This has to stop now.

17 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

Hard to believe after 20 years of pain some of our fans (and I use that term loosely) haven't mastered the art of losing with dignity. 

Some of the posts are borderline Trumpesque with the reality. 

We don't create chances - 29 against Brentford. 

Its like it was under Gray - maybe I missed Grays run in the top six. 

We're where we are due to luck - yea missing two pens, hitting woodwork 2 or 3 times in single game sounds really lucky! 

Come on ladies and gents. This sense of entitlement isn't our way surely. Cheer the team on! Take off the expectancy and pressure! If we could build that atmosphere I'm sure players would benefit as well as results! 

When Gray had decent strikers at his disposal we beat Leeds 6-0

2 minutes ago, smithyswfc said:

Last year I never looked at any matches thinking we won't win that, because you knew we would go for it and always play for the win. This year we play not to lose we rarely, if ever attack a team straight from the off.

Last year we attacked quickly and directly where as this season it's cautious slow passing we never attack with pace and try to kill teams off which is why we've only scored 3 goals in a match twice this season and we just scrape wins.

I did, I assumed we'd go into every game struggling to get a result but I didn't open my gob because what benefit would it have given to the team? You go to a match and moan or moan about the team on message boards, and let's face it, it's a very easy trap to fall into, what good would it do the team when they find out about it? 

Limping past Wigan and Blackburn, more by luck than anything else, then as soon as we play a half decent side, 20 odd million quid of players can only manage 1 shot on target, which was a f#cking awful penalty.

Then, when we need to chase a game, instead of putting Sam "14 goals in 20 odd games" Winnall on, he goes for the tried and tested Barry "pass to your centre half" Bannan.

Nah Carlos is doing a great job,  6th place last season, spend another £20 million in a weaker division, still clinging on to 6th, how dare we question him? 

1 minute ago, pgmetcalf said:

I did, I assumed we'd go into every game struggling to get a result but I didn't open my gob because what benefit would it have given to the team? You go to a match and moan or moan about the team on message boards, and let's face it, it's a very easy trap to fall into, what good would it do the team when they find out about it? 

Can you honestly say you're happy with how we are playing this season? Do you think we are doing as well as we should be with this squad?

I am happy we are in the top 6 but my worry is we won't be come the end of the season. 

And about going to a match and moaning, yes if we are not playing well and we're struggling against teams like bristol, Wigan and Brentford then I think fans have every right to moan.

1 minute ago, smithyswfc said:

Can you honestly say you're happy with how we are playing this season? Do you think we are doing as well as we should be with this squad?

I am happy we are in the top 6 but my worry is we won't be come the end of the season. 

And about going to a match and moaning, yes if we are not playing well and we're struggling against teams like bristol, Wigan and Brentford then I think fans have every right to moan.

OK, be in Rotherham's position then 

Last season I didn't go into every game thinking we would win, but I did go into every game thinking we would have a go, and yes it didn't happen every match, so be it but in most games we gave it a good try..

this season should be different, with the money spent and the players we have brought in, but its the opposite, we should go into some games expecting to win, but when you play the wrong players in the wrong positions and set up not to lose rather than to win we are losing games we shouldn't, yes both Brighton away and Leeds today were two of those games, not games I expected to win but with the performance of the opposition in both matches we should have won both.

we should at least be comfortably sat in a play off place by now, not hoping that Fulham don't win to keep us there

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Fair enough comment mate...But you are talkin' to someone who actually doesn't watch when the other team are attacking...I have no earthly idea how well "other" teams play against us.....

If we win...1 nowt...with a goal..in off an offside stray dog...I'm happy...I know that doesn't make me a football purist....but its gone beyond football for me..been like that for years...

I enjoy the team playing expansive football...and I appreciate it...but as we aren't doing that..and haven't since the early 90's...the result is mainly all that matters

Of course I get your point, I walk out and said to the lad many times "Christ we were bad but what the hell we won!" I get that totally.

But expectations have been raised through both our performances last season, our style last season and the amount of wonga we have spent. This season, despite the wins it's been just awful viewing and with the players at his disposal it's not good enough.

What is our style? How are we trying to play? I knew this last season... 

What are we doing in training all week that we come to match day and have no idea/ threat seemingly from set pieces?

Why send put negative messages to players before 2 massive games, referring here to "we've played sat, Brentford didn't and we played Tuesday, Leeds didn't...

How many times do we make half time subs compared to other times? Lots..suggests he hasn't a clue on his best starting line up..

I could go on mate but my finger aches! No he's got to go, give bullen caretaker role til end of the season and then give our coaching, management of players and scouting system a massive strategic overhaul cos it's needed.

2 minutes ago, Thewaynesday said:

no one said you can't question him. But saying you know more than him (like you and so many others do ) is laughable. Short term memories on here. Simple folk I guess 

Why short term memories? 

32 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

You don't "Luckily" get into the play offs in the championships after 30 odd games...You get there because by an' large you deserve to be there.

You can post and post about "Riding yer luck"...but that honestly does not pan out over 3/4 of a season in football...

When we win it's in spite of Carlos's negative tactics no because of them. 

2 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Ok. It's the fans fault then. 

By and large, yes

1 minute ago, smithyswfc said:

So because we're not bottom we can't criticise how we are playing or the negative tactics we have

Tactics which are the same as last year

2 minutes ago, the third man said:

or play to our capabilities and be in Brightons

Do Brighton play to their capabilities every match? Last year, on several occasions, we thought we just had to turn up to beat the teams at the bottom and come unstuck 

5 minutes ago, the third man said:

Last season I didn't go into every game thinking we would win, but I did go into every game thinking we would have a go, and yes it didn't happen every match, so be it but in most games we gave it a good try..

this season should be different, with the money spent and the players we have brought in, but its the opposite, we should go into some games expecting to win, but when you play the wrong players in the wrong positions and set up not to lose rather than to win we are losing games we shouldn't, yes both Brighton away and Leeds today were two of those games, not games I expected to win but with the performance of the opposition in both matches we should have won both.

we should at least be comfortably sat in a play off place by now, not hoping that Fulham don't win to keep us there

Spot on

2 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Do Brighton play to their capabilities every match? Last year, on several occasions, we thought we just had to turn up to beat the teams at the bottom and come unstuck 

I cant remember many matches when we have, Brighton must do it more than us because they are above us in the league