Poll: Man of the Match vs Leeds...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Leeds  

313 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Leeds?

• Westwood
    • Hunt
    • Sasso
    • Loovens
    • Fox
    • Hutchinson
    • Abdi
    • Reach
    • Rhodes
    • Forestieri
    • Wallace
    • McManaman
    • Fletcher
    • Bannan

Wwood 5

Hunt 5

Sasso 4 not good enough

Loovens 5 ok but leeds cbs a big step up

Fox 4 hope its just a glitch, if not how can carlos ruin a player that quick

Wallace 3 overrated by many but none more so than cc, very poor in open play, a full backs dream. Starting him or reach over macca consistently shows cc has no clue about attacking football.

Hutch 6

Abdi 5 not as mobile as bannan and plays mainly safe passes, probably not the sole answer many think, its the flanks where we are woeful not the spine.

Reach 3 briefly thought he was coming good but shocked at that for 5m, different player to wallace but same 2-3 goals and assists all season, neither good enough tho reach has time to improve

Fessi 5 no service as usual but marked out, needed to link with midfield better in hole

Rhodes 4 as fessi but poor peno for a 10m player, is chansiri buying boro next!?

Macca 6 ok but wasted on left

Fletcher 3 another poor signing

Carlos very poor yet again against leeds who were nothing special, not sure abdi was answer away from home in a derby, positive wallace his big favourite not the answer over macca tho. 

Poor signings, no pace in team, no width, poor performances this season, how are we 6th?, wont stay there unless we learn to attack from start.

Wwood

Hunt lees loovy pudil

Macca hutch abdi bannan

Fessi

Rhodes

Dont like pudi but would drop fox, wallace n reach as a minimum after that

crap

I picked Wallace and I've explained why. Maybe the "sectioning" idea is warranted but not because of begrudgingly picking Wallace as MOM. I think I deserve it for continuing to keep my hopes up of having a comfortable win in an attacking display of straightforward dominant football including taking our chances when they come.  lol 

I also think that anybody who does not feel they are going a bit insane this season have real problems!!

45 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

WHO VOTED WALLACE?

Warning before you admit it....I will be trying to section you.

Like others was poor going forward but forgot to mention he made it so easy for that assisted cross to come in for the goal.

People say hes clever but if you cant see a right footer is gonna cut back and cross it on their right (like he used to on his left) you're not that clever, either that or his legs are too small to ever block anything or tackle anyone, but either way hes been mostly poor attacking and defending this season.

Does his best but when macca is always on bench its pure favouritism and self harming management imo

westwood  5

hunt          5

sasso       2.........oh dear

loovens    6

fox           3 .........not impressed me so far .....

Wallace   5

abdi         4..........

hutch      6

reach      3........worst ive seen him play,  awful

FF          4

Rhodes   4

macca    4

2 sides who are drilled on being defensively strong was never going to be a thriller ...and it wasn't .

westwood  5

hunt          5

sasso       2

loovens    5

fox           3 

Wallace   4

abdi         5

hutch      6

reach      3

FF           6

Rhodes  4

macca    5

fletcher   2

bannan   5

CC 1 - disaster - needed a goal so we kept the leading scorer in winnall on the bench and brought prolific goal scorer fletch on 

2 shots on target from both sides the entire match told its own story,in Winnall we bought an inform striker who now is a bench warmer,and FF got most of his  goals from outwide last season,team selection yet again was strange.

We somehow contrived to switch off defensively for the goal,Sasso doesnt deal with the cross and Loovens whose closest to Woods for some unexplained reason steps out to shout offside? It beggered belief with Hunt playing them all on.

Once Bannan came on we moved the ball more intelligently,and had an energy we had been lacking,we looked a threat for the 1st time in the game.

Hutchinson was yet again MOM for me,thought Hunt and Wallace worked hard and at least tried to influence the game,reach got no change down the left.

The week before Cardiff put some telling crosses into thier back stick and profited,we must not have watched that game.

Watched the game then went out for the day - helped a mate out with some DIY and literally only just got in about half an hour ago.

DIY p..issed me off as much as the game did today.

For me the goal came at a time when we'd just established a foothold in the game and were starting to threaten going forwards after letting Leeds come at us for the first 15-20 minutes. 

I felt Hutchinson nullified the threat of Hernandez very well (he was pretty quiet) but our fullbacks were struggling to cope with what was coming at them - Leeds looked good down the flanks but looked better because of the lack of cover our 2 wingers provided.

Abdi, at times looks very composed and you can see he has more of a drive to get forwards but struggled to really maintain an influence throughout because the options to play people in were being snuffed out by Leeds.

I'd give him MoM but there was not one stand out player among the 11 today which is a concern. 

Criminal piece of defending from Sasso for the goal and on another day the penalty goes in giving us a point.

Looked like 2 sides that were setting up not to lose rather than either team really wanting to assert themselves - we've got to do better or we ain't making top 6.

16 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Can someone explain to me how you decide that for a team to be limited to 11 touches in our box in 90 minutes (we had 22 in theirs), 6 shots all game (with only 3 of those coming from inside the box) our CB's deserve ratings of 3's and 2's?

Because sure we conceded after a calamity of errors in the space of 2 seconds, but apart from that did Leeds really threaten? 

Statistics can sometimes be misleading. Touches in the box mean nothing with such a weak performance. This is the first game I've been really annoyed all season at how much better we should be doing, I've tried to stay pretty positive and defend individuals, but this was bad.

I do still support Carlos, as I love the guy, and I want him to be the man to take us up, but apart from Hutch (who merely did his "easier" task of getting stuck in and being a nuisance to an ok standard) Wednesday gave nothing against an average Leeds side.

Leeds didn't particularly threaten, but didn't have to! They won.

In my book if a CB ducks out of a header to put a goal on a plate for their main man, he's instantly a 1 and has to start to earn his way back up the ratings thereafter. He was below average after.

Loovens (I very much like him as a leader and CB at this level, just missing little bit of pace) arguably partly to blame for the goal, missed easy chance to equalise. Other than that, nothing of note and generally below average.

In such an uninspiring performance the low scores are totally warranted.

Sasso, Fox, Reach and Rhodes looked like conference players. Wallace diving, kicking it out of play. Forestieri best player in league?? Talisman?? Prem level?? Tha what. Abdi. Fighting for a shirt?? Hunt - *unt. Mcmanaman. Pfff.

We were bad.

We buy two of the supposedly most prolific strikers in the championship, then play ONE. And we have a choice between them of Winnall, who was scoring regularly for Barnsley, and Rhodes, who in all fairness has not this season had a lot of matchtime, so we prefer him to Winnall.  Seems strange, to me.