie Lambert?

No, because Rickie Lambert is 35yrs old , long past his best and to be fair probably scored most of his goals at league one level 

3 hours ago, A12owl said:

Thats not the one i meant. The sky stats showed goals scored when playing as part of a 2 against goals scored when a loan striker . Anybody get a screen shot from the game.

No but this is it

10 from 33 as lone striker ( goal every 278 minutes)

26 from 52 in 442 ( goal every 174 minutes)