This has to stop now.

It's getting a bit depressing now. A long, long time ago we'd lose one and say "well, we'll win the next one" we'd lose two and we'd say "well, we'll win he next two". Not now, all you lot want to do is capitulate. How can we win 4 on the trot, lose 2 and sack the manager, I really don't understand all this.

1 minute ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

It's getting a bit depressing now. A long, long time ago we'd lose one and say "well, we'll win the next one" we'd lose two and we'd say "well, we'll win he next two". Not now, all you lot want to do is capitulate. How can we win 4 on the trot, lose 2 and sack the manager, I really don't understand all this.

It's not just about losing 2 matches, we create barely any chances, Carlos doesn't know his best team and it's nearly March we've been riding our luck for weeks playing badly and just scraping wins. I can't see us beating Norwich and then a couple of games after we have reading and I can't see us winning that either

6 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

What about stopping all this blind positivity? 

We all know being in 6th isint that bad,despite plundering millions, it's the way we've Been underperforming week after week. Constant changes, pedestrian, negative tactics, silly mistakes, below par players etc etc

Really don't know how many more times this point has to be made for people to get it.

1 minute ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

How can we win 4 on the trot, lose 2 and sack the manager, I really don't understand all this.

I think there's a bigger underlying issue, which is how well we've been playing. And to be honest we've been poor for quite some while. Yes, we won 4 on the trot, but against struggling competition who often outplayed us. I think there's a feeling that we've been riding our luck recently and it's finally run out.

15 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

I think its more to do with the fact  we dont score and our negative play. 

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

You don't "Luckily" get into the play offs in the championships after 30 odd games...You get there because by an' large you deserve to be there.

You can post and post about "Riding yer luck"...but that honestly does not pan out over 3/4 of a season in football...

I think what really grates on some fans is that potentially we should be doing a lot better than we are doing. 

Are you genuinley happy with how this seasons gone? Also, do you genuinley believe we'll get promoted through the play offs, if we keep our place? 

7 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

I get the frustration with the way our game has changed from last season, but it's a 'needs must' scenario as far as I'm concerned. And it's largely been working for us this year. Even though I do understand we're a frustrating and at times tedious watch, the meltdowns every time we lose or draw or score just the one goal are crazy.

Apart from the last two games, we've been consistently winning more points than we did last year; it hasn't been as good to watch, but I don't care about that because we can sort that out in time. Results above all for me, and they're something that needs attending to every single game. It's been going well until this week. Sexy football is important to us paying fans, of course it is - but genuine bottom line, it's icing on the cake.

Yes, I get that we're going to struggle to win if we don't make chances. Except we haven't been very making many chances all year, and we have been winning for the most part. And yet people seem to think we've somehow fluked our way through this year so far, despite holding a top six spot with much more consistently than we ever did last season - that's what I don't understand.

We're clearly trying to address the attacking side of our game, hence all the attacking signings. But that's a process. Personally I think it'll come good, but it remains to be seen. Changes will eventually have to be made if not, I guess.

Meanwhile though, we've got the boring fundamentals down far better this year: the mental side of grinding out tough and unglamorous results, the physical robustness where we so often used to get brushed aside defensively, and the ability to go anywhere and win on our day when last season there were loads of games where we honestly thought a point would be our limit. And all that has been just as rewarding to me as last year's goal-fest at both ends.

It's not as pretty or exciting, but it's effective. Two below-par games and 4-6 disappointing points dropped doesn't change that.

Hard to believe after 20 years of pain some of our fans (and I use that term loosely) haven't mastered the art of losing with dignity. 

Some of the posts are borderline Trumpesque with the reality. 

We don't create chances - 29 against Brentford. 

Its like it was under Gray - maybe I missed Grays run in the top six. 

We're where we are due to luck - yea missing two pens, hitting woodwork 2 or 3 times in single game sounds really lucky! 

Come on ladies and gents. This sense of entitlement isn't our way surely. Cheer the team on! Take off the expectancy and pressure! If we could build that atmosphere I'm sure players would benefit as well as results! 

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

You can post and post about "Riding yer luck"...but that honestly does not pan out over 3/4 of a season in football...

I said we've been riding our luck "recently". And we have.

I really believe that we're in the play off positions despite rather than because of our performances. £20 Million buys you enough quality players to deliver occasional individually good performances, and I think this is all that's kept us in the top 6.

22 minutes ago, smithyswfc said:

It's not just about losing 2 matches, we create barely any chances, Carlos doesn't know his best team and it's nearly March we've been riding our luck for weeks playing badly and just scraping wins. I can't see us beating Norwich and then a couple of games after we have reading and I can't see us winning that either

People said exactly the same last year

2 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

I think what really grates on some fans is that potentially we should be doing a lot better than we are doing. 

Are you genuinley happy with how this seasons gone? Also, do you genuinley believe we'll get promoted through the play offs, if we keep our place? 

Yep..genuinley happy with the play offs...

Ive no idea if we would go up via the play offs, but there again , nor has any other bugger who supports any other team thats in the play offs....because thats the nature of the league...

Newcastle are probably going up automatic, but we beat them at Newcastle...Brighton were miles beyond us in last years league...but we beat 'em in the play offs...Its a f.ookin' lottery.

Its pointless asking me if " I am happy with the football we are playing"..cos I hardly f.ookin' watch..I support Wednesday...football is secondary...Doesn't make we right nor you wrong....but WEdnesday winning is the be all and end all for me..the rest of it is just a load of blokes kickin' a f.ookin' ball around

11 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

You don't "Luckily" get into the play offs in the championships after 30 odd games...You get there because by an' large you deserve to be there.

You deserve to finish where you finish. After 46 games if we are 6th then we'll deserve it.

However no one can deny it's been tedious to watch which given our squad is not good enough. 

Ill stick my neck out (it's a forum and no one knows who I am!) and say we won't finish top 7

32 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

It's the team that capitulates mate. 

23 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

The big picture:

We are not fighting relegation but 7 times out of ten we approach games as though we are. I don't want the manager sacked but if the style and approach does not alter very quickly (BTW I don't expect a change) he will be sacked that is more or less guaranteed. If we make the play offs and fail, Carlos will not be here for the new season, it's nailed on.

Just now, pgmetcalf said:

People said exactly the same last year

Last year I never looked at any matches thinking we won't win that, because you knew we would go for it and always play for the win. This year we play not to lose we rarely, if ever attack a team straight from the off.

Last year we attacked quickly and directly where as this season it's cautious slow passing we never attack with pace and try to kill teams off which is why we've only scored 3 goals in a match twice this season and we just scrape wins.

2 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

You deserve to finish where you finish. After 46 games if we are 6th then we'll deserve it.

However no one can deny it's been tedious to watch which given our squad is not good enough. 

Ill stick my neck out (it's a forum and no one knows who I am!) and say we won't finish top 7

Fair enough comment mate...But you are talkin' to someone who actually doesn't watch when the other team are attacking...I have no earthly idea how well "other" teams play against us.....

If we win...1 nowt...with a goal..in off an offside stray dog...I'm happy...I know that doesn't make me a football purist....but its gone beyond football for me..been like that for years...

I enjoy the team playing expansive football...and I appreciate it...but as we aren't doing that..and haven't since the early 90's...the result is mainly all that matters

We are underperforming, simple as.

Yes, we are in the last playoff position (at least at the minute), but considering the talent of the squad - this is hardly amazing.

If tactics don't change then I see us falling out of the playoff positions. There is no way we can keep performing as abjectly as this and expect to outlast the challenging teams looking to break into the playoffs.