Baffling substitutions

5 hours ago, Madmax said:

dONT BLAME cc FOR THAT. NOT HIS FAULT PLAYERS CANT PASS/KEEP BALL. OR MISS A PENALTY. WE HAD MORE ATTEMPS & MORE CORNERS.

He has to take the blame.

The Brentford match was embarrassing.

Yes, Rhodes missed a penalty. It was poor. But it's Carlos' fault that he hasn't had a proper strike partner, and not enough quality balls been fed into the box. 

2 hours ago, Robdylan said:

I love Carlos, but what the hell is happening?

Seriously?

Is there something happening behind the scenes that we don't know about?

His tactics, formations and substitutions, have baffled me for a long time now.

Apparently, he's had books published regarding tactics etc. Yet look what's happening.

I went to the Brentford game, and I couldn't believe that he didn't bring McManaman on at half time. And when he did bring him on, he played him on the left instead of on the right. There were spells in that second half where McManaman and Fernando were both on the left, Winnall looked like a central midfielder playing in the middle, and Wallace was stood next to him, leaving Palmer with nobody to pass to. There was no shape, nothing. 

Why on earth has he not persevered with Rhodes and Winnall as a partnership? They should be starting every week.

McManaman should be given a run out on the right wing, where he can whip balls in at pace, for TWO forwards to attack. If he wants to persist with Wallace, he could play him on the left. Alternatively, he can play Fernando on the left, or even try him on the right. He has many options to choose from. Yet against Brentford, he played Bannan there. Why?

If he starts Rhodes and Fernando up front against Norwich, with Wallace on the right, I'll lose it. 

Hear, hear. 

Great post.

7 hours ago, alanharper said:

Rhodes wasn't having a good game, but I'd have kept him on, he's proven to have the ability to score if that one chance drops to him.  Whereas Fletcher has never looked like scoring, ever.

Should have had Winnall on for Wallace, FF to the left and McManaman to the right.

This. But we're all wrong lol.

3 hours ago, Robdylan said:

I love Carlos, but what the hell is happening?

Seriously?

Is there something happening behind the scenes that we don't know about?

His tactics, formations and substitutions, have baffled me for a long time now.

Apparently, he's had books published regarding tactics etc. Yet look what's happening.

I went to the Brentford game, and I couldn't believe that he didn't bring McManaman on at half time. And when he did bring him on, he played him on the left instead of on the right. There were spells in that second half where McManaman and Fernando were both on the left, Winnall looked like a central midfielder playing in the middle, and Wallace was stood next to him, leaving Palmer with nobody to pass to. There was no shape, nothing. 

Why on earth has he not persevered with Rhodes and Winnall as a partnership? They should be starting every week.

McManaman should be given a run out on the right wing, where he can whip balls in at pace, for TWO forwards to attack. If he wants to persist with Wallace, he could play him on the left. Alternatively, he can play Fernando on the left, or even try him on the right. He has many options to choose from. Yet against Brentford, he played Bannan there. Why?

If he starts Rhodes and Fernando up front against Norwich, with Wallace on the right, I'll lose it. 

Perfectly summed up for me. I genuinely feel awful saying this but I said the same about Jones when he went doolally near the end.....but there be would be some who would question if  Carlos (allegedly!) is after the sack and compo? 

Edited by Almat