Poll: Man of the Match vs Leeds...and your player ratings

Man of the Match vs Leeds  

313 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match vs Leeds?

• Westwood
    • Hunt
    • Sasso
    • Loovens
    • Fox
    • Hutchinson
    • Abdi
    • Reach
    • Rhodes
    • Forestieri
    • Wallace
    • McManaman
    • Fletcher
    • Bannan

Westwood 6 - Very little to do. Can't understand why he takes so long with every kick, even when we're in the ascendancy.

Hunt 6 - Solid defensively but crossing could have been better.

Sasso 4 - I'm not a fan. We really need a better defender as cover.

Loovens 6 - Poor decision for the goal but he was solid.

Fox 4 - Looked way out of his depth. 

Wallace 5 - A few decent crosses, naff all else.

Abdi 7 - Always composed, first touch always excellent, couple of good balls in the first half. Should have stayed on.

Hutch 7 - Put himself about as ever. Tidy on the ball. Did his job.

Reach 4 - Weak and ineffective. 1 great cross in first half though. 

FF 5 - Did very little. Should have done better with his first half chance.

Rhodes 5 - Still looks rusty to me. A fully firing Rhodes would have been on the end of some of those crosses. Poor pen.

Macca 6 - A bit of a threat but gave the all away too often.

Bannan 5 - Did next to nothing.

Fletcher 4 - Very poor. Couldn't win a header and lost the ball everytime he had it.

Westwood 5 crap kicks and static 

hunt 6 best of a poor defence 

loovens 3 pathetic

sasso as above 

fox 3 shocking 

Wallace 3 nothing in his locker another Carlos favourite 

Hutchinson 5 poor distribution 

abdi 5 is this what we were waiting for ?

reach 2 what was that ?

ff 6 ok 

rhodes 3 pathetic penalty and not what I expect for 10 mil 

mcmanaman 5 not near what he was Tuesday 

love child 3 chasing a goal and we turn to him . Pathetic 

fletcher -5 the worst showing I've seen in a Wednesday shirt 

wenger mk 2 tactically inept 

Westwood 6 - no chance with the goal, ok distribution but shouldn't have been offering out one of our fans at the end, it gives off the impression that we're disintegrating

Hunt 5.5 - worked hard going forwards and backwards but his crossing was awful

Sasso 5 - what the hell were the pair of them playing at for the goal? Apart from that they kept Leeds quiet but that was an unforgivable mistake.

Loovens 5 - see above. As ponderous as ever in possession 

Fox 4 - loose passing and weak defending

Wallace 5 - his deliveries from dead ball situations were very good, his attacking in open play was dreadful. Not bad defensively 

Hutchinson 6 - looked up for it and won lots on the ground and in the air, though I wish his passing would improve

Abdi 7 - our best player. Picked the right pass every time and delivered it straight to feet. Linked defence and attack - why the hell we subbed him off I'll never know

Reach 5 - worked hard, made some good interceptions and did well with some dangerous deliveries first half but his touch was awful second half and he looked out of his depth

Forestieri 5 - did his best but was well marshalled by Leeds' defence 

Rhodes 4 - did very little other than missing the penalty 

McManaman 6 - did well when he had the ball but we didn't give it him often enough

Bannan 5 - inferior to Abdi, got bullied off the ball too many times 

Fletcher 5 - did better than Rhodes in making the ball stick up front but his decision making was poor.

1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

Westwood 6

Hunt 6

Sasso 5

Loovens 6

Reach 5

Wallace 2

Abdi 5

Hutch 8

FF 6

Rhodes 4

CM 5

Bannan 5

Fletcher 3

How does Wallace get a game for Wednesday, and how does he stay on the pitch - fat little useless lump. 

I  agree, but would have put it differently! Why does CC not see through him?

Couldn't make my mind up as nobody stood out as playing really well. But the overall performance was not too bad compared to the really slow and ultra defensive lapses we have had.

Hutchinson had his usual game but I cant bear to vote for him every week when he is a "third centre back" . It sticks in my craw when we should be attacking. Abdi was very neat and always makes a yard for himself when pressed. I don't think he should have been subbed as there was nothing going wrong at the time. Bannon however did play ok.so I dont think it did too much damage.

I opted for Wallace as he did put in some decent balls and did a lot of covering. He even went outside his man once and put in a good cross with his right foot. He got MOM mainly for doing the unexpected lol - once.
Reach gave the ball away too often and apart from the Birmingham game has looked slow and weak in possession. Both in the first half and the second he tried to put crosses in and hit it out for a goal kick when he was almost behind the defender. He did not have the pace or skill to get space to get his foot round the ball.

While nobody played particularly well we at least attacked and pressed. If we get in the play offs we are capable of beating teams if we play with tempo and pass the ball forwards. We lost today because of a defensive error and missing a penalty. We have dropped points in many games through not attacking and easing off when we are on top or missing chances when we are on top.

I still think Forestieri is wasted in many games battling with centre halves. For the good of the team I think he should play on the left especially as Reach is struggling at the moment. Mcmanaman played well enough to be considered for a start - even with Wallace's stunning MOM performance lol especially if Forestieri stays up top.

Edited by the mighty wednesday

Terrible performance anyone who says differently must have been on the sauce all morning! 

Here's my ratings.... 

Westwood- 6 - had nothing to do. Could he have reacted quicker to woods goal maybe but harsh to shift any blame onto him. 

Fox- 2 - terrible. Offered nothing going forward and was fragile in defence. Thus Rhys wiggins Mark 2. Another waste of money. Urby can't be any worse than that. 

Loovens - 4- didn't have much to do. Kept Wood quiet other than his goal. That said his passing and touch is so sloppy. You only had to look with envy at janson  and Bartley. They are two proper CB. 

Missed 2 chances that could be called sitters. 

4- sasso - first half he was a 1. But 2nd he was better. One mistake cost us the whole game. That's his fault. 

Sloppy in large parts. Not good enough I'm afraid. 

Hunt - 4 -  tried but he also just isn't good enough for me. Look at the right back at Huddersfield he's class. Creates and scores. One good cross in a season isn't good enough I'm afraid. 

Another poor signing. 

Hutch- 5 - did nothing but slide around making silly challenges. Been right off the boil for weeks. Time for him to move back into defence? 

Abdi- 4 - big chance not taken. Did nothing.  Quite frankly he has no bottle. Played behind hutch most of the game. Didn't try anything didn't create anything. 

Set peice delivery was awful. 

Another waste of big money. 

Wallace- 3- anonymous. Did nothing but dive around trying to win cheap free kicks. 

( when was the last time we scored direct from a free kick? Maguire?) 

His set peice delivery was awful. 

Lazy performance. Macca should have started. Is Wallace getting past it? 

Reach-2- this guy is terrible. I'm sorry I want to like him but I can't. His first touch is poor, he's not fast, he's not skillful, he can't cross, he can't take a man. He kicked the ball out of play time and time again  and he cost us 5 million pounds. He could have forestieri and knockaert for that. Quite simply he is a terrible signing.

Rhodes - 3 - did nothing other than miss a pen. Pressure starting to build. Huge money and has played almost 90 in every game and has 1 in 6. His job is to score goals and he's not. Needs to work harder didn't seem up for it today. 

Poor pen. Keeper guesses right way he saves it. No pace on it at all. 

Standard Wednesday turning a great player crap. 

Forestieri- 5 - he tried but did little really to influence the game. They marked hon out of the game. Don't remember him even having a shot. 

Fletcher- 1- did nothing. Lost the ball in two good positions. His season is spiralling into nothingness. Should be chomping at the bit but is clearly happy to pick up his huge pay check and not bother. 

Macca - 6- should have started offers more than Wallace and reach combined. Couple of good runs and crosses. 

Bannan - 4 - should again be wanting to prove a point but had no impact on the game. Just over hit diagonal balls which has become the norm this season. 

Carlos 1- Leeds weren't good. We played into Thier hands with our slow boring and predictable game. Our squad has literally zero pace it's like watching a over 40's team at 5 a side. Everything we do is slow and lethargic

Did abdi even enter the Leeds box today? Why were we playing long ball against the best two CB in the league? 

Why bring on bannan? That wasn't going to change the game

His recruitment and tactics has turned the whole situation at Hillsborough sour. We're stuck in a awful negative slow Boring rut. There's little to get excited about we've made big signings that have pretty much all flopped. 

He talks about the virus of negativity around Hillsborough well unfortunately carlos your patient zero. 

You have caused this. 

Time to man up and make the big decisions. 

1 hour ago, Kenners3896 said:

Terrible performance anyone who says differently must have been on the sauce all morning! 

Here's my ratings.... 

Westwood- 6 - had nothing to do. Could he have reacted quicker to woods goal maybe but harsh to shift any blame onto him. 

Fox- 2 - terrible. Offered nothing going forward and was fragile in defence. Thus Rhys wiggins Mark 2. Another waste of money. Urby can't be any worse than that. 

Loovens - 4- didn't have much to do. Kept Wood quiet other than his goal. That said his passing and touch is so sloppy. You only had to look with envy at janson  and Bartley. They are two proper CB. 

Missed 2 chances that could be called sitters. 

4- sasso - first half he was a 1. But 2nd he was better. One mistake cost us the whole game. That's his fault. 

Sloppy in large parts. Not good enough I'm afraid. 

Hunt - 4 -  tried but he also just isn't good enough for me. Look at the right back at Huddersfield he's class. Creates and scores. One good cross in a season isn't good enough I'm afraid. 

Another poor signing. 

Hutch- 5 - did nothing but slide around making silly challenges. Been right off the boil for weeks. Time for him to move back into defence? 

Abdi- 4 - big chance not taken. Did nothing.  Quite frankly he has no bottle. Played behind hutch most of the game. Didn't try anything didn't create anything. 

Set peice delivery was awful. 

Another waste of big money. 

Wallace- 3- anonymous. Did nothing but dive around trying to win cheap free kicks. 

( when was the last time we scored direct from a free kick? Maguire?) 

His set peice delivery was awful. 

Lazy performance. Macca should have started. Is Wallace getting past it? 

Reach-2- this guy is terrible. I'm sorry I want to like him but I can't. His first touch is poor, he's not fast, he's not skillful, he can't cross, he can't take a man. He kicked the ball out of play time and time again  and he cost us 5 million pounds. He could have forestieri and knockaert for that. Quite simply he is a terrible signing.

Rhodes - 3 - did nothing other than miss a pen. Pressure starting to build. Huge money and has played almost 90 in every game and has 1 in 6. His job is to score goals and he's not. Needs to work harder didn't seem up for it today. 

Poor pen. Keeper guesses right way he saves it. No pace on it at all. 

Standard Wednesday turning a great player crap. 

Forestieri- 5 - he tried but did little really to influence the game. They marked hon out of the game. Don't remember him even having a shot. 

Fletcher- 1- did nothing. Lost the ball in two good positions. His season is spiralling into nothingness. Should be chomping at the bit but is clearly happy to pick up his huge pay check and not bother. 

Macca - 6- should have started offers more than Wallace and reach combined. Couple of good runs and crosses. 

Bannan - 4 - should again be wanting to prove a point but had no impact on the game. Just over hit diagonal balls which has become the norm this season. 

Carlos 1- Leeds weren't good. We played into Thier hands with our slow boring and predictable game. Our squad has literally zero pace it's like watching a over 40's team at 5 a side. Everything we do is slow and lethargic

Did abdi even enter the Leeds box today? Why were we playing long ball against the best two CB in the league? 

Why bring on bannan? That wasn't going to change the game

His recruitment and tactics has turned the whole situation at Hillsborough sour. We're stuck in a awful negative slow Boring rut. There's little to get excited about we've made big signings that have pretty much all flopped. 

He talks about the virus of negativity around Hillsborough well unfortunately carlos your patient zero. 

You have caused this. 

Time to man up and make the big decisions. 

Ya off ya nut. 

Can someone explain to me how you decide that for a team to be limited to 11 touches in our box in 90 minutes (we had 22 in theirs), 6 shots all game (with only 3 of those coming from inside the box) our CB's deserve ratings of 3's and 2's?

Because sure we conceded after a calamity of errors in the space of 2 seconds, but apart from that did Leeds really threaten? 

18 minutes ago, abdiwonderland said:

Ya off ya nut. 

You disagree? Think we played well? Think it's acceptable that a 5 million pound player kicked the ball out of play time after time? Leeds were poor today. Somehow we were worse. We didn't test green once other than that awful pen. 

Is that acceptable? 

21 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Can someone explain to me how you decide that for a team to be limited to 11 touches in our box in 90 minutes (we had 22 in theirs), 6 shots all game (with only 3 of those coming from inside the box) our CB's deserve ratings of 3's and 2's?

Because sure we conceded after a calamity of errors in the space of 2 seconds, but apart from that did Leeds really threaten? 

Did we? Did green make a save? 

Loovens missed two free headers. Didn't even hit the target. Desperately missing lees 

22 minutes ago, Kenners3896 said:

Did we? Did green make a save? 

Loovens missed two free headers. Didn't even hit the target. Desperately missing lees 

We did. Green made one great save from the spot, apart from that he had nowt to do.

Loovens probably should have scored for sure, but not sure a defender missing two chances is worthy of a damning score. I sure as hell ain't arguing either CB played well, but I'm not convinced what was, apart from the goal, a show of strength in preventing Leeds from getting barely a sniff means our CBs deserve such low scores.