Hutchinson is the problem

1 minute ago, modboy said:

Cracking player but again today we were useless in CM 

Time to play him at CB and become relevant in the centre of the park again imo. We are so predictable it's depressing 

So who's providing the bite in midfield?

I can understand why you say that, because he definitely plays too deep, which gives the other CM no support. But today he actually pushed slightly further upfield, perhaps because he seemed to be doing a job on Hernandez.

But once again, if he wasn't doing exactly what Carlos wanted he would be rollocked or dropped, so it must be Carlos telling him to sit between the two CBs.

I do think at home against Burton he should be rested and Abdi-Bannan played, as we should be on the front foot for 80 minutes and we should have no need for a CDM.

4 minutes ago, Stoop said:

He does drop far too deep which always leaves his partner in the middle completely isolated 

I would imagine that he's only following orders though 

I've said this before. He drops so deep he is a fifth defender which, when we have no wide players capable of beating a man, is unhelpful. When we play macka and fessi out wide it will work, otherwise it stifles anything down the middle.

I was thinking during the game, when the sibs were made.

Jones/Palmer for Sasso, moving Hutch into the back 4.

Macmanamn for Wallace.

Winall for Fox.

Westwood

Hunt                        Hutch                 Loovens               Reach

Macmanaman                Abdi       Jones/Palmer            Forestieri

Winall                               Rhodes.

8 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I can understand why you say that, because he definitely plays too deep, which gives the other CM no support. But today he actually pushed slightly further upfield, perhaps because he seemed to be doing a job on Hernandez.

But once again, if he wasn't doing exactly what Carlos wanted he would be rollocked or dropped, so it must be Carlos telling him to sit between the two CBs.

I do think at home against Burton he should be rested and Abdi-Bannan played, as we should be on the front foot for 80 minutes and we should have no need for a CDM.

FFS! you taking Burton for granted, typical of Owls fans, just because they are a 'Smaller' club.

Don't underestimate them.

Just now, TodwickOwl said:

We play with wing backs, Hutch drops into a back 3 of Sasso and Loovens and the wing backs move forward. It's been like that all season. 

That's what is hindering us in a nutshell.

Our poxy wingbacks.

We shouldn't be playing wingbacks. They should just play as orthodox fullbacks. Let the players with genuine ability do the attacking.