8YyhIdz.png

vggJ8Nb.png

vmQySka.png

vggJ8Nb.png

75aHVLu.jpg

HZZb744.png

GLQn2fz.gif

MATCHDAY THINGS

Official Matchday Pie: Take your pick. Steve Evans has gone so there will be a reasonable selection.

Official Matchday Drink: Last 16 Pint Challenge of Febuary, so get stuck in.

Official Matchday Song: “What it is” by Apollis…

Leeds United head coach Garry Monk has no new injury or suspension concerns for the visit of Yorkshire rivals Sheffield Wednesday. Full-back Charlie Taylor (Achilles) is back in training but will not feature.

Sheffield Wednesday defender Morgan Fox (ankle) is doubtful with the ankle injury that ruled him out of the midweek defeat by Brentford. Former Leeds defender Tom Lees (knee) and striker Gary Hooper (thigh) are both out.

o8eGbA5.png Head To Head V1LHByE.png

▪    Chris Wood has scored in both of his league games against Sheffield Wednesday for Leeds United (two goals).

▪    Sheffield Wednesday have won just one of their last eight trips to Elland Road (D3 L4).

▪    No player in the top four tiers of English football has scored in as many competitive matches this season as Leeds' Chris Wood (20 matches).

▪    Sheffield Wednesday have scored in 29 different Championship matches this season; more than any other side.

▪    Leeds have won 11 of their last 14 Championship matches at Elland Road (W11 D1 L2); winning 34 points from a possible 42 during this run.

TrIkCGw.png

KING CARLOS’ PEARLS OF WISDOM

“We are a team that in the last 16 games are second in the Championship and in the last five games, have won four. We are a team that is in a good position, not fantastic, but it is a good position. There are a lot of positive things. I want to be optimistic, I want to put everybody optimistic, I want to put the environment positive and I want to push my players. It’s a big part of my work to put everybody positive. My reality is to push everybody up and to prepare the team for the derby.” If you ask, can we win against any team in the competition then I would say yes, we can win against any team. If you ask if it will be a tough game for Leeds, to be absolutely sure and to us also. We are not an easy team to play against and that is a big positive of the game for us. We are ready to the derby and ready to compete, going to Leeds with positivity.  We are ready, we are positive and that is my message to everybody.

CkWDVYc.jpg

Nothing will be decided after the game, it’s an important game and more so because it’s a derby. All the games are important. On Saturday we will go there to discuss the three points and we are ready and feeling positive to play in the derby.Leeds are consistent, they are doing very well and have the same points as us. This is one team people are saying are having a fantastic season. They have the same points as us so far, so we are doing a fantastic season too. We have recovered points to be near them in the past month but it will be difficult for both teams, it’s a derby. We understand how they will play, they will not jump out from the bushes to surprise us and we will be ready. We must fight hard in the game, they have a good team, good players and good organisation. But if I were in the position of Garry Monk, I would be saying we will be playing against a good team, good players with good organisation in Sheffield Wednesday. Leeds have players that can score goals, Sheffield Wednesday have players that can score goals we are in similar circumstances to the game and we’ll fight.”

MINTYNESS

TNEW4jT.gif

A very good morning to you all, Pauli opening this Derby day with an excellent storyboard that's got me thinking actually - is the secret to Garry Monk's comparative success at Leeds down to the fact that he's the only manager they've had who isn't losing his hair? We may never know...

Anyway, it's Leeds' biggest game of the season, not that they'll admit it. We get a second chance to climb to 4th - being level on points with Leeds and only 2 points behind Reading, who are away at Brighton. I have trust in CC to banish the complacency of the Brentford game and correct the mistakes. 

Hopefully Fox comes back in and shores up our left hand side, while Sasso and Loovens learn from mid week to deliver a more assured showing in central defence. Abdi will shoulder a lot of responsibility for our attacking work, needs to be effective in linking play to the front two, who can cause massive damage to any team in this league. Hutchinson has that difficult role of balancing his all-action defensive duties while incorporating a touch more adventurous passing.

Leeds aren't to be taken lightly but I do feel they're slightly over rated and overly reliant on Chris Wood, so it's an interesting test for us. Can we affirm our status as a championship heavyweight to be feared in every game? We tend to step it up against the teams around us, so I'm tempted to say yes and predict that we're about to win at Elland Road for the first time in too long. 

Safe trip to all those travelling - and I'll see you there, can't wait.

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Leeds 0-1 Wednesday (Rhodes 85)

Edited by Groundhopping Owl

Nice one pauli, heh heh...

The question on everyone's lips, will Carlos ever fully unleash the full attacking might of our talented squad? My heart says he must, but my head is telling me we'll set up to nullify and hit em on the break. In the words of the immortal DJ Trump: Sad!

No excuses this time. We demand 3 points.

2 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Had a dream last night in

which we took an early 2 goal lead.

Don't know if we held on to it as woke up before end.

Don't read too much into it though as Hooper was one of the scorers and I was at the ground in my dream but not going today.

Did the ground look a bit like Wembley?

Morning all,

Nice one Pauli.

Can't wait for this to start now.  Hopefully the players will put in a top performance tomorrow and make up for the defeat earlier in the week.

So I'm going for a hard fought 2-1 Wednesday win.  Rhodes and McManaman the scorers.

LETS AVE IT!!

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Brilliant OMDT as always Pauli!

Heh.. Heh.. Heh 

lol 

We were poor against Brentford and deservingly lost so hopefully Carlos has giving them the böllocking of a lifetime and the kick up the backside that was warranted.

Tough game this and really want the win head will take 0-1 win by a scruffy goal... heart wants an 0-8 Wednesday win!

RELEASE THE LLAMA

THIS ONE DOESNT RHYME

I REALLY WANT THE WIN 

FÜCK OFF LEEDS

IMG_4972.JPG.317e946f1e2970ea0bd3fd6a622b1033.JPG

COME ON WEDNESDAY!!!

Thanks for the opening to the day Pauli.

All that matters is that we win.

I have never predicted a single result right in 40 years watching football, so what do you make of the fact that I think it will be 2-0......either to us or them.

Desperate for an Owls win as I am sure we all are.  I hate Leeds United, and I can't see past that.